• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wish it was Bama instead of Georgia Southern

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, I felt confident WVU would be focused to play their first opponent. The players understood what was at stake. Coming off a disappointing 4-8 season… no bowl game… they had a long time to prepare themselves both physically and mentally for the challenge of facing the Crimson Tide on national TV in the first game. I was all in…

This year, WVU faces an offense in Georgia Southern unlike anything else they'll face all year… unlike anything they've faced… ever. This offense has more moving parts than any zone read offense it faced when going up against KSU or KU or TCU.

It is not that I expect an upset, it is simply a matter that preparation for this opponent won't benefit the team for the remainder of the season the same way as last year's for the Bama game.

I am not a fan of Luck's choice to put this team on the schedule. As I posted before, I am thankful WVU is facing them in game 1 when they have put 2 weeks of prep… than if it were game 2 or 3 when there would be but 1 week.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not that I expect an upset, it is simply a matter that preparation for this opponent won't benefit the team for the remainder of the season the same way as last year's for the Bama game.
I had been thinking this same thing for a while now. The team will definitely get some benefit from this game, but not what they would get overall from another more conventional opponent.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, I have a feeling that we get the win, but have to sweat it out and feel uncomfy moving forward.

On the flip if we dominate this team and blow them out early then......Ima be pretty excited and optimistic :whoo:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3