• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson...

CalBears

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Lynch fan so i'm a little biased. On that fumble at the 1, Wilson put the ball up on Lynch's shoulders. There was no way he could handle it. Then a couple overthrows missing first downs on those late drives. Then a fumbled snap. Everyone points to the 4th down TD, but he knew it was free play (less pressure).

He just seemed like he was puckering up toward the end. I'm pulling for the Hawks but wilson needs to get his head out.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson could lead his team to eight Super Bowl titles and POSs like you will still never respect him. It's been funny to watch you guys go from "He'll struggle against good B1G defenses" to "He just broke the passer rating record but he'll never make it to the pros" to "He was drafted in the third round but he'll never start" to "He got the starting job, but he'll be one of the worst QBs in the league" to "He had a good rookie season, but he'll struggle if the defense and running backs struggle" to "He just tore apart Atlanta when the rest of his team was asleep, but he'll still have a bad year next year" to "He had a great season, but he's stuggling at the end and will lose in the playoffs"to "He just went 16-25 with 2 drops and 3 throwaways while getting hit every play, but he handed a ball off wrong."

It's never gonna end. Russell will keep winning and you will keep hating.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson could lead his team to eight Super Bowl titles and POSs like you will still never respect him. It's been funny to watch you guys go from "He'll struggle against good B1G defenses" to "He just broke the passer rating record but he'll never make it to the pros" to "He was drafted in the third round but he'll never start" to "He got the starting job, but he'll be one of the worst QBs in the league" to "He had a good rookie season, but he'll struggle if the defense and running backs struggle" to "He just tore apart Atlanta when the rest of his team was asleep, but he'll still have a bad year next year" to "He had a great season, but he's stuggling at the end and will lose in the playoffs"to "He just went 16-25 with 2 drops and 3 throwaways while getting hit every play, but he handed a ball off wrong."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I think I may just print this out, frame it and put it on my wall.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell didn't have his best game, but he played better than he did last week and he played well enough to help get the Seahawks to the Super Bowl. I can't complain too much. It wouldn't surprise me if the nerves hit him a little bit in this game, but it's perfectly natural if they did. It's the NFC Championship game... if you're not at least a little nervous for that, you're a robot.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he gave a B/B+ performance. He had key throws, and believe it or not free plays are still plays. The 49ers have been making QB's look bad all year and putting together a solid game like he did is an accomplishment.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Lynch fan so i'm a little biased. On that fumble at the 1, Wilson put the ball up on Lynch's shoulders. There was no way he could handle it. Then a couple overthrows missing first downs on those late drives. Then a fumbled snap. Everyone points to the 4th down TD, but he knew it was free play (less pressure).

He just seemed like he was puckering up toward the end. I'm pulling for the Hawks but wilson needs to get his head out.

Dude remember who is playing against though… Your talking about a ridiculously good defense the Niners have… There front 7 is a nightmare..

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he made plays when he needed to and played a better game than kraperdick. Dude cant play in seattle.

CalBears

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe i'm misunderstood. I've never said anything about him coming into the league. Hell, I was happy for him. I like him, I don't hate him. He just seemed to miss some key throws high at the end that would have put the game away. Why can't we be critical, just a little? I didn't need the "everyones against Russ report", I get it.

CalBears

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude remember who is playing against though… Your talking about a ridiculously good defense the Niners have… There front 7 is a nightmare..

You are absolutely right. I just thought he clenched a few times there toward the end, but understandable.

CalBears

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so my post was mainly because I feel Wilson isn't criticized enough but I could be wrong. I fuggin HATE the niners so trust me, them winning would have ruined my next two weeks having to know the niners were in the Super Bowl. Go Hawks!!!!!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so my post was mainly because I feel Wilson isn't criticized enough but I could be wrong.

Isn't criticized enough? What? Did you not watch the national media the week leading to the game? His coach had to come to his defense, people questioned him so much. Even fans on this board gave him a hard time. Hell, in the pregame write up I do for every game, I listed him as a negative for the way he's been playing.

Even the stupid stats like Total QBR says that his 64% 200+ yard 0 INT game wasn't even good enough to be half as good as Kaep's game, including his 2 late game picks that sealed it for Seattle. Since the New Orleans game, all you've heard is how bad Wilson was playing.

