• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Nuggets return to the Playoffs without Iguodala?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely going to be an uphill battle, but the way I see it, the Western Conference has never been more wide-open. If the team can just get into the Playoffs, I think anything is possible. The logical decision(s) would be to replace Gallo and Iggy in the starting lineup with Chandler and Fournier. The Nuggets remain the deepest team in the NBA, but as always lack that go-to-guy in the clutch, even when Gallo and Iggy were both in the lineup.

My projected rotation:

Center: McGee/Hickson/Mozgov
Power Forward: Faried/Arthur/Randolph
Small Forward: Chandler/Hamilton/Q. Miller (Gallinari will miss the start of season)
Shooting Guard: Fournier/A. Miller/Foye
Point Guard: Lawson/A. Miller/Robinson

Robinson and Andre Miller are playing on deals that both expire by 2015, and will likely serve as placeholders until this year's draft pick, Erick Green, is ready to come over.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The outlook for this year seems very uncertain. Iggy was probably our best all-around player most of last year, despite his inconsistency shooting the ball. Seems to me that our best hope is that one or more of our young players makes a giant leap forward. Hope the coaching change helps, but I find it a little difficult to be too enthused about what seems to me a disappointing offseason. We'll see.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Shaw was a big factor in the Pacers' climb to contention the last couple years and is an upgrade over Karl. His presence should keep the Nuggets a Playoff team in my opinion.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post... I really don't care about the Nugs and have plenty to worry about with my guys, but I'm just saying, this is a thread that people are crying for yet don't participate...

That said, I'm interested in seeing how they go about things this year... The addition of Nate tells me he will be the primary backup at PG... To be honest I don't get their signings... JJ Hickson, Foye and Nate... Don't see where they help... I don't think these guys get to the playoffs... Just my opinion...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*when I say interested, I mean like I'm interested in going to Montana or Ohio... It's not on my list but if I somehow ended up visiting I'd look around...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my doubts even though I like Brian Shaw, he has never been a head coach and has a lot to learn. The Thuggets lost a good coach besides what's his name. I think we have to wait and see, but I don't think they make the playoffs until Shaw implements his system and sees what changes need to be made to win and I think that could take one or two seasons. Then we have to see if he gets fired before they lose patience

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give away a couple of my fantasy sleepers - Chandler and Fournier.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Denver fights for one of the lower playoff seeds. I think a number of teams will be fighting for those lower playoff seeds and it's very possible Denver doesn't make it. There are definitely questions marks with the loss of Iggy and a new head coach in Shaw. I'm pulling for Shaw, but this is his first opportunity as a head coach.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver will squeak in. B will make an excellent coach. I have always liked Karl but lets face it he basically conned Denver for the last couple of years. His style of play no longer translates to success in the NBA playoffs.