• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Nebraska (3-4) Become Bowl Eligible In 2017?

Will Nebraska Become Bowl Eligible in 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated

Nebraska (4-5) - @ Minnesota, @ Penn St, Iowa

Other potential (5-7) teams ahead of Nebraska in APR.
That's IF there are not enough 6 win teams to fill all of the slots.

Kent St (2-7). Need 3 more wins.
Illinois (2-7). Need 3 more wins.

Indiana (3-6). Need 2 more wins.
Florida (3-5). Need 2 more wins.
Buffalo (3-6). Need 2 more wins.

Middle Tennessee (4-5).
Vanderbilt (4-5).
Air Force (4-5).
Maryland (4-5).
tejas (4-5).
Minnesota (4-5)
Georgia Tech (4-4)
Duke (4-5)

Boston College (5-4)
Navy (5-3)
Louisville (5-4)
Utah (5-4)
California (5-5)

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bowling. The fan base won't even buy tickets now, even if the bowl game was played in Omaha at some high school stadium.

This coaching staff is done and knows it. The players know it. The recruits know it, and the ex-recruits know it.

Nebraska goes 4-8. Which is what I predicted in Feb 2017, before I started drinking too much koolaid.(not to mention some angry husker fan(s) on this board about my prediction)

Mike Riley ends up

1-2 vs Fitzgerald
0-3 vs Chryst
0-3 vs Ferentz
2-1 vs Purdue
2-1 vs Illinois
2-1 vs Minnesota(0-1 vs Fleck)

Good to Good-Mediocre coaches are better than Mike Riley. Not one of the B1G West coaches are elite or good-elite.

Mike Riley, who is bad-mediocre, is better than bad coaches.

Overall, 7-11 in the B1G West Division.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more wins this season, the process will start maybe before Iowa? If Frost balks, then what??

If he comes need to give him 5+ years to turn this bloody abortion around, The team is loaded with MAC talent

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more wins this season, the process will start maybe before Iowa? If Frost balks, then what??

If he comes need to give him 5+ years to turn this bloody abortion around, The team is loaded with MAC talent

I agree. Frost is guaranteed five years. If Frost is to tank it at Nebraska, he has to tank it the first two years, then show improvement.

Frost has coordinators that seem to be good at what they do. Frost has an eye for up and coming coaching talent.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be a new corch next year for sure.

Jest don't believe it will be Scotty. Wish it was him, but don't see it happening.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be a new corch next year for sure.

Jest don't believe it will be Scotty. Wish it was him, but don't see it happening.
The HC i dont find nearly as important as his assistants. The HC for the most part sets the direction he wants to see things go, style of offense defense, r/p ratio, and excellence he demands from players/coaches beneath him.

We need to get a Good/Great HC who can bring with him Phenomenal Assistants top to bottom HC/OC and down the list! Strength and Conditioning needs to be stressed.

Though the NW game i think was the least amount of nebraska players on the ground with injuries i have seen all season

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me honestly feels bad for Mike Riley.

It's not his fault that he was offered a job like this. Shit he left Oregon State where he had more talent to work with than he has right now at Nebraska.

It just makes it worse that his decision making is no bueno. But the old boy truly did want to bring Nebraska back. He just isn't good enough and doesn't have near enough to work with here.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not his fault that he was offered a job like this. Shit he left Oregon State where he had more talent to work with than he has right now at Nebraska.

It just makes it worse that his decision making is no bueno. But the old boy truly did want to bring Nebraska back. He just isn't good enough and doesn't have near enough to work with here.

I don't believe the bolded. I"m not saying Nebraska has great talent, but it is better than Oregon St.

Nebraska is losing because they can't do anything right with any consistency.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

None of me feels bad for Mike Riley.

He has been paid $3,000,000 annually for three years, and will be getting a nice buyout to ride off into the sunset. The only reason I can see why Riley got the job was because he was the anti-Pelini. Eichoke just wanted someone that was not going to tell him he is a shithead. Eichoke's ego is very fragile, but then, maybe he was trying to cover up some family skeleton's in the closet and did not want to deal with an anti-Riley type coach. BTW, I was very much in favor of getting rid of the anti-Riley coach, he wanted to be fired.

Riley had two complete years plus a little to prepare for this year. It was no secret that 2017 would be tough.

We all looked at the roster for 2015 and 2016 and saw a whole bunch of anti-Riley recruits on them and knew they were graduating or using up their eligibility.

The idea is to coach up players in that two plus year time frame. We see what the coaching up has been.

Bring in a transfer QB with a history of throwing lots of interceptions. Have a shitty O line. Bring in a shitty defensive coach, then fire that one, and bring in another shitty defensive coach that seems to be possibly insane based upon his post game press conference.

Coach up some shitty defense. Have zero depth at tight end and have no clue who the starter is in 2017. Only one competent receiver back, who else was stepping in? Who had any idea who the running back was. Linebackers? zero depth at d back. That is the entire team except for special teams.

The punter is the only position that has been coached up and improved. Drew Brown, Jordan Ober, and Zach Darlington are their own coaches. Now, in 2018 Nebraska gets a new kicker. Guess what if this coaching staff stays on? Oh crap.

We have all seen the bonehead coaching decisions. Nebraska has a 7 point lead, 1st and 10 at the Northwestern 19 late in the 4th quarter with Drew Brown as the FG kicker. By golly, we have Turnover Lee who has already thrown two picks on the day, why not try and throw some more? Who cares about interceptions? Or incomplete passes stopping the clock? That is the type of coaching we saw in 2015 and repeatedly have seen in 2017.

Good riddance.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of me feels bad for Mike Riley.

He has been paid $3,000,000 annually for three years, and will be getting a nice buyout to ride off into the sunset. The only reason I can see why Riley got the job was because he was the anti-Pelini. Eichoke just wanted someone that was not going to tell him he is a shithead. Eichoke's ego is very fragile, but then, maybe he was trying to cover up some family skeleton's in the closet and did not want to deal with an anti-Riley type coach. BTW, I was very much in favor of getting rid of the anti-Riley coach, he wanted to be fired.

Riley had two complete years plus a little to prepare for this year. It was no secret that 2017 would be tough.

We all looked at the roster for 2015 and 2016 and saw a whole bunch of anti-Riley recruits on them and knew they were graduating or using up their eligibility.

The idea is to coach up players in that two plus year time frame. We see what the coaching up has been.

Bring in a transfer QB with a history of throwing lots of interceptions. Have a shitty O line. Bring in a shitty defensive coach, then fire that one, and bring in another shitty defensive coach that seems to be possibly insane based upon his post game press conference.

Coach up some shitty defense. Have zero depth at tight end and have no clue who the starter is in 2017. Only one competent receiver back, who else was stepping in? Who had any idea who the running back was. Linebackers? zero depth at d back. That is the entire team except for special teams.

The punter is the only position that has been coached up and improved. Drew Brown, Jordan Ober, and Zach Darlington are their own coaches. Now, in 2018 Nebraska gets a new kicker. Guess what if this coaching staff stays on? Oh crap.

We have all seen the bonehead coaching decisions. Nebraska has a 7 point lead, 1st and 10 at the Northwestern 19 late in the 4th quarter with Drew Brown as the FG kicker. By golly, we have Turnover Lee who has already thrown two picks on the day, why not try and throw some more? Who cares about interceptions? Or incomplete passes stopping the clock? That is the type of coaching we saw in 2015 and repeatedly have seen in 2017.

Good riddance.

Bretty sure money isn't an issue for Mike Riley and that 3 million isn't going to make this feel any better for him.

He isn't a dickface like Bo was, so I do feel bad for him. He actually cares about the fanbase and he is worn out. I say good riddance as well because I know he's not the answer, but I hate seeing a guy run down like he is.

Never a good feeling being the one everyone hates. That money is pennies to him.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic.... As it stands...

There are 40 bowl games, therefore 80 teams.

50 teams have already qualified with 6 or more wins.

Of the 30 remaining slots there are 21 teams with 5 wins. (71 of 80)
Of those 21 teams 5 have a better APR than Nebraska.

So a guaranteed 55 teams ahead of Nebraska if Nebraska finds a 5th win.

There are eight 4 win teams (looking for their 5th) ahead of Nebraska in APR.

Regardless, there are still 25 bowl slots available.

Proverbial: So you're saying there's a chance gif.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bowl eligible.PNG

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated

Nebraska (4-6) - @ Penn St, Iowa

Other potential (5-7) teams ahead of Nebraska in APR.
That's IF there are not enough 6 win teams to fill all of the slots.

Florida (3-6). Need 2 more wins.

Duke (4-6).
Indiana (4-6).
Buffalo (4-6).
Vanderbilt (4-6).
Air Force (4-6).
Maryland (4-6).

Middle Tennessee (5-5).
tejas (5-5).
Minnesota (5-5).
Georgia Tech (5-4).
Boston College (5-5).
Utah (5-5).
California (5-5).

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If counted correctly:

59 teams are bowl eligible
21 teams have 5 wins

Didn’t look past that

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If counted correctly:

59 teams are bowl eligible
21 teams have 5 wins

Didn’t look past that

Those 21 teams aren't guaranteed a 6th win though. If there are open slots and 5 win teams are taken, they will likely come from the list above.
My list is not in numerical order though. I will do that after next week.