• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WOJ BOMB

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news: top tier teams legitimate threats to sign premium free agents

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know if I want this to happen would be unfair

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know if I want this to happen would be unfair
Don't worry, if it happens... LeBron and the Spurs will team up to make sure there is a formidable opponent :D

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news: Teams with lots of cap space are rumored to sign top FA's.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State would have to make some moves to have the necessary cap space to sign Durant.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make sense to me that Durant would go to Warriors. If you are in the prime of your Superstar career and you go to the defending Champs -- you get all of the pressure that you must win -- without really getting credit if they do win.

It would make more sense if the Warriors go out in something like the WCFs.

If a Superstar changes teams -- I think most would pick a team just below Championship caliber ... then they feel good about pushing the team over the top. (like Lebron has done twice ... Aldridge ... Shaq ... Bosh ... Howard .. Paul ... it didn't always work -- but that's what they were/are trying to do) They don't want to do a rebuilding job either. (unless they are more interested in money or have a wife who wants to live in NYC)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a bit greedy, but two key pieces that I would be hesitant to move would be Iguodala and Livingston. For what they bring to this team, both are supremely important to what we do. Both are on the wrong side of 30, so that has to be a concern going forward.

The ideal scenario is for the Thunder to facilitate a sign and trade, which would involved a high priced contract in Barnes, Bogut, and picks. Those two contracts together could equal the max value of Durants contract. (Bogut at 13M, Barnes at 17M).

The question starts to become if KD really wants this to happen, will the Thunder let him walk for nothing or would it be in their best interest to facilitate a sign and trade and get some assets back.

If the Warriors could keep Iguodala, Ezeli, and Livingston, while getting Durant, they would be a high tax team, but I don't have any hesitations that Lacob would pay that.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a bit greedy, but two key pieces that I would be hesitant to move would be Iguodala and Livingston. For what they bring to this team, both are supremely important to what we do. Both are on the wrong side of 30, so that has to be a concern going forward.

The ideal scenario is for the Thunder to facilitate a sign and trade, which would involved a high priced contract in Barnes, Bogut, and picks. Those two contracts together could equal the max value of Durants contract. (Bogut at 13M, Barnes at 17M).

The question starts to become if KD really wants this to happen, will the Thunder let him walk for nothing or would it be in their best interest to facilitate a sign and trade and get some assets back.

If the Warriors could keep Iguodala, Ezeli, and Livingston, while getting Durant, they would be a high tax team, but I don't have any hesitations that Lacob would pay that.

With Iguodala, he seems content in the bench role that he's in right now, plus he won't command a significant contract at this juncture (most likely and he's still a good player). The piece that the Dubs would have to let go of is Harrison Barnes, and that wouldn't sting if you're replacing him with Durant. To make this work they're likely going to have to trade Bogut and Livingston, as well as not resigning Barnes.

With Durant, you can plug him anywhere from the 3-5 positions. It would be a nightmare for a lot of teams.

This is interesting.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant would fit this group to perfection in place of Barnes. I don't love the idea of giving up Bogut though.

With the cap rising, could they find away to only give Barnes and a couple picks?

If they somehow pulled this off, then you would have a real debate for greatest team ever.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the wina title of course.

We are getting way ahead of ourselves though.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it would necessarily be a good thing. This could impact chemistry and lead to more selfish play… there's only 1 ball. Having KD, Curry and Klay plus Draymond and the amount of shots all 4 would like to get up a game and someone is left unhappy. I understand Draymond is a facilitator more than scorer, but KD would have to take on a lesser role as well as Steph and Klay.

They are 44-4. If it ain't broke…

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it would necessarily be a good thing. This could impact chemistry and lead to more selfish play… there's only 1 ball. Having KD, Curry and Klay plus Draymond and the amount of shots all 4 would like to get up a game and someone is left unhappy. I understand Draymond is a facilitator more than scorer, but KD would have to take on a lesser role as well as Steph and Klay.

They are 44-4. If it ain't broke…

I actually have to disagree...somewhat. The Warriors are already unselfish, and Durant is usually content with Westbrook getting more shots then him. Who knows what that would look like?

As far as not breaking what's broke. Sometimes you have to stay ahead and adapt. Competition is constantly adapting. Heat fans thought we'd be fine with minor tweaks to the roster after the '13 title. We were like "We're the champs! Why make major changes to the roster?"

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have to disagree...somewhat. The Warriors are already unselfish, and Durant is usually content with Westbrook getting more shots then him. Who knows what that would look like?

As far as not breaking what's broke. Sometimes you have to stay ahead and adapt. Competition is constantly adapting. Heat fans thought we'd be fine with minor tweaks to the roster after the '13 title. We were like "We're the champs! Why make major changes to the roster?"

I'm not saying they'd get worse by any means, just that it would without a doubt leave someone… likely Klay Thompson unhappy. OKC had RW-KD and Harden along with Ibaka and ended up unloading Harden in part because he wanted to get more shots up and to save $ long term plus reported chemistry issues due to his lack of PT/shots.

It would be a risk is all I'm saying. The chemistry is great… they are having a historic season, their young core is locked up minus Steph. I just think it's something you don't want to mess with. Referring to your Heat comparison they were getting up there in age and already in their primes, whereas GSW has a lot of young talent and should continue to improve.

San Antonio is a perfect example of making small tweaks here and there while staying a title contender.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. An unselfish superstar who is a great shooter being added to a great shooting team with excellent ball movement can only be a good thing. Durant can play off the ball and does not need to jack it 25 times a game to contribute.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main thing most people are missing is that the Warriors core of Steph/Klay/Dray are all locked up for the future. But they can't keep the same core intact for the next 3-4 years because of the eventual decline. Three major rotational guys, Bogut, Iguodala and Livingston are all 30 or older. In basketball terms, they're going to start an eventual down fall in play. It's inevitable unless your name is Tim Duncan.

The Warriors have to plan for the future and make moves that will help them stay on top for the years to come. Complacency is never going to be an issue with the Warriors management and front office.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they'd get worse by any means, just that it would without a doubt leave someone… likely Klay Thompson unhappy. OKC had RW-KD and Harden along with Ibaka and ended up unloading Harden in part because he wanted to get more shots up and to save $ long term.

It would be a risk is all I'm saying. The chemistry is great… they are having a historic season, their young core is locked up minus Steph. I just think it's something you don't want to mess with. Referring to your Heat comparison they were getting up there in age and already in their primes, whereas GSW has a lot of young talent and should continue to improve.

San Antonio is a perfect example of making small tweaks here and there while staying a title contender.

To be fair, OKC also had a coach who had no clue how to beat utilize the talent he had. Kerr and Curry would make it work.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif