• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Lebron ever surpass Bird at the SF GOAT?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Jordan owned Ehlo.

The only reason Ehlo guarded him was because the Cavs had no one to else match up with him. And Ehlo played the same position. If they had somebody who could have remotely contained MJ, they would have beaten the Bulls. Price, Nance, Daugherty and WIlliams were really good. Ehlo was a solid overall player but not good enough.

In fact, if the Cavs has simply kept Ron Harper instead of trading him to the Clips for Danny ferry in 1989, they would have had everything they needed to beat the Bulls and win championships. Ehlo would have been their 6th man instead of the one tasked with guarding MJ for 35 minutes and Harper had the athleticism to provide much more resistance and make Jordan work on D.

And when I say they would have beaten the Bulls, I mean like once or twice, not every year.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Bird was clutch and he didn't jump around from team to team trying to be on the next super team. He worked hard for his team to get better and help make his teammates better.

This comment got 6 different reactions....:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed probably one of the GOAT in Elgin Baylor.

As a rookie in 1958–59, Baylor finished fourth in the league in scoring (24.9 points per game), third in rebounding (15.0 rebounds per game), and eighth in assists (4.1 assists per game). He registered 55 points in a single game, then the third-highest mark in league history behind Joe Fulks' 63 and Mikan's 61. Baylor won the NBA Rookie of the Year Award and led the Lakers from last place the previous year to the NBA finals, where they lost to the Boston Celtics in the first four-game sweep in finals history. Thus began the greatest rivalry in the history of the NBA. During his career, Baylor helped lead the Lakers to the NBA Finals seven more times.

From the 1960–61 to the 1962–63 seasons, Baylor averaged 34.8, 38.3 and 34.0 points per game, respectively. On November 15 of the 1960–61 season, Baylor set a new NBA scoring record when he scored 71 points in a victory against the New York Knicks while grabbing 25 rebounds. In doing so, Baylor had broken his own NBA record of 64 points that he had set in the previous season. Baylor, a United States Army Reservist, was called toactive duty during the 1961–62 season, and being stationed in Washington state, he could play for the Lakers only when on a weekend pass. Despite playing only 48 games during the 1961–62 season, he still managed to score over 1,800 points. Later that season, in a game five NBA Finals victory against the Boston Celtics, Baylor grabbed 22 rebounds and set the still-standing NBA record for points in an NBA Finals game with 61.

Yeah, he was at the tail end of his career when I started following the NBA and he retired 9 games into the '71-'72 season (and the Lakers started their 33 game win streak the next game lol), so I didn't get to see him in his prime.