• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WOJ BOMB

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, OKC also had a coach who had no clue how to beat utilize the talent he had. Kerr and Curry would make it work.

This is true.

I mean obviously if KD says he wants to sign in Golden State you know they'll ask Steph for his approval before doing so and if the ENTIRE team buys in then that would be great for them. But once the games start there will be an adjustment period, and how they respond to it is what matters most.

The mismatches they'd cause would almost be unfair.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it would necessarily be a good thing. This could impact chemistry and lead to more selfish play… there's only 1 ball. Having KD, Curry and Klay plus Draymond and the amount of shots all 4 would like to get up a game and someone is left unhappy. I understand Draymond is a facilitator more than scorer, but KD would have to take on a lesser role as well as Steph and Klay.

They are 44-4. If it ain't broke…
I agree that someone would have to get used to less touches & that someone would be KD. Steph, Klay & Dray already share the ball & are used to that team effort. KD is only used to sharing with RW.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main thing most people are missing is that the Warriors core of Steph/Klay/Dray are all locked up for the future. But they can't keep the same core intact for the next 3-4 years because of the eventual decline. Three major rotational guys, Bogut, Iguodala and Livingston are all 30 or older. In basketball terms, they're going to start an eventual down fall in play. It's inevitable unless your name is Tim Duncan.

The Warriors have to plan for the future and make moves that will help them stay on top for the years to come. Complacency is never going to be an issue with the Warriors management and front office.
I agree and am willing to bet of those three Bogut goes first. Iguodala is a much more important asset along with Livingston. And as I mentioned on the other board I just don't think Bogut is a great center.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and am willing to bet of those three Bogut goes first. Iguodala is a much more important asset along with Livingston. And as I mentioned on the other board I just don't think Bogut is a great center.

Bogut is definitely expendable for the right situation. The Warriors basically will have to evaluate this off-season if Ezeli is their long term plan for the center position. Unfortunately Ezeli has had a history of injuries, which is why having both him and Bogut is incredibly important at this stage for the Warriors.

I think Ezeli is capable of being our long term solution, as Draymond has taken a much bigger role in the offense with respects to play making.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut is definitely expendable for the right situation. The Warriors basically will have to evaluate this off-season if Ezeli is their long term plan for the center position. Unfortunately Ezeli has had a history of injuries, which is why having both him and Bogut is incredibly important at this stage for the Warriors.

I think Ezeli is capable of being our long term solution, as Draymond has taken a much bigger role in the offense with respects to play making.
I definitely agree.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they'd get worse by any means, just that it would without a doubt leave someone… likely Klay Thompson unhappy. OKC had RW-KD and Harden along with Ibaka and ended up unloading Harden in part because he wanted to get more shots up and to save $ long term plus reported chemistry issues due to his lack of PT/shots.

It would be a risk is all I'm saying. The chemistry is great… they are having a historic season, their young core is locked up minus Steph. I just think it's something you don't want to mess with. Referring to your Heat comparison they were getting up there in age and already in their primes, whereas GSW has a lot of young talent and should continue to improve.

San Antonio is a perfect example of making small tweaks here and there while staying a title contender.

It really depends on the players. At the end of the day some players want to win while still getting a pretty good pay day. Harden doesn't look like the type of player that cares if he wins a title or not, Durant on the other hand after seeing him cry after the Finals is different. Seeing that reaction, lets me know he wants to win.

But that bench of the Warriors may need to be addressed down the line because they're getting a little long in the tooth.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends on the players. At the end of the day some players want to win while still getting a pretty good pay day. Harden doesn't look like the type of player that cares if he wins a title or not, Durant on the other hand after seeing him cry after the Finals is different. Seeing that reaction, lets me know he wants to win.

But that bench of the Warriors may need to be addressed down the line because they're getting a little long in the tooth.

Definitely. The bench will need an overhaul in the next year or two. If getting KD speeds that up then so be it.

Bogut - 31 (32 this year)
Iguodala - 32
Barbosa - 33 (34 this year)
Livingston - 30 (31 this year)
Rush - 30 (31 this year)

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors will have a major overhaul this off-season KD or not.

