• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will 8-8 win the NFC East or.......

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it possible that 7-9 could win the division? Has 7-9 ever won a division?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-10 should be the magic number this year.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rooting for 7-9, just to take the spotlight off of the nfc west.....

But as seattle proved once in the dance, anything can happen...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, the east coast biased media spent the entire season trashing the NFC west as we were some great offense to the football gods. It received hysteria levels of coverage. Then the Seahawks proceeded to blast the Super Bowl champs out of the playoffs. And all of them ate a STFU sandwich.

Hey, where is all that same level of hysteria negativity over the NFC east this year? Oh that's right. They are too busy swinging from the nut sacks of those teams to keep their preferential access to the front offices and coaches. Soo predictable, especially from the #1 east coast nut swinger, ESPN.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, the east coast biased media spent the entire season trashing the NFC west as we were some great offense to the football gods. It received hysteria levels of coverage. Then the Seahawks proceeded to blast the Super Bowl champs out of the playoffs. And all of them ate a STFU sandwich.

Hey, where is all that same level of hysteria negativity over the NFC east this year? Oh that's right. They are too busy swinging from the nut sacks of those teams to keep their preferential access to the front offices and coaches. Soo predictable, especially from the #1 east coast nut swinger, ESPN.

Well the thing is the NFC East are all large market teams so ESPN is going to swing from their nut sacks. It shouldn't be that way but it is.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm beginning to think you have a Napoleon complex. You refuse to credit the ton of coverage the NFC West received all last year and this year. Espn covers the teams that are good.

Do I think an east coast bias exists in so far as coverage? Absolutely. Money and large football markets are involved. That coverage is ALL saying that the NFC is shit, which it is. What the hell are you reading or listening to that says any different?

I have a solution for you, ignore ESPN. And keep winning and your team will get the coverage regardless.

Btw, cowboys vs redskins still blew prime time out of the water with viewers....even tho we suck.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't see the Redskins or Giants being close to .500 so it's either the Eagles or Cowboys imo - if you ask me at this time next week I'll have a better idea after that Cowboys/Eagles game

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it possible that 7-9 could win the division? Has 7-9 ever won a division?

It's possible, but I think it more likely that 9 wins will take the division. I believe the Seahawks won with a 7-9 record a few years ago.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to think you have a Napoleon complex. You refuse to credit the ton of coverage the NFC West received all last year and this year. Espn covers the teams that are good.

Do I think an east coast bias exists in so far as coverage? Absolutely. Money and large football markets are involved. That coverage is ALL saying that the NFC is shit, which it is. What the hell are you reading or listening to that says any different?

I have a solution for you, ignore ESPN. And keep winning and your team will get the coverage regardless.

Btw, cowboys vs redskins still blew prime time out of the water with viewers....even tho we suck.

Honest question, is there any Primetime NFL game that doesn't blow all other programming out?

The lead on sportscenter is "Whats wrong with the redskins" followed by "updates from Valley RAnch" then "Looking into whats wrong with Eli"
............insufferable.....

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question, is there any Primetime NFL game that doesn't blow all other programming out?

The lead on sportscenter is "Whats wrong with the redskins" followed by "updates from Valley RAnch" then "Looking into whats wrong with Eli"
............insufferable.....

In so far as prime time NFL, I honestly don't know. Don't really follow the Neilson ratings, was just something that sort of surprised me, given how awful the NFC East has been and that the baseball playoffs were playing simultaneously. It only emphasizes the large market/ ad revenue argument attached to the East coverage bias. It's Economics 101, based on supply and demand, NOT any hate at the NFC West.

Based on the leads on SC, yes it would get on my nerves if I was a Hawks fan. In the same token, as a skins fan, it grates on my nerves how much coverage the Cowboys get all the time, every year, regardless that they've been an inconsistent team, at best, for years. But I understand WHY they do, it generates views and revenue. It is what it is.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the thing is the NFC East are all large market teams so ESPN is going to swing from their nut sacks. It shouldn't be that way but it is.

Bias? May be but I think it's purely a #s games...when in doubt, follow the largest TV markets.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In so far as prime time NFL, I honestly don't know. Don't really follow the Neilson ratings, was just something that sort of surprised me, given how awful the NFC East has been and that the baseball playoffs were playing simultaneously. It only emphasizes the large market/ ad revenue argument attached to the East coverage bias. It's Economics 101, based on supply and demand, NOT any hate at the NFC West.

Based on the leads on SC, yes it would get on my nerves if I was a Hawks fan. In the same token, as a skins fan, it grates on my nerves how much coverage the Cowboys get all the time, every year, regardless that they've been an inconsistent team, at best, for years. But I understand WHY they do, it generates views and revenue. It is what it is.

I wouldn't watch SC then, watch NFL Network(if you have it), the league channels(MLBN, NFLN, NBA TV) are much better and there are less bias on those channels

ESPN is a cesspool - the only things worth watching on those channels are the actual games and even then that can be questionable