• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Jerry be in on RG3?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to an NFL talk show this afternoon, and the host stated he didn't think the Redskins could get a 3rd for RG3 this offseason and would probably have to settle for a conditional 4th or 5th at best. I started thinking about Jerry's nearly using a 1st on Johnny Football, and started wondering if Jerry would be interested in Griffin. Griffin went to Baylor, is still young, and has had success in the league, albeit before his latest knee surgery. I would not give a 1st or 2nd, but if the price is a 3rd, I might do that. Sitting a year or two behind Romo and playing behind our OL might just fix what ails him. Anyone else?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May be an option. They will need to find romos replacement. Lol at the skins giving up all those picks. Luck was the best qb in that draft by far. We all knew that except for the skins.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has little trade value right now. If that's the path the Skins are choosing, they will be sorely disappointed.

And yes - I would jump at the chance to grab him and give him the Plunkett treatment. His arm is still NFL caliber. He needs to get his head right with ball.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling Jerry makes a move for a QB of the future this offseason. Whether it's RG3, Johnny Football or someone in the draft, IDK, but I think it's coming

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong but I don't think RGIII is NFL material. I hope Dallas stays away, he's damaged goods and likes to throw his teammates under the bus for his short comings. Also from what I read, his work ethnic sucks.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong but I don't think RGIII is NFL material. I hope Dallas stays away, he's damaged goods and likes to throw his teammates under the bus for his short comings. Also from what I read, his work ethnic sucks.

I've heard that as well about his work ethic. To me, Griffin could be like Rolando McClain to the 10th power....there was a thread in NFL General talking about how Dallas was robbed in that trade and total fools for giving the Ravens anything. Now it looks like the Cowboys see him as a long time starter beside Lee and Hitchens(another move the Cowboys deserve a lot of credit for). On the other hand, if you were right, losing that 3rd rounder would sting if he went belly up again

StarsFan

noob extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 to Dallas, that has the potential to be as bad a decision as Babe Ruth from Boston to New York

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rg3 not the same since he hurt knee. No thanks unless he comes in cheap and as backup

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take him as a backup in a minute.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was funny that this was one of the stories today on Disney Dallas. I think Jerry would pony up for Griffin in a second. To me, the play is 7 picks on defense next year. If we hit on 2-3 starters, and get Lee back, an average defense is sll this team needs to win 12 games. And please, no stats or rankings trying to prove this defense is average as is....

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was funny that this was one of the stories today on Disney Dallas. I think Jerry would pony up for Griffin in a second. To me, the play is 7 picks on defense next year. If we hit on 2-3 starters, and get Lee back, an average defense is sll this team needs to win 12 games. And please, no stats or rankings trying to prove this defense is average as is....

I agree. I would also look at Briggs from Chicago if the price is right.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 to the Cowboys? Dr. Jerry Jones would kill him. Remember he thinks a broken back is a "pain management issue" :L

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might be worth kicking the tires if they get him on the cheap..very cheap.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,256.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The kid's still just 24, sitting a few years will allow his body to heal. He's been rushed back by Shanahan and this season as well.

They'd have to restructure his contract, he's due to make around 16 million.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO interest at all from this fan. We don't need that malcontent in the locker room.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. Once he lost just that one step and shaved off just a little speed he was neutralized. Teams know how to gameplan against him and he simply isn't good enough to sit in the pocket and make things happen.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. That would a horrible signing IMO for a few different reasons. His health and ability to play the same way he used to is now a question, learning and being able to properly execute an NFL Offense seems to be a problem, attitude is pretty much known to be a problem, Not exactly dirt cheap for next year and does the team that signs him need a second offense to implement if he comes in? That isn't going to happen. Seems he can't run a "normal" NFL Offense and Romo sure as heck isn't going to learn an RGIII friendly Offense. The last thing I would want is him sitting on my bench as a backup. Could you imagine how bad of an attitude he would have if he were to be deemed a backup for a 2 or 3 year period?

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta agree with some of the other guys in this thread talking about the decision to give up later picks for him. He's a solid backup given his current condition, and given what we saw from Weeden once he hit the field earlier this season, maybe a cheap backup option is what we need. I think the two biggest variables here are whether or not A- Jerrah blows his load and wants to pay top bucks for a familiar name, and B- Griffin will accept his spot as a backup.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. That would a horrible signing IMO for a few different reasons. His health and ability to play the same way he used to is now a question, learning and being able to properly execute an NFL Offense seems to be a problem, attitude is pretty much known to be a problem, Not exactly dirt cheap for next year and does the team that signs him need a second offense to implement if he comes in? That isn't going to happen. Seems he can't run a "normal" NFL Offense and Romo sure as heck isn't going to learn an RGIII friendly Offense. The last thing I would want is him sitting on my bench as a backup. Could you imagine how bad of an attitude he would have if he were to be deemed a backup for a 2 or 3 year period?

:agree: and I highly doubt anyone is going to take on his contract and lose good picks. There is a reason Colt McCoy is starting in Washington and it isn't because RGIII is a good guy willing to learn. IMO he will be out of the league in a couple more seasons.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling Jerry makes a move for a QB of the future this offseason. Whether it's RG3, Johnny Football or someone in the draft, IDK, but I think it's coming

I don't think Cleveland will give up Manziel unless they get the same value Dallas did from trading Walker to the Vikes.