Speights, Barbosa and Rush are UFA's.
Jason Thompson will likely be waived (2.6M buyout vs 7M+ for the year)
Livingston has a contract option. I expect that to be picked up, but depends what the options are for FA's.
Barnes and Ezeli are RFA's.
Clark and McAdoo I believe have team options.

The only guaranteed contacts for next year are:
Curry, Thompson, Iguodala, Draymond, Bogut, Looney.

There is going to be an overhaul one way or another.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors will have a major overhaul this off-season KD or not.

Speights, Barbosa and Rush are UFA's.
Jason Thompson will likely be waived (2.6M buyout vs 7M+ for the year)
Livingston has a contract option. I expect that to be picked up, but depends what the options are for FA's.
Barnes and Ezeli are RFA's.
Clark and McAdoo I believe have team options.

The only guaranteed contacts for next year are:
Curry, Thompson, Iguodala, Draymond, Bogut, Looney.

There is going to be an overhaul one way or another.
I heard Bogut's salary for next year can be spread out over the next 3 years. That would be a great cap situation to fall into.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Bogut's salary for next year can be spread out over the next 3 years. That would be a great cap situation to fall into.

Yeah, regardless of the big contracts recently given out to Klay and Green, there's still financial flexibility to have maneuverability with the cap. Speaks volumes to the job Bob Myers has done.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year salaries:

Klay - 17M
Draymond- 15M
Curry - 12M
Iggy - 11M

= 55M

Salary cap- 89 million

max contract for Durant = 1/3 of the cap = just about 30 million.

so- in that context- they would have to get rid of the rest of the guys on the team somehow- and replace them with all league min guys pretty much....is it technically feasible? actually kinda looks like it is....

question- who is Jason Thompson? why is he listed on the Warriors salary cap o nthis site? WEIRD- hes not on their team right? These are the salaries of Golden State Warriors players this season--just looked it up- I didnt know the Warriors got Jason Thompson.....when did that happen?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, regardless of the big contracts recently given out to Klay and Green, there's still financial flexibility to have maneuverability with the cap. Speaks volumes to the job Bob Myers has done.
well if you let Barnes go...if you give Barnes 18M flexibility is kinda gone.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if you let Barnes go...if you give Barnes 18M flexibility is kinda gone.

Oh, maybe I wasn't clear, but I'm not going anywhere near that figure for Barnes. I'm saying that will likely be his per year average in free agency in this current climate. It would be a sign and trade with OKC willing to pay that amount.

As it is, Barnes turned down 16M annually from the Warriors. Being a RFA, I would imagine he's going to be secondary to any real big free agent moves. Warriors will explore other options first and last resort would be to match another team's offer. The Warriors aren't going to be offering him 18M, they'll sit back and watch it play out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, maybe I wasn't clear, but I'm not going anywhere near that figure for Barnes. I'm saying that will likely be his per year average in free agency in this current climate. It would be a sign and trade with OKC willing to pay that amount.

As it is, Barnes turned down 16M annually from the Warriors. Being a RFA, I would imagine he's going to be secondary to any real big free agent moves. Warriors will explore other options first and last resort would be to match another team's offer. The Warriors aren't going to be offering him 18M, they'll sit back and watch it play out.
since OKC is over the tax apron i dont even think they could execute a sign and trade under the new rules. id have to llok at it a little more but im pretty sure thats the case.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since OKC is over the tax apron i dont even think they could execute a sign and trade under the new rules. id have to llok at it a little more but im pretty sure thats the case.

I'll trust you on that, I'm definitely not a cap expert.

If the sign and trade isn't available on OKC's end, looks like the Warriors would have to trade Andre.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard/read scenarios as to where the money could work.

Should it happen, in all seriousness, it would prob lead to James retiring early.
He doesn't play for the need of money, he doesn't care about the regular season, he's done winning league MVP.
It's all about rings, and his shot of ever winning another one would diminish by leaps and bounds.