• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will this be the 2nd straight time a Boise State game is cancelled?

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurricane Dorian is projected to hit the Jacksonville area at roughly 8 p.m. Saturday (according to the latest estimates today). That's roughly 1 hour after the Boise State vs. Florida State game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. Eastern Time. Dorian is now a class 3 hurricane with winds of up to 115 mph.

I think the ONLY way they could play this game is if they start it 1 day earlier on Friday. And even if they do that the weather is not going to be idyllic for playing football I would imagine.

UPDATED: Hurricane Dorian could be over Volusia/Flagler coast as a Category 3 Monday

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State will be making an announcement today (Thursday) at 10 a.m. EST (8 a.m. MT) regarding whether or not the game - IN JACKSONVILLE - will be moved to Friday night or not. Boise State will be flying to Jacksonville this afternoon (Thursday).

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However there is now a possibility that the game could be moved to Tallahassee - to avoid Dorian. That IS being discussed as a matter of fact. Florida State was not planning to travel to Jacksonville until Friday (tomorrow) and Boise State could travel to Tallahassee on Friday (arriving in Jacksonville late Thursday). Tallahassee is located 165 miles due West of Tallahassee and would be outside of the biggest impact area of hurricane Dorian.

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game has indeed been moved to Florida State's home stadium in Tallahassee (Doak Walker Stadium) because of Hurricane Dorian. And the start time has been moved from 7 p.m. ET to 12 noon ET. Or from 5 p.m. MT to 10 a.m. MT. The game will be played on Saturday tho but will no longer be on ESPN. It will now be televised on ESPN News.

Saturday Football Update - Boise State University Athletics

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game has indeed been moved to Florida State's home stadium in Tallahassee (Doak Walker Stadium) because of Hurricane Dorian. And the start time has been moved from 7 p.m. ET to 12 noon ET. Or from 5 p.m. MT to 10 a.m. MT. The game will be played on Saturday tho but will no longer be on ESPN. It will now be televised on ESPN News.

Saturday Football Update - Boise State University Athletics

I work with an FSU grad, i told him Boise state gonna whoop dat ass :lol:

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work with an FSU grad, i told him Boise state gonna whoop dat ass :lol:

Hope you are right, we don’t really know anything about our QB and nothing about our defensive coordinator.