• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

win is a win

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will take it. are we great no are we good who knows do we suck no. we have no identity or leader but i will take 2-1. we are not the same team as last year but lets hope we get better irish fans.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We have 2 home games against MSU & OU coming up. We should play better at home because in sports teams always play better at home. If we are 4-1 heading into the ASU game I'll be happy

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We have 2 home games against MSU & OU coming up. We should play better at home because in sports teams always play better at home. If we are 4-1 heading into the ASU game I'll be happy

You, obviously, havent watched many Irish home games have you????

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what we are yet either. We suck more than we are good. We were really good the 4th quarter last night. I just want to see 4 quarters of good football man!

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted this to be a three loss team just like Purguy. The inability of Tommy Rees to run for first down or even extend plays hurts this offense. Given time he is pretty accurate but when pressured or moved out of his comfort zone he rarely delivers. I've said all along the kid has a lot of guts but not a ton of natural talent. A lot of the Irish fans got really pissed when I said he had little athletic ability but I sincerely give him credit for doing what he does.

The defense and defensive scheme has been disappointing. To say they're unagressive is an understatement. The coverage against backs coming out of the backfield and on screens are horrible.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Whywork. Rees has alot of limitation. Thats why its so easy for Defenses to attack us. I cant wait to have Rees gone. PLEASE let Bryant run the ball. GA3 stinks, Carlisle is ok but looks like he might fumble a little, McDonald has alot of heart but overall doesnt have much skill.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah ok .... blame Rees and his noodle arm!!! :laugh3:

How about the receivers that drop balls put right in their hands??? Oh noooo ... ignore that little aspect ... BLAME TOMMY! Yall just make me laugh. Rees, IMO, has played well over his head and any expectations that the haters had of this guy. This offense is what has kept us in games ... not the defense. Buy, hey ... keep on HATIN ...

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the hostile environment and the lackluster beginning, I thought the Irish did well. Kelly keeps them fired up. You can really tell the difference in the offense when Gholson isn't out there. But kudos to Rees, he has really improved in the past couple of years and is a much more accurate passer.

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I know I'm going to get blasted here, but this team is very similar to last year's team. We struggled in a lot of games last year but somehow managed to win (see Purdue, BYU, Boston college, Pitt). Navy, miami, and wake forrest were the only cake walks. It was either Rees saving us or the defense coming up huge. ND made a lot of mistakes last year, and honestly got a little luck along the way. It is all about expectations, we did not see last year coming. The mistakes were not as glaring because we were just winning and enjoying the unexpected ride. There were more expectations with this team, even without Everett and the seniors that left. I feel we are noticing every little thing because we did/do have more expectations, though many would say otherwise.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the offense folks, its the defense. Ress has been so much better than we thought. Sure he can't run for the first at time and does not have blazing speed, but he knows when to throw it, where to throw and makes great adjustments at the line. This def is giving up way to many yards an points.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed in the back and forth that its entirely possible that both sides of the Tommy Rees argument are speaking truths. I agree with those that say Rees' limitations are physical. He is smart, can read a defense, but cannot throw well on the run and is not mobile enough to be a running threat. That, in turn, makes our offense predictable. Its troubling when an opposing coach can say at halftime that their players were reconginzing the looks ND was giving them. In the end, talent out-played scheme, as evidenced by Daniels 82 yard romp, but the reason that play was even available was because nobody respects Rees' deep ball. Purdue sold out to stop the running game and short passes and we nearly obliged by getting almost picked off at least twice on screen passes. Yes, there were some good passes dropped, especially by Niklas, but a couple of the short passes that were dropped were actually well-covered and wouldn't have gone for anything even if caught (again Niklas' catches over the middle would have been big chunk plays, the others, not so much).

Defensively, our LBs are slow or way out of position. I think Ishaq has been all over the field and is much improved. They've been dropping Shembo into coverage too much, hes much more effective motoring down the line or pinning his ears back and going after the QB. And even if he's overly agressive some times, you gotta like Jaylon Smith's motor. I think we really need to get back to Carlo and Fox splitting time at Will and bringing along Grace as the full time Mike. Having Carlo and Fox on the field at the same time is a liability, especially on passing downs.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparison with the same point in time last year.

Last year's defense: This year's defense:
1st downs: 48 66
Yards: 866 1116

Last year's offense: This year's offense:
1st downs: 62 64
Points 83 93
Yards 1166 1353

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction. I gave this year's offense points credit for the Jackson interception return.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction. I gave this year's offense points credit for the Jackson interception return.

Are you also including Tuitt's INT for TD in Michigan game?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah ok .... blame Rees and his noodle arm!!!
giggle.gif

How about the receivers that drop balls put right in their hands??? Oh noooo ... ignore that little aspect ... BLAME TOMMY!

I am not blaming Tommy Rees for anything. I am merely pointing out his inability to run or extend plays limits the offense. I realize you may not have been directing this at me but if you were don't.