• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

wings game

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
interesting calls in that game.

i thought the kovalchuk goal shouldve counted it clearly went in before the ref blew it dead. yet that wasnt the reason for the no goal? because kovalchuk pushed the goalie in with it? i dont get that either because why not just blow the play dead once the goalie covers the puck?

that rolston call was interesting too neither ref ESP the one trailing the play had their hand up yet it was only after the tv timeout we find out its a 4 min penalty? what if zubrus scored? ( i know thats a long shot) that shot he took sums of his career!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree on both that was nothing compared tothe hacking Mckenna took against st louis when they finnally showed the overhead angle the goal definately looked good I did appreciate lemaires comment on the penalty call after

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm stuck in PA (seriously, I shouldnt go anywhere) but my friend did have the game on the TV. We played well but they outplayed us most of the game and Marty pretty much kept us in it. I think we tried to dig out before Kovy's no goal, what happened?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rolston called for a four minute high stick well after it happened,fayne puts the puck over the boards to give them 1:33 of 5 on 3, kovy goal called off for no good reason then we couldnt get the puck in their zone to pull the goalie onto have a defensive break down cause another wings goal.marty was the only thing keeping us in it tonight

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought the Devils played really well for most of the game. White not playing and having the rookie d hurt on the first goal, but it's not like Fraser (pretty sure it was him) replaced White anyway. Also, I thought Kovalchuk played pretty well. There were a few moments where I was pulling me hair with him, but he had the right idea about maintaining puck control in the Wings end. He can really get oppositions to move when he's circling down low.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Devils played really well for most of the game. White not playing and having the rookie d hurt on the first goal, but it's not like Fraser (pretty sure it was him) replaced White anyway. Also, I thought Kovalchuk played pretty well. There were a few moments where I was pulling me hair with him, but he had the right idea about maintaining puck control in the Wings end. He can really get oppositions to move when he's circling down low.

I thought kovy should have went in on goal a little further when he took that feed from zharkov but i also think kovys goal should have counted

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i understand the nhl wants to keep some control in the hands of the refs but come on all questionable calls should go upstairs IMO

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i understand the nhl wants to keep some control in the hands of the refs but come on all questionable calls should go upstairs IMO

^^^this and definately when they involve goals and outcomes of games.would also help if these rules were more defined im kinda sick of this grey area judgment call shit

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i dont get it they have the tech in place. if toronto has the ability to call to any arena to stop play to review a call i dont know why all questionable calls shouldnt go upstairs PERIOD!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just don't get how you can call a double minor penalty after the fact either. Am I the only one who didn't know a linesman could call a penalty? I've never seen one do so in person....

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how you can call a double minor penalty after the fact either. Am I the only one who didn't know a linesman could call a penalty? I've never seen one do so in person....

I did appreciate lemaires comments about that after the game first being sarcastic with his in my short career and then talking about the three wings players discussing it the officials after the puck was frozen.They really need to work on using replay properly though this is like the 6th incident we got shafted on this year

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like every single time the Devils play in Detroit, some bullshit call goes against them.