• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Win against Saints and we clinch #1 overall seed

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can beat the Saints (which I fully believe we will) then we will pretty much clinch the #1 overall seed in the NFC. With us being 11-1 and the Saints having 3 losses, we would only need to finish 2-2 the rest of the way to mathematically clinch the #1 overall seed with the tie breaker in our favor. With two home games left after the Saints, that would pretty much be a wrap. This MNF game will be hyped to no end...but it will deserve all the hype it gets. Hawks win and they pretty much clinch #1 overall seed. Saints win and they have a good shot at the #1 overall seed, although they still have tough games against the Panthers on their schedule left. This will be an epic matchup. The road to the Super Bowl goes through 206.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that both Eastern conferences blow chunks. hahaha

Anything can happen in the playoffs, like the Hawks did in 2010, but it is nice to see crappy records for the media darlings.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints game will be the most anticipated Seahawks regular season game, outside of the division games, in a long time.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints game will be the most anticipated Seahawks regular season game, outside of the division games, in a long time.

They'll have that 67 yard run in their head for sure. And if they thought the 12th man was loud during the beast quake.. I think they'll be in for a surprise this time around. :yahoo:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll have that 67 yard run in their head for sure. And if they thought the 12th man was loud during the beast quake.. I think they'll be in for a surprise this time around. :yahoo:

They also won't be missing their starting RB or have any misconception about the quality of the team they are about to play.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also won't be missing their starting RB or have any misconception about the quality of the team they are about to play.

There are currently two guys their roster right now that scares the shiet out of me. Drew Brees and lightning fast Darren Sproles.

With BB out, I'm going to have to add Graham to that list. So there are 3 guys.

During the Vikes game, we just had to contain Peterson. Next game is going to be a challenge for this defense.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are currently two guys their roster right now that scares the shiet out of me. Drew Brees and lightning fast Darren Sproles.

With BB out, I'm going to have to add Graham to that list. So there are 3 guys.

During the Vikes game, we just had to contain Peterson. Next game is going to be a challenge for this defense.

Yes, I agree. I think we will be studying the Niner film alot. Wish we had BB to put on Graham, but we don't run specific assignments too often with the exception being Sherman on Boldin for the Niner game. LBs really need to be on their assignments with Sproles and Graham. Irvin on JG until the red zone?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd be more worried about the match-up challenges that the Saints present if the Hawks only had a week to prepare for the game. Having the bye next week should give Quinn enough time to figure something out. I like the idea of Irvin on Graham. Irvin played safety in JC, which is probably one of the things that made Carroll and Quinn feel better about switching him to linebacker this year. He's got experience dropping into coverage and I don't think I've seen him do anything this year to make me think he can't handle it. Overall, I think the Seahawks have the speed to cover Sproles and the size to cover Graham, but it'll be interesting to see how they decide to go at them. Can't forget about Colston either. Whether we see Sherman or Thurmond on him, it should be a good match-up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hope the Falcons upset the Saints on Thursday. The odds of that happening are probably about 1 in 1000, but that's what I'm hoping for.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my only worry is how flat teams often are after a bye, how much rust the recently returned starters had and now have to wait two more weeks to try and get back in the groove again, and does either the offense or defense take a half off like they have so many times this year.

Specific match ups don't really worry me too much because the defense has the 12's behind them and always step up with that support and as long as we have no new injuries in the practices heading up to that game I think the Saints are in for a long day against that revamped offense.

If they double Percy then Baldwin or Tate will be one on one and RW will tear that up. Stuff the box and they play action roll out to the passing. Sit back in a zone and Lynch will light it up. If Breno and Okung can play anywhere near where they should and give Wilson protection there is no chance they stop that offense enough to take/keep a lead late. I just don't see it.

Look the Saints barely beat SF at home and really had to have a couple of good breaks go their way to get it. They are a great team with lots of dangerous weapons, but this should be the time where the Seahawks begin to pull away. Most of their struggles over the middle of this season were due to injuries and with all of them outside of Rice back the league better look out. Even if they get injured again it was huge to have all of the back ups get some quality time out there. We are in far better shape having gone through that stretch than had we not had any substantial injuries.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest Worry is Jimmy Graham this is the type of situation we would love to have brandon browner come in and be physical, when we played the patriots last season he did a solid job against Gronk. I would imagine sherman would be on Colston and Walter would be on Stills but with BB hurt idk what the gameplan might be. The Texans game owen daniels and Garrett Graham were playing all over our LBs

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only game they have put a corner on a receiver this year was Sherman on Boldin. Every other game the corners play their sides and pretty much stay on whoever is put there.

Yes, in games where the other team has big physical receivers it would be a big boost to still have Browner out there. That is where he excels. This is why I shook my head at all of the happiness over his going out injured. We need him in key games and in the playoffs.

Still, isn't our secondary overall better than SF's and didn't SF keep their passing game fairly quiet on the road against them?

I'm still just worried about being flat after the bye. That's pretty much it.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my only worry is how flat teams often are after a bye, how much rust the recently returned starters had and now have to wait two more weeks to try and get back in the groove again, and does either the offense or defense take a half off like they have so many times this year.

Specific match ups don't really worry me too much because the defense has the 12's behind them and always step up with that support and as long as we have no new injuries in the practices heading up to that game I think the Saints are in for a long day against that revamped offense.

If they double Percy then Baldwin or Tate will be one on one and RW will tear that up. Stuff the box and they play action roll out to the passing. Sit back in a zone and Lynch will light it up. If Breno and Okung can play anywhere near where they should and give Wilson protection there is no chance they stop that offense enough to take/keep a lead late. I just don't see it.

Look the Saints barely beat SF at home and really had to have a couple of good breaks go their way to get it. They are a great team with lots of dangerous weapons, but this should be the time where the Seahawks begin to pull away. Most of their struggles over the middle of this season were due to injuries and with all of them outside of Rice back the league better look out. Even if they get injured again it was huge to have all of the back ups get some quality time out there. We are in far better shape having gone through that stretch than had we not had any substantial injuries.

The mini bye we had was probably good for the team. The team came out flat against against the Rams and it's obvious that we can't afford to do that again against the Saints. It's really up to the coaches and players to keep motivated after a long layoff.

I think they'll be fine this time around, they should know what is at stake against the Saints, so that should be motivation enough. :hope:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be very disappointed if the Seahawks got off to a slow start against the Saints. For one thing, they will have had a few solid weeks of home cooking by the time this game is played. That's something they didn't have when they had a longer break sandwiched between two road games earlier this year. There shouldn't be any danger of looking past the opponent in this game because New Orleans is what stands between them and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

It's a Monday Night game, so if the opponent and the crowd and the stakes of the game weren't enough, there's the spectacle of Monday Night Football and the thought of the entire country watching the game should get them motivated not to come out flat. The Saints are the kind of team that can finish you off in a hurry if you come out flat so if none of that other stuff was enough of a motivating factor, that ought to be.

Finally, this is the first time since Carroll took over the team that the Seahawks have had a home game coming out of their bye. The last three years have been road games in Chicago, Cleveland and Miami coming out of the bye. It's kinda weird that it happened that way, but they have to take advantage of the fact that this year's post-bye game is at home.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will beat them but it might not matter, the Panthers look dangerous and I see the Saints losing one of those games.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will beat them but it might not matter, the Panthers look dangerous and I see the Saints losing one of those games.
Exactly. I've been a big Panthers fan the last few weeks. Hopefully they can take the Saints down too and make our job easier

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Panthers might be the scariest team in the NFC right now. The Saints will have a tough time holding onto their division if our guys take care of business in our house because I'm not sure NO can beat the Panthers right now the way they are playing.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sold, Carolina is legit. Those Saints and Panthers games just became the ones to watch huh?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hadn't realize the Saints play a TNF game tonight, look like both teams should be well rested for the MNF showdown. No excuses for either teams.