CalBears

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't criticized enough? What? Did you not watch the national media the week leading to the game? His coach had to come to his defense, people questioned him so much. Even fans on this board gave him a hard time. Hell, in the pregame write up I do for every game, I listed him as a negative for the way he's been playing.

Even the stupid stats like Total QBR says that his 64% 200+ yard 0 INT game wasn't even good enough to be half as good as Kaep's game, including his 2 late game picks that sealed it for Seattle. Since the New Orleans game, all you've heard is how bad Wilson was playing.

As I said, I could be wrong....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QBR is just made up bullshit.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a USA Today article which supposedly is friendly to Wilson. It features this lovely paragraph:

It hardly matters that Wilson was perfectly miserable for most of the game, fumbling snaps, making bad throws and spending so much time on the ground he might as well have been a tackling dummy.

Uh, what? Again, Wilson was 16-25 yesterday. At least two of those incompletions were drops (Willson on the big hit, and Tate(?) on that one third and six). At least three others were throwaways. It might have been four or five. At minimum, he was 18-22 on target with passes. I can think of three of them off the top of my head and none were egregious. One was high and inside late in the 4th quarter to avoid a tip or pick. One was a slight overthrow of Kearse working in an insanely tight window. And one was a deep ball that he threw five yards past a covered receiver (and debatably, also a throwaway). So where were there missed throws? Hell, where were these dropped snaps (I can only remember one, and it was on Unger).

And here's a lovely Bleacher Report headline that I won't bother hitting because it doesn't deserve the page views: "Why Russell Wilson Will Be Seattle Seahawks' Downfall in the Super Bowl"

And here's a great caption from CBS's story on Seattle being San Fran:

"Seattle got (to the Super Bowl) despite their offense as of late. Russell Wilson made some critical mistakes on Sunday and he struggled down the stretch this season. He hasn't put up big numbers and he hasn't been dynamite from the pocket."

I mean, has an athlete ever been as irrationally and publicly criticized as Russell Wilson? To this day, you see articles acting shocked that Wilson made the Super Bowl before Luck. These are supposedly nice stories, but the message is clear: It is stunning that Wilson is playing well. And that message is stunning in itself because Wilson has ALWAYS played well. He was debataby the best high school player in America. He had a very strong argument as the best player in college football in 2011. He was as good as any rookie last year. So, why again, is it shocking?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a USA Today article which supposedly is friendly to Wilson. It features this lovely paragraph:

Uh, what? Again, Wilson was 16-25 yesterday. At least two of those incompletions were drops (Willson on the big hit, and Tate(?) on that one third and six). At least three others were throwaways. It might have been four or five. At minimum, he was 18-22 on target with passes. I can think of three of them off the top of my head and none were egregious. One was high and inside late in the 4th quarter to avoid a tip or pick. One was a slight overthrow of Kearse working in an insanely tight window. And one was a deep ball that he threw five yards past a covered receiver (and debatably, also a throwaway). So where were there missed throws? Hell, where were these dropped snaps (I can only remember one, and it was on Unger).

And here's a lovely Bleacher Report headline that I won't bother hitting because it doesn't deserve the page views: "Why Russell Wilson Will Be Seattle Seahawks' Downfall in the Super Bowl"

And here's a great caption from CBS's story on Seattle being San Fran:

I mean, has an athlete ever been as irrationally and publicly criticized as Russell Wilson? To this day, you see articles acting shocked that Wilson made the Super Bowl before Luck. These are supposedly nice stories, but the message is clear: It is stunning that Wilson is playing well. And that message is stunning in itself because Wilson has ALWAYS played well. He was debataby the best high school player in America. He had a very strong argument as the best player in college football in 2011. He was as good as any rookie last year. So, why again, is it shocking?

Because he's short.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Smart. The media loves big touchdown passes. They love Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. They don't care for 3 and outs and good punt coverage because field position does not garner eyeballs on highlight reels. They don't care about running unless a play is broken wide open, so showing consistent 4 and 5 yard runs is boring to them.

But, this is why teams built this way are brilliant. Like Moneyball, taking advantage of softness in the market for certain kinds of players. And Carroll has found the right kinds of these players who are unselfish and are team oriented people. It is all so amazing, but the media will never tell this story. That is why we are all relying on William Cornell to tell this story in his Rain City Redemption videos. That is why I have watched each of them multiple times, and key parts of them 10-20 times at least. A great story. I hope we can complete the story this year against the best offense in the league, but if we don't, I believe we will have multiple shots over the next decade.