• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will WVU get a quality road win today?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say no…

Sadly, I don't like what I'm seeing from this team the past couple of weeks. Is it a mid-season slump? Are there injuries and fatigue factoring into their game?

WVU has been committing too many TO's the past few games. These empty possessions have a huge impact on a team struggling to make a basket in the first place.

Something is going on with Wanny. A lot of concerns with his game and leadership right now. But, the guy is not the same player we saw and enjoyed watching play last year.

I am expecting another blow out loss today… and more comments from Huggy saying his kids aren't spending more time in the gym… aren't focused… aren't playing hard every possession… not giving good effort.. not playing for the coal miners in WV…

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing my faith, again, in Huggy. Is he throwing kids under the bus or stating facts? While I understand that this is a young team, their BB IQ should be higher. Too many unnecessary fouls during the game. They should be in better position during the press and on D. It appears that they can't anticipate where the next pass is going in order to be in a good defensive position.

It amazes me how many seasons we say how poor of a shooting team we have, and yet, it seems to continue every season. I still say Huggy needs a big man that can run the floor. Whatever happened to those physical players, like Kenyon Martin, that I thought he would bring here?

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been partial to Huggs because we both know the same people. I know the kind of person Huggs is and he is not without fault. He has a way about him, be it right or wrong, that will always leave a certain amount of doubt. One thing I can tell you, he cares about his players. What may seem like a comment of "throwing his players under the bus" is simply his way of calling out players in order to show them accountability. You have to be accountable for your actions on the basketball floor if you are going to be a consistent winner. Let's face it, the facts are glaring, this is not the most talented basketball team. Over all, they are small and lack size at every position short of Devon Williams spot. Dev makes up for that in intelligence (or lack of). So with 19 wins under your belt at this point, how can you be displeased with the coaching performance? We all knew the conference schedule was going to bring pain and losses. The goal from the first tip off, in the first Exhibition game, was to get to the NCAA tourney. That is still attainable but it will take a tremendous amount of motivation and prep to get us there--even with 19 wins. So I really think it is motivation and accountability that Hugg's comments relate to and that is what you need if you are going to survive this brutal stretch in the schedule and win some of these games.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I understand why he has to hold kid's accountable, I have never been a fan of how Huggs does so publically. Make this a private issue. Make kids run the treadmill... make kid ride the pine. I guess that can't happen these days as college players get to sit their ass on a cushioned seat... but make them sit their ass anyways.

This is a young team. It is not a team without flaws. But, just as each player is accountable for their execution of play, so is the coaching staff.

Talking to the media about his players has failed to get a positive result in the past. Why would he expect a different result this time?

Find a way to motivate your kids to play their hearts out. I haven't seen this out of this team recently...

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say yes I believe WVU gets payback today and shouldn't of lost the 1st time

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I understand why he has to hold kid's accountable, I have never been a fan of how Huggs does so publically. Make this a private issue. Make kids run the treadmill... make kid ride the pine. I guess that can't happen these days as college players get to sit their ass on a cushioned seat... but make them sit their ass anyways.

This is a young team. It is not a team without flaws. But, just as each player is accountable for their execution of play, so is the coaching staff.

Talking to the media about his players has failed to get a positive result in the past. Why would he expect a different result this time?

Find a way to motivate your kids to play their hearts out. I haven't seen this out of this team recently...
I am also at a loss, i feel for coaches today, you cant get in their faces anymore, you cant hardly make them stay after practice and run laps or steps due to ncaa time limits. Fear is a great motivator, yet coaches have little to scare the kids with today, being called out in public is one weapon they still have, right or wrong. This team is very young, and is learning slowly how to play for Huggins, the schedule is very backloaded, so some losses down the stretch was expected.
Shooting has always been a weakness in Huggins teams, he recruits first for defense, he wins with those kids, so i cant give him too much grief.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way.

WTF is huggs doing? ISU is crushing our press yet we are still pressing. Christ this o is bad (expected) but this D is horrible today. Their transition O is killing us.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I had a big ole fail with my last post. Darn proud of our boys today! Darn glad I was wrong.