• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Within two years we must fear

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have a really young fantastic core, but two years is an eternity in the NFL. For my 49ers, it will completely depend on how good of a replacement Tank Carradine and Marcus Lattimore turn out to be for Justin SMith and Frank Gore and how well Baalke uses his 13 picks (and I think like 5 in the first 3 rounds), in this next year's draft.

The NFL truly does stand for "Not for Long".... 3 Months ago... Baalke was a GENIUS, and the 49'ers had the best roster in the NFL...

Now... 3 weeks into the season... Baalke's drafts look pretty bad right now, and the team truly is a dumpster fire, both emotionally and on the field...

The 49'ers 2012 draft is now looking HORRIFIC... If you are going to come away with a draft with nothing but low level backups... you had a bad draft..

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL truly does stand for "Not for Long".... 3 Months ago... Baalke was a GENIUS, and the 49'ers had the best roster in the NFL...

Now... 3 weeks into the season... Baalke's drafts look pretty bad right now, and the team truly is a dumpster fire, both emotionally and on the field...

The 49'ers 2012 draft is now looking HORRIFIC... If you are going to come away with a draft with nothing but low level backups... you had a bad draft..

That's just wrong, 2011 and 2013 were good.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 was good only if you discount the fact that Aldon Smith is not with the team right now because off field issues. If they guys career goes up in flames he is a grade A bust.

And the jury is still out on Krapernick for now, he has to prove this year that he is more than smoke and mirrors. Other than those two guys, the 2011 draft wasnt so great.

2013 is just too early to tell.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's way to early in the season to be thinking like this. The 9ers haven't played well the last two weeks against playoff teams from last year, but that doesn't mean their season is over. Any 9ers fan who is jumping up an down shouting that their team has fallen apart is doing so prematurely. Any Seahawks fan basking in the glory of their fall, is also doing so prematurely. The season isn't even a quarter done, yet. There's still a lot of football to be played.

I have enjoyed being 3-0, but it hasn't been exactly perfect and is definitely way too soon to crown the Seahawks the class of the division for the next couple years. The next five games for the Seahawks are not going to be a cake walk. In fact, 5 of their next 8 games are on the road with 3 against playoff teams and one more playoff team at home.

The Seahawks are in a good position, but they've already had their "gimme" week.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's way to early in the season to be thinking like this. The 9ers haven't played well the last two weeks against playoff teams from last year, but that doesn't mean their season is over. Any 9ers fan who is jumping up an down shouting that their team has fallen apart is doing so prematurely. Any Seahawks fan basking in the glory of their fall, is also doing so prematurely. The season isn't even a quarter done, yet. There's still a lot of football to be played.

I have enjoyed being 3-0, but it hasn't been exactly perfect and is definitely way too soon to crown the Seahawks the class of the division for the next couple years. The next five games for the Seahawks are not going to be a cake walk. In fact, 5 of their next 8 games are on the road with 3 against playoff teams and one more playoff team at home.

The Seahawks are in a good position, but they've already had their "gimme" week.

:agree: So much can happen in such a short time in this league and really, we "know" very little at this point. I'm as pumped about the Seahawks as anybody but that age old adage of counting your chickens before they hatch is always at the forefront. I still think it's entirely plausible (even likely) that when the Hawks go to San Fran in December, HFA and the division will hang in the balance. And 2 years down the road? Can't even think about that. All that matters is winning right now and taking the next step toward a possible championship. We cheer and hope and whatever else but nothing is certain. Confidence is fine but arrogance will always bite you in the ass.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hawks were in the Niners position, I think it would be tough to say, yes, they can come back and win and make the playoffs. Think about it for a second.

No McDaniel
Clem out for 4 -8 weeks at rehab
Thomas with possible concussion issues
Gimpy Bobby Wagner
Lane, Thurmond and Maxwell as CBs
No Irvin coming back
No Bennett or Avril to take over for Clem

Gimpy Zach Miller
No Rice, Baldwin or Kearse
TJ at QB
Okung back and playing
Better Guards and RT
No Harvin coming back
Not as good RB backups

1-2 and got beat down at home by the Colts

This is what the Hawks would look like if in the Niners position. Now, how would you feel about this team continuing the season and having a shot at making the playoffs?

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hawks were in the Niners position, I think it would be tough to say, yes, they can come back and win and make the playoffs. Think about it for a second.

No McDaniel
Clem out for 4 -8 weeks at rehab
Thomas with possible concussion issues
Gimpy Bobby Wagner
Lane, Thurmond and Maxwell as CBs
No Irvin coming back
No Bennett or Avril to take over for Clem

Gimpy Zach Miller
No Rice, Baldwin or Kearse
TJ at QB
Okung back and playing
Better Guards and RT
No Harvin coming back
Not as good RB backups

1-2 and got beat down at home by the Colts

This is what the Hawks would look like if in the Niners position. Now, how would you feel about this team continuing the season and having a shot at making the playoffs?

TJ at QB...lol...

He is a great back up to have, no doubt, but I think it's a little premature to start considering Kap to the equivalant of an above-average backup. Very few qb's have success against Seattle's D and our entire game plan was a disaster last week. Tomorrow night will be only his 14th start in the NFL. I don't know that he's ever had this much pressure on him to perform.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ at QB...lol...

He is a great back up to have, no doubt, but I think it's a little premature to start considering Kap to the equivalant of an above-average backup. Very few qb's have success against Seattle's D and our entire game plan was a disaster last week. Tomorrow night will be only his 14th start in the NFL. I don't know that he's ever had this much pressure on him to perform.

OK, I went a little far there. Maybe I should have just said RW on a bad day, but the point is the Hawks fans are trying to give SF too much credit I think by saying, you never know, this is the NFL, any given Sunday, etc. When you have that many injuries and players out, it is really tough to compete in this league. The Niners were already starting the season with a worse secondary, worse WR corps, worse special teams, but better O and D lines. Add these injuries and I completely understand why people are freaking out. Then add in the weird change in offensive philosophy going away from power running and its a mess. To get 10 wins the Niners have to go 9-4 and even then it may be down to tiebreakers to get the wildcard. I just don't see it with the roster as it looks. I know one of the young D-Line guys is coming back from injury, so that may help a bit.

btw, I think RW was in his 13th career game in the NFL when he made a double comeback on the Bears in Chicago last season. I think Kaep has like 30+ career games in the NFL, albeit not all at starter, and 19 games he has played in.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember the days that TJax was all the rage for the Vikings. He didn't quite get the praise that Kap got over the offseason, but he never had a great team to help make a playoff run

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counting the 49ers out this season is premature. They absolutely HAVE to win tonight but even with injuries they have a very talented roster. It's scheme that has cost them these games. They have a huge offensive line and are built to run the ball. I'm just hoping the love fest with Kaepernick is over with. Run run run.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counting the 49ers out this season is premature. They absolutely HAVE to win tonight but even with injuries they have a very talented roster. It's scheme that has cost them these games. They have a huge offensive line and are built to run the ball. I'm just hoping the love fest with Kaepernick is over with. Run run run.

Tonight's game is a perfect time for the Niners to bring back the run game. They just need to take notes from the Cowboys game last week and adjust accordingly. Gore should get 20+ carries and Hunter should get some as well along with some passes in the flat or as safety valve. Kaep will be in a hostile environment again but if they establish the run and control the clock, I think they have a good shot at being in the game or winning. I'm rooting for another tie. ;)