• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wild Card Steelers vs Bengals

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhm, no it isn't. You can hit runners helmet to helmet. As I just said, that was the explanation given by the NFL ref on the broadcast... But I'm sure you know the rules better than a NFL ref.

I guess you never watch any nfl football. That call is made every Sunday. You cannot make helmet to helmet contact when tackling a player. And if you are relying on the worst NFL referee in the booth for your verification, then you have problems.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Porter can say whatever he wants. He's a coach and it's a timeout he has a right to be out there. He didn't physically do anything against the rules so Pac-Man is a nutjob. If a man's words can make you touch an official you got problems.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEading with the crown of your helmet is always illegal learn the rules
Didn't say leading with his helmet, he said helmet to helmet. As to whether or not the hit on Bernard was leading with the helmet I don't know. I was only half paying attention and the NFL ref on the broadcast said it was a clean hit according to the rules.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you never watch any nfl football. That call is made every Sunday. You cannot make helmet to helmet contact when tackling a player. And if you are relying on the worst NFL referee in the booth for your verification, then you have problems.
Your correct of course, the NFL needs professional refs. Quit being so cheap NFL.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pathetic by both teams but mostly the Bengals. That goes for some of the fans and coaches as well. If Denver played like that I'd be embarrassed to admit I was a Broncos fan. Unreal. Peace.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(2) A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;

Yeah no way Bernard could have warded or avoided against that hit as he got blasted right as we turned around. He likely saw it coming about a half second before he was popped. By rule seems like he was pretty defenseless.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait... There is never any helmet to helmet contact in football? You're right, I must not watch any. Because there is helmet to helmet contact on EVERY play.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Porter can say whatever he wants. He's a coach and it's a timeout he has a right to be out there. He didn't physically do anything against the rules so Pac-Man is a nutjob. If a man's words can make you touch an official you got problems.

Does Joey Porter also have the right to shove a player? Let's be honsot here Porter was no angel and he had not right to start bunch of shit. He should have been more concerned with Brown than getting into a scuffle with the Bengals defense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhm, no it isn't. You can hit runners helmet to helmet. As I just said, that was the explanation given by the NFL ref on the broadcast... But I'm sure you know the rules better than a NFL ref.
This year seems like most fans do know the rules better than the refs.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look on the bright side Cincinnati, you can't blame this loss on Andy Dalton. That's something to be happy about. I mean sure he probably would have cost you the game if he was playing but he wasn't and no one can ever take that away from you.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Joey Porter also have the right to shove a player? Let's be honsot here Porter was no angel and he had not right to start bunch of shit. He should have been more concerned with Brown than getting into a scuffle with the Bengals defense.

Dude, we get it, you hate the Steelers. Piss off already

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree....Porter knew what he was doing and instigated a penalty at the end of a heated game. He should have gotten a flag as well.

Think of it as flopping in NBA. Trying to get a call when not much happened.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was bitching that about porter and the refs

1) Porter was doing nothing but stiring up shit (like always).

2) He bumps into Pac-man. Not the other way around (from what i saw)

Flag should have been the same as the one on Mulrkey (which i think should be legal but another story for another day)

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....Porter knew what he was doing and instigated a penalty at the end of a heated game. He should have gotten a flag as well.

Think of it as flopping in NBA. Trying to get a call when not much happened.

Excatly my points that i said good sir

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill doesn't cough it up the Bengals win. Simple as that.
If Burfict doesn't hit Brown it was an incomplete pass, Steelers might not even get into FG range. If Jones doesn't lose his head and commit that stupid PF during the injury timeout the Steelers might not make the 49 yard field goal. you can what if everything but as I said they can only blame themselves.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals deserved to lose that game. Burfict is a fucking idiot. That's what you sign up for when you have him.

That aside, it doesn't excuse what a shitty job the refs did the entire game. They even knew beforehand that things could get bad yet they still let the game get out of control with cheap shots, scuffles, and a very clear cut targeting hit by Shazier on Bernard that basically boiled everything over from that point on. And while the end of the game penalties were correct, how the fuck do they allow Joey Porter to be on the field and not call a penalty? He's not out there moving his players or coaching in a TO. He's clearly antagonizing the Cincy players by intentionally standing amongst their group smirking and baiting them, which started that secondary scuffle. No control whatsoever by the refs. Jones is still a fucking idiot but still, refs not doing their job. If they had any balls, they should have ejected players. That would have kept things in check. Instead we got a shitfest game where both teams played dirty and lost composure multiple times. There are no winners here.