• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Wisky continue their dominance of tBIG?

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love me some Wisky football. But isn't the bigger question...will they show up if they do continue to win the B1G to the Rose Bowl?

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, whenever I need a good laugh I simply read Brasky's posts. :pound:
This isn't the mid-90's anymore (in which young Brasky was still shitting in his Huggies at the time), nobody fears Nebraska.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love me some Wisky football. But isn't the bigger question...will they show up if they do continue to win the B1G to the Rose Bowl?

I don't know if this is the correct phrase to use here...seeing that we played in 3 games (in which we were the underdog) that went down to the wire. "win" would be better imo. I blame 1.5 of those losses on our former fat coach lol.

I know I'm being petty ha

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, although isn't NW gonna be in their division? I really think Fitzgerald has something going on there. I wouldn't be shocked if they made their way into a CCG or 2 over the next several years as long as he stays there. You're right though, anything can happen in a 1-game scenario. It's all about who shows up.

Fitzgerald is scary. I just don't see Northwestern putting together consistent top 3 B1G teams. Their academic requirements are even tighter than ours. Stanford has a bigger in state population, and a more exotic destination.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin is going to take a back seat to Michigan and OSU in the near future.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was merely Wisconsin falling asleep. They were dominating that game until about midway through the 3rd. Wisky made sure not to make that same mistake twice.

One team improved.

The other got blown out on the biggest of the B1G stages on a neutral field.

That's all that matters.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin is going to take a back seat to Michigan and OSU in the near future.

Those days are gone. Everyone thought we would go away before. No program can avoid slumps, but if you think this program is on the way down rather than up, you're in for yet another unpleasant surprise.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those days are gone. Everyone thought we would go away before. No program can avoid slumps, but if you think this program is on the way down rather than up, you're in for yet another unpleasant surprise.

:nod:

The Big is essentially going to have a playoff..

Their is rumblings of Nebraska vs Wisconsin being moved to black friday, or atleast the last game of the year.

Nebraska vs Wisconin
Ohio State vs Michigan

Those two games on the last week of the year will likely more often than not set the stage for the B1G title game.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real here....

Wisconsin finished 3rd in their division last year and got to the Big 10 title game by default due to the two teams ahead of them being on probation

not to mention they also lost to both said teams that were ahead of them

going 4-4 in conference play and getting to the title game by default is hardly "dominance"

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the 3-time defending B1G Champion their due. 2010 Michigan State is the only team to beat them by 2 scores(10 pts). All their other losses the past 3 seasons were OT and 1-possession games. They're not going away.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saying that Nebraska is not a threat to Wisconsin is absurd. over the last 2 years, the records are NU 12-5, Wisky 12-6, with Wisconsin holding the lead in the series at 2-1. Wisconsin fans saying Nebraska is not relevant anymore is pretty hilarious, because the only thing that puts them ahead since NU has been in the B1G is the conference championships. I would think with their Rose Bowl record Wisky fans would be more understanding of not being able to "finish".

No, it is not the 90's. Nebraska is still recovering from the team's worst stretch in 50 years. a program with the tradition and resources that NU has won't stay down forever.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. I love how people only talk about last year. How good was Ohio State really? We had big problems that weren't resolved yet, and what was the score??

Dominance? No. But whatever you want to call the last 3 years... It ain't goin away as easy as you think.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. I love how people only talk about last year. How good was Ohio State really? We had big problems that weren't resolved yet, and what was the score??

Dominance? No. But whatever you want to call the last 3 years... It ain't goin away as easy as you think.

good enough to go 12-0.....

Wisconsin was "good" enough to go .500 in conference play

speaking of "problems" we could rewind to 2 years ago where Russel Wilson and Wisconsin lost to Ohio State's worst team in about 20 years

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin is generally competent, and competent wins when almost everyone else in the conference sucks. They are a fringe top 25 team in a very down conference. If the traditional powers all get their acts together, it'll be over. The one thing the Badgers have done well since Alvarez showed up is stick to a specific brand of football and do it pretty well while the talent level of what 25 years ago was probably the best conference in the country has steadily degraded to ACC level. Or worse.

They may be fairly well equipped for prolonged success just because they've got a plan when all of their peers are degrading due to the shift in talent production to the south.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 strait titles and looking for a 4th...

Bilemma bolted for greener pastures in tSEC, but I've seen some BIG fans say they'll be even better because of him leaving.

What 3 straight. Ohio State was undefeated last year and beat Wisconsin in the regular season. You won't even get close this year.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What 3 straight. Ohio State was undefeated last year and beat Wisconsin in the regular season. You won't even get close this year.

Beat a backup UW QB, in a down year, in overtime.

Wisconsin played 2 more games than Ohio State, got 25+ extra practices, and returns 84% of their letterwinners. If you think they won't be drastically improved, you're crazy.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. I love it. A Minnesota fan calls us "competent." I love how some people claim to love college football but can't respect the evolution of a season or a team. This is why we all wanted a playoff.

Now. Nebraska fans deserve to expect their program to win the conference. It is highly likely to happen. Personally I don't think it's happening soon, but I'm realistic enough to understand that they can still recruit out west in Tejas and Cali more effectively than any other B10 West team.

But all of you idiots downplaying Wisconsin because of a game here, a game there, or last seasons growing pains really should take a closer look at CFB history. Bad teams show up sometimes. Talented teams with inexperience can catch onto a gameplan and surprise someone at home. Mistakes will bite you in the ass.

But when you trounce half the teams in your conference for three years, win some big ones, and go 15 rounds with some the undisputed top teams in the country, you're doing something right.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat a backup UW QB, in a down year, in overtime.

Wisconsin played 2 more games than Ohio State, got 25+ extra practices, and returns 84% of their letterwinners. If you think they won't be drastically improved, you're crazy.

Ohio State was in their first year of a new system....and did quite well for the most part. It would be stupid not to expect them to come out improved as well, especially with Braxton running the show.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State was in their first year of a new system....and did quite well for the most part. It would be stupid not to expect them to come out improved as well, especially with Braxton running the show.

So was Wisconsin, actually. Do your homework. The offense was different, and there was serious turmoil on the line.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. I love it. A Minnesota fan calls us "competent." I love how some people claim to love college football but can't respect the evolution of a season or a team. This is why we all wanted a playoff.

Now. Nebraska fans deserve to expect their program to win the conference. It is highly likely to happen. Personally I don't think it's happening soon, but I'm realistic enough to understand that they can still recruit out west in Tejas and Cali more effectively than any other B10 West team.

But all of you idiots downplaying Wisconsin because of a game here, a game there, or last seasons growing pains really should take a closer look at CFB history. Bad teams show up sometimes. Talented teams with inexperience can catch onto a gameplan and surprise someone at home. Mistakes will bite you in the ass.

But when you trounce half the teams in your conference for three years, win some big ones, and go 15 rounds with some the undisputed top teams in the country, you're doing something right.

You don't want a playoff. It will be difficult for you to accept, I suspect, that Wisconsin would be the 5th or 6th best team in 3 of the other conferences.

And I'm not a Gopher fan.