• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

with the 4th overall pick in the 2011 entry draft....

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RNH won't be available. Neither will Landeskog. Larsson is a toss up. Would you take Hamilton over Huberdeau?

I read on the Isles fan site The Hockey News has Hamilton ranked 8th. Winger Sven Baertchi of the Portland Winterhawks is ranked 5th. I don't subsribe to the magazine anymore. They had Skinner ranked 25th last year.

me personally I would be pissed if they took hamilton over Huberdeau not that I have a problem with hamilton but I wouldnt take him top 4.I also feel far more confident in the defensemen in our system then the centers

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know everybody, this is going to be BY FAR our best chance to get a serious, serious defenseman for what I hope is a long time. We've already got the all star forwards. Two of them in fact, at least. Realistically 3 (We'll count Zajac and Elias as half each. hahaha).

We don't have any all star defensemen, and as much as we can hope Merrill and Urbom pan out, neither is there yet. You've got to imagine that Siemens, Larsson, Hamilton, or Murphy will immediately become our best defensive prospect. Frankly, bringing in that high end of a talent would be so crucial. It moves everyone down one spot in the depth chart making them even better. Imagine Volchenkov/Greene/Tallinder/Fayne/White all moving down a rung on the pairings. It just makes everyone stronger.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, I'd like to point out that a forward is definitely the sexier pick, but defense gets the job done.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'd like to point out that a forward is definitely the sexier pick, but defense gets the job done.

The Devils need a Center. They're probably going to have a choice at one of Huberdeau, Couturier or Strome.

I wouldn't have a problem taking Larsson over any of them. Hamilton or Murphy on the other hand & I'd question the decision.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put it this was if Larsson is not available and possibly if he is A true first line center would look a lot nicer to me between one or both of those all star forwards.A puck moving defenseman is a nice addition but nothing to stretch over.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c23, say both larsson and couturier are available at four who are you taking?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c23, say both larsson and couturier are available at four who are you taking?

I don't honestly know if I could make that call if anything it may be Couturier by a slight margin.and that's based on the fact that over the recent drafts I have been more impressed with the centers that were drafted top 4 than dmen.ie I would rake duchene any day of the week over hedman.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, it's completely prejudice but I don't like Euro defenseman. I feel there are a lot more Victor Hedman's than Lidstrom's in the league. I'll take the big Canadien center given that option any day. I could be way off but that's my opinion.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hedman isn't all that impressive to me. And you know what the devils defense isn't too bad during the regular season they are always close to the best in gaa. Only in the playoffs when trying to win games 2-1 does it become a problem because the margin of error is so great. I think a great center who can move the puck will do wonders on the poweplay and just with offense In general. With getting 5 pps a night u need to score on one of them atleast! Who would u rather have Hedman or duchense at this stage?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LLook at the teams still alive in the playoffs. they have great center Thornton marloue sedin kesssler. S stamkos vinny. only Boston doesn't have any legit studs but have chara

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I agree with cup I have not been impressed with hedman who was also touted a stud dman and would take duchense any day of the week.I could also say the same thing of a number of other drafts.Also like cup I don't think our d is as bad as some people think and really like the d prospects we have.Our d kept us in a lot of the games we won where as our lack of offense cost us some games.I really can't see passing up on a legitimate first line center if one is available.Don't forget when Tampa drafted hedman they already had stamkos and lecavalier which is a luxury we do not have in a division stacked at center.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ine more thing I want to say....I'm fine with having no puck moving d because that's not the devils gameplan. I'm fine with having my d play d and nothing more. what I'm not ok with is having kovalchuk and still only able to win games 2-1 with him being involved all the time it seemed. that to me is unacceptable and sure with.Parise back it will change a bit but I don't want a zubrus type player centering kovalchuk. id much rather have courtier. you can never ha e enough goals imo

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i don't want to beat a dead horse but last year we picked up 2 capable d men in volchenkov and tallendar. not allstars but decent players non the less. so would it be nice to have another Stevens? Yes but they are far and few between

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could seriously see a Couturier or Huberdeau raising the level of play of parise and kovalchuk a lot more than a puck moving dman that would either have to adjust to the north american game or take time to develope.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't want to beat a dead horse but last year we picked up 2 capable d men in volchenkov and tallendar. not allstars but decent players non the less. so would it be nice to have another Stevens? Yes but they are far and few between

A healthy volchenkov may be the closest thing we will get to a stevens.And I'll be honest at the beginning of the year I was sold on puck moving d after watching our final stretch I could really see the need for a first line center.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy volchenkov may be the closest thing we will get to a stevens.And I'll be honest at the beginning of the year I was sold on puck moving d after watching our final stretch I could really see the need for a first line center.

Which Center do you want Couturier, Huberdeau or Strome?

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JACKETS.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we take a center it better be either couturier or huberdeau.

Strome has been a ghost in the playoffs

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i'd go couturier hopkins hudberdeau