• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wild VS Sabres - 7:30PM EST - The Return Of Pominville

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can agree that the Sabres should have traded hm before the Season even started. They are playing with fire now.

Yeah. I don't think even Darcy is dumb enough to think that they were somehow going to be competitive this year.

Maybe he figured they could be competitive enough at least to talk Vanek into sticking around to help develop a "promising" young core.

Or maybe he's just a moron. I'm gonna go with that.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I don't think even Darcy is dumb enough to think that they were somehow going to be competitive this year.

Maybe he figured they could be competitive enough at least to talk Vanek into sticking around to help develop a "promising" young core.

Or maybe he's just a moron. I'm gonna go with that.

I think they knew it was going to be difficult this Season, but I don't think in their wildest dreams they figured it would be THIS bad.

They convinced Vanek to stay with the team for leadership and to help the new young core, and finally gave him the C to keep him happy, but you can tell Vanek is not pleased at all with how things are going.

Sabres (Darcy) fucked this all up, and now we get to sit back and watch the fallout from it.

It's great to be a Sabres fan. :L

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanek isn't going anywhere this Season. He's going to finish out his last year with the Sabres and then sign with the Wild as a FA.

After this year, Heatley will be a UFA, and the Wild will free up 7.5 mil in cap space to sign Vanek.

I sure wouldn't mind that happening. Seeing Vanek back in a MN jersey would be great but not at 7.5 mil per. Adding Vanek while subtracting Heatley would be a great move IMO. Pom's price was a little steep but he has great energy and works really well with Koivu and Parise especially on the PP

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have many UFA that are worth retaining so I guess we could swing another 7 million dollar player but I would hope he'd give a little discount to come back to the state of hockey.