• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Wisky continue their dominance of tBIG?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the OP, since the NCAA is done having their way with OSU, yes Wisconsin's reign over the B1G is done. That said, I wouldn't at all be shocked if Wisconsin ended up going to their 4th straight Rose. If OSU goes to the NCG, I could see Wisconsin being 11-1 or 10-2, which could definitely be good enough to earn them an at-large.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the OP, since the NCAA is done having their way with OSU, yes Wisconsin's reign over the B1G is done. That said, I wouldn't at all be shocked if Wisconsin ended up going to their 4th straight Rose. If OSU goes to the NCG, I could see Wisconsin being 11-1 or 10-2, which could definitely be good enough to earn them an at-large.

The benefit Wisconsin will have moving forward is that they'll really only have to be better than Nebraska to get to the big ten title game. Assuming their new HC can keep them playing at the same level, they should at least make it to the title game 5/10 years. At that point, who knows what can happen. In those one game eliminations it's really a flip of the coin.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska isn't even a threat to us imo...they're a sorry excuse for an elite college program that hasn't done anything worth while in what, 15 years?

Great thread btw Barb.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The benefit Wisconsin will have moving forward is that they'll really only have to be better than Nebraska to get to the big ten title game. Assuming their new HC can keep them playing at the same level, they should at least make it to the title game 5/10 years. At that point, who knows what can happen. In those one game eliminations it's really a flip of the coin.

Good point, although isn't NW gonna be in their division? I really think Fitzgerald has something going on there. I wouldn't be shocked if they made their way into a CCG or 2 over the next several years as long as he stays there. You're right though, anything can happen in a 1-game scenario. It's all about who shows up.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska isn't even a threat to us imo...they're a sorry excuse for an elite college program that hasn't done anything worth while in what, 15 years?

Great thread btw Barb.

Didn't they make a BCS game in the last decade? I know they got curbstomped by Miami the year before we beat them, so that was 2001-2002. That was only 12 years ago :yahoo:

Also, weren't you an ESPN dude? MV Bob made this exact same thread 3-4 times a week there.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they make a BCS game in the last decade? I know they got curbstomped by Miami the year before we beat them, so that was 2001-2002. That was only 12 years ago :yahoo:

Also, weren't you an ESPN dude? MV Bob made this exact same thread 3-4 times a week there.

Me? Well yeah....

Or are you referring to the OP? He was jamaicanbobbsledder/tigerbob AkA Barb over there....and yes, this was a weekly thread hah....guess Barb likes to remind Ohioans who the reigning king of the B1G is.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that the Wisconsin-Nebraska thread is one of the best of the year. Both fanbases have insane homerism and pride in them. Both fanbases on here wear their hearts on their sleeve and one is due for a blistering meltdown by the end.

They both like to drink a lot as well.

That is can't miss reading!

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that the Wisconsin-Nebraska thread is one of the best of the year. Both fanbases have insane homerism and pride in them. Both fanbases on here wear their hearts on their sleeve and one is due for a blistering meltdown by the end.

It seems like Wisconsin's are the more level-headed. Some of the UNL fans on here seem to think it's still 1995. I'm glad I'll be here during football season and not the WWL. Damn that shit got old.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, although isn't NW gonna be in their division? I really think Fitzgerald has something going on there. I wouldn't be shocked if they made their way into a CCG or 2 over the next several years as long as he stays there. You're right though, anything can happen in a 1-game scenario. It's all about who shows up.

I guess it's possible that Northwestern gets a few here or there. But last year was the first time Fitzgerald broke 10 wins at Northwestern. I think Northwestern will continue to be good enough to knock teams off but won't be good enough to win the division but maybe 1 time every decade.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great thread btw Barb.

Um...didn't they beat you last year?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's possible that Northwestern gets a few here or there. But last year was the first time Fitzgerald broke 10 wins at Northwestern. I think Northwestern will continue to be good enough to knock teams off but won't be good enough to win the division but maybe 1 time every decade.

True, but that's also only the 2nd time it's ever happened. He got thrown into the fire his first year, taking over in like July before the season started when Randy Walker died. You take out that first year and he's averaging almost 8 wins a season, and he's just recently started bringing in decent recruits. I'm interested in seeing what Kyle Prater does this season. He has a ton of talent but was battling injuries last year. They're a fun team to watch and I definitely can't wait til we play them this year.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate being the last post on a page! :(

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...didn't they beat you last year?

That game was merely Wisconsin falling asleep. They were dominating that game until about midway through the 3rd. Wisky made sure not to make that same mistake twice.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was merely Wisconsin falling asleep. They were dominating that game until about midway through the 3rd. Wisky made sure not to make that same mistake twice.

Yeah, we really shit the bed in that one...

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks Nebraska won't return to relevance is dumber than the people who thought Alabama would never return to relevance...

Or that Notre Dame would never return to relevance.....

Or that Oklahoma would never return when they had their slump...

The fact is- Nebraska has been in a funk for 11 years...

They have won 10 games 4 seasons
They have won 9 games 3 seasons
They've had 1 losing season
They are 0-4 in Conference Championships in that time frame
2006: Oklahoma 21 Nebraska 7
2009: Texas 13 Nebraska 12
2010: Oklahaoma 23 Nebraska 20
2011: Wisonsin 70 Nebraska 31

How's your teams resume in their worst 11 year run in the last 80 years???????

Because Nebraska isn't that far off.... Pelini has some more growing up to do, he losses his team every now and then, Washington in 2010, Wisoconsin in 2012 BIG CCG,

But if you honestly think Wisconsin or anyone else is going to run the West..... You are out of your god damn mind....

B1G West runs through Lincoln- Get used to it.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks Nebraska won't return to relevance is dumber than the people who thought Alabama would never return to relevance...

Or that Notre Dame would never return to relevance.....

Or that Oklahoma would never return when they had their slump...

The fact is- Nebraska has been in a funk for 11 years...

They have won 10 games 4 seasons
They have won 9 games 3 seasons
They've had 1 losing season
They are 0-4 in Conference Championships in that time frame
2006: Oklahoma 21 Nebraska 7
2009: Texas 13 Nebraska 12
2010: Oklahaoma 23 Nebraska 20
2011: Wisonsin 70 Nebraska 31

How's your teams resume in their worst 11 year run in the last 80 years???????

Because Nebraska isn't that far off.... Pelini has some more growing up to do, he losses his team every now and then, Washington in 2010, Wisoconsin in 2012 BIG CCG,

But if you honestly think Wisconsin or anyone else is going to run the West..... You are out of your god damn mind....

B1G West runs through Lincoln- Get used to it.

:lol: :laugh3: