• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Dallas players ever learn to just shut up?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Carr, I like the guy, but he is just showing his ignorance with his latest comments. "I'm going to take over the NFL" - Dallas players need to shut up and play football.

I understand that these guys are being asked questions and not just volunteering this information, but the entire organization suffers from diarrhea of the mouth. I just wish these guys wouldn't set themselves up for failure as often as they do.

On another note, I love Marinelli's comments to Bruce Carter. "It's a man's game", "no time for shaken confidence, just do your job".

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has big mouths. LeSean McCoy for example. But McCoy does back it up.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this is Carr's way of saying he has not lived up to his contract.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Carr, I like the guy, but he is just showing his ignorance with his latest comments. "I'm going to take over the NFL" - Dallas players need to shut up and play football.

I understand that these guys are being asked questions and not just volunteering this information, but the entire organization suffers from diarrhea of the mouth. I just wish these guys wouldn't set themselves up for failure as often as they do.

On another note, I love Marinelli's comments to Bruce Carter. "It's a man's game", "no time for shaken confidence, just do your job".

Carr has lost 10 pounds, is in great shape, and is ready for a big rebound year. I like it. If Carr, Claiborne, Carter and Spencer all play up to their salary this year, Dallas just might take over the NFL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw the headline I cringed. Then when I read the article (didn't see any actual video interview) I didn't have a problem with it. I took it more as a guy who was excited for his prospects this year than a guy being a cocky SOB that was talking shit. I do like it from the point of view that I predicted a big bounceback year for our CBs this year. I think between the 3 of them if they stay heatlhy we will be as good at the position as almost any team if we get decent safety play and a decent pass rush and will still be pretty good even without those things. Pass rush is needed because you just can't cover NFL receivers on a consistent basis for more than a few seconds. Safety play is needed because I think we will see a lot more press coverage and from time to time you are going to get left at the line when you play aggressive and because every Corner gets beat from time to time and it would be nice if once in a blue moon our corners had a safety to bail them out.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. They need to shut up. This is a make or break year for both Carr and Claiborne. The coaching staff needs to modify how things are done in the secondary ir we will be using a hig. h draft pick in the next draft That said the Cowboys should have. Probably drafted a corner,faster line backer or safety in round 4 and 5. We seriously did not need Streets in the 5th and could have got hitchens in the 7th round. I wanted the florida stae linebacker Tevin Smith over hitchens.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. They need to shut up. This is a make or break year for both Carr and Claiborne. The coaching staff needs to modify how things are done in the secondary ir we will be using a hig. h draft pick in the next draft That said the Cowboys should have. Probably drafted a corner,faster line backer or safety in round 4 and 5. We seriously did not need Streets in the 5th and could have got hitchens in the 7th round. I wanted the florida stae linebacker Tevin Smith over hitchens.

I think we took at WR at the perfect time. I wouldn't have liked it if we took one in the first two rounds, but in the mid rounds of a deep WR draft I think we made a good move and I like the player we chose. I was disappointed when we first picked Hitchens, but I do like what I see from him and how he plays the game. It seems the plan is to start him as Lee's backup which we absolutely need based on the last couple of years. But, I also think he has a shot at winning one of the other LB spots in the future if Carter continues to play poorly and/or if Holloman doesn't come on.

I never understood the Telvin Smith talk. You guys criticize Lawrence for being the same weight as D Ware, but you want a 218lbs LB???

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I think we took at WR at the perfect time. I wouldn't have liked it if we took one in the first two rounds, but in the mid rounds of a deep WR draft I think we made a good move and I like the player we chose. I was disappointed when we first picked Hitchens, but I do like what I see from him and how he plays the game. It seems the plan is to start him as Lee's backup which we absolutely need based on the last couple of years. But, I also think he has a shot at winning one of the other LB spots in the future if Carter continues to play poorly and/or if Holloman doesn't come on.

I never understood the Telvin Smith talk. You guys criticize Lawrence for being the same weight as D Ware, but you want a 218lbs LB???

Tevin Smith will be a good special teams player. After he puts on 25 lbs, if he retains his speed, maybe he can play LB

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr was pretty good in Ryans scheme. Claiborne was better in Ryans scheme. The productivity of both of these guys has not come close to the investment. They need to turn it around or we need to find better players

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I liked how smith played in coverage. We had that small linebacker, Coakley and he did well in Zimmers defense. Carter is fast but just seems lost in coverage. I just thin we lack speed on defense,especially in the secondary.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually just saw the video now on dc.com and have ZERO problem with anything he said and personally I thought he said all the right things. Watch it. Contrary to what the headline portrays it was actual a pretty humble 4 minute interview.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...e-League/48c387b5-72d2-42db-adae-4de9c4176173

I didn't watch the interview, just saw the headline and a few blurbs from the interview.

As I said, I like Brandon Carr, I think he has mostly done and said the right things since he has been in Dallas. I just want the players to play. Shut up with this kind of talk. It serves no one - except the people who want to say "I told you so" when you fail. The Cowboys have millions of people waiting to say "I told you so" when the team or an individual fails. Just go do your job. The play will speak for itself.

The last time I heard Carr talking about what HE IS GOING to do, Calvin Johnson burned the Dallas secondary for 300+ yards. Brandon Carr needs to save the talk for what he HAS done.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the interview, just saw the headline and a few blurbs from the interview.

As I said, I like Brandon Carr, I think he has mostly done and said the right things since he has been in Dallas. I just want the players to play. Shut up with this kind of talk. It serves no one - except the people who want to say "I told you so" when you fail. The Cowboys have millions of people waiting to say "I told you so" when the team or an individual fails. Just go do your job. The play will speak for itself.

The last time I heard Carr talking about what HE IS GOING to do, Calvin Johnson burned the Dallas secondary for 300+ yards. Brandon Carr needs to save the talk for what he HAS done.

LOL...typical spew about nothing at all. Least Arlington is down.
Onward with the lip movement while you say nothing at all.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...typical spew about nothing at all. Least Arlington is down.
Onward with the lip movement while you say nothing at all.

Typical spew about nothing at all? It's the off season, what more do you want? Did Dallas play a game last week?

Look Old man, you go around "spewing nothing at all" in random threads that you have absolutely nothing to contribute to all the time. Is life really that lonely for you? It's a pity, really.

You must still be stinging from the Sean Lee debate.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical spew about nothing at all? It's the off season, what more do you want? Did Dallas play a game last week?

Look Old man, you go around "spewing nothing at all" in random threads that you have absolutely nothing to contribute to all the time. Is life really that lonely for you? It's a pity, really.

You must still be stinging from the Sean Lee debate.

I hope you feel better with your rant here chuckles. You go ahead and run your mouth about something you didn't even read and talk the what they should do game...as if your opinion is informed.
better yet...put your finger in Arlington's belt loop and be the idiot....matters to me

BTW....I've never stung about any debate unless you wanna go back to Bobby Carpenter days. Buy a clue and REACH again chuckles

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you feel better with your rant here chuckles. You go ahead and run your mouth about something you didn't even read and talk the what they should do game...as if your opinion is informed.
better yet...put your finger in Arlington's belt loop and he the idiot....matters to me

I don't need to see the interview to know that a comment like that shouldn't be made.

Who the fuck is Brandon Carr aside from an over-paid average CB?

You don't go around saying I am going to take over the NFL, when you weren't even the best CB on your team last year. It's simple tact.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to see the interview to know that a comment like that shouldn't be made.

Who the fuck is Brandon Carr aside from an over-paid average CB?

You don't go around saying I am going to take over the NFL, when you weren't even the best CB on your team last year. It's simple tact.

Fuck that....talk your Sean lee talk that supposedly had me stinging. What a load of crap that is...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDay, you like to pound on people all the time, but yet you very rarely have little more to offer aside from insults and opinion.

Who the fuck made you important? You talk football like you belong in a front office, yet, all I see is you wrong as much, or more than anyone else on this board.

So, tell me why your opinion is worth anything? And please tell me why you think going around talking shit to strangers, unprovoked, is a smart thing to do? You look very silly at times.

Last edited by a moderator: