• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With AJ gone, who replaces him?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know that Bama recruited Winston, and they were willing to do cheetah-flips to get him, but that's a moot point now.

So does Bama have a decent QB coming in next season?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Sims or Luke Del Rio?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about that big kid from Texas you guys brought in a couple of years ago?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is talk that Coker from FSU could transfer to Alabama and start immediately. He will graduate from FSU this year. The problem I last heard was FSU was giving him a hard time about 1 class to prevent him from graduating, and then of course he got hurt this year.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's going to be Alec Morris. Cannon for an arm and accurate.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I counted like 6 different names how many QBs you guys have on the roster? Just asking I really have no idea.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the name that I immediately thought of.

A true Freshman, but you never know. Kid looks unbelievable.
They need to sign the kid that wore #1 also he caught 90% of the passes and some of them were impressive. Small but he looks like he could be one of those clutch possession receivers.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is talk that Coker from FSU could transfer to Alabama and start immediately. He will graduate from FSU this year. The problem I last heard was FSU was giving him a hard time about 1 class to prevent him from graduating, and then of course he got hurt this year.

Mostly rumors for now, but it could happen. TN people are saying he wants to go there. Some Bama people are saying he wants to go there. It would suck to see him leave but he is an unbelievable talent where ever he goes.

Just a question where did you hear the bold at?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember, but likely it was RBR.

Ah. I figured there or some other sec site. As long as he does not end up at UF or Miami I am cool with it. I wish him the best. If he decides to go to either one of those I hope he falls flat on his face. :lol:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen a decent one on their roster to this point. I'm going Cornwell with the hope that he turns out to be the real deal in a few years.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This discussion fits into my theory as to how Bama can slip (see no. 3 as to this thread):

1. Saban leaves ... we all know that coaching changes are the most common reason a team that is doing great suddenly doesn't do as well. Don't see that happening now ... I never did.

2. All the breaks don't go their way. I admit Bama is a great team, the best team in the land the past 4 years. But, they have had their fair share of luck break their way. 3 NCs could just as easily be zero. Luck is part of it, and Bama has had it. The Auburn game was the type of break they have been getting ... a second put back on the clock, rightfully so ... but it results in a L, not a W.

3. A QB that turns the ball over. Few teams can go 3 straight QBs that do what McCarron and McElroy have done. They just didn't make mistakes which let the talent around them overwhelm everyone else. Saban has missed on some QBs ... I believe 3 have left, and none have made it at the teams they went to. You can't always be right. And, you can have injuries the position ... did the Mc's either miss a game due to injury? See point 2.

4. I will throw out a 4th ... scheduling. I was going to say that Bama may finally get a good team from the East, only to see they get the lowly Gators at home next year. UT could finally get better, as might Arky. So, the schedule IC could get tougher and make a difference.

Be interested in the gumps' thoughts on this.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Alec Morris will be the starter, and he has the potential to be really good. He's got NFL size and a big arm, just needs to work on his decision making a little and I think he'll have it.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This discussion fits into my theory as to how Bama can slip (see no. 3 as to this thread):

1. Saban leaves ... we all know that coaching changes are the most common reason a team that is doing great suddenly doesn't do as well. Don't see that happening now ... I never did.

2. All the breaks don't go their way. I admit Bama is a great team, the best team in the land the past 4 years. But, they have had their fair share of luck break their way. 3 NCs could just as easily be zero. Luck is part of it, and Bama has had it. The Auburn game was the type of break they have been getting ... a second put back on the clock, rightfully so ... but it results in a L, not a W.

3. A QB that turns the ball over. Few teams can go 3 straight QBs that do what McCarron and McElroy have done. They just didn't make mistakes which let the talent around them overwhelm everyone else. Saban has missed on some QBs ... I believe 3 have left, and none have made it at the teams they went to. You can't always be right. And, you can have injuries the position ... did the Mc's either miss a game due to injury? See point 2.

4. I will throw out a 4th ... scheduling. I was going to say that Bama may finally get a good team from the East, only to see they get the lowly Gators at home next year. UT could finally get better, as might Arky. So, the schedule IC could get tougher and make a difference.

Be interested in the gumps' thoughts on this.

All those are possible, but we have the best coach in college football that just signed a new deal for about 8 more years. We're recruiting better than any team present or past, set to break our own Rivals record for best class in the history of their rankings...

I think those are the two most important things in sustaining a great football team.

In my opinion, the thing that could cause Bama to slip is Saban losing his touch. It happens, he's a great coach now, but with age you can lose what makes you so great. I believe he'll step down quickly after he realizes that he's doing more harm than good, just the type of guy he seems to be. Hopefully that doesn't happen, and he can finish this contract and retire with another natty or 2.