• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wild Card - Seattle Seahawks @ Dallas Cowboys

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no im hanging it on the fact that the team this year put up more points than all but ONE year in franchise history. and they did it without any big names or big talents except for wilson.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no im hanging it on the fact that the team this year put up more points than all but ONE year in franchise history. and they did it without any big names or big talents except for wilson.

I'm so glad that Chris Carson isn't talented. Or that Tyler Lockett wasn't good enough to post nearly 1000 yards receiving while having a perfect rating when targeted. Oh, and that Duane Brown isn't an All Pro on the OLine.

Yes, we scored more this season than Bevell's offense ever put up. And that's a good thing. Hopefully, we can do it again next year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets not forget the elephant in the room guys, this team HAD to put up these points to win this year, no if ands or buts about it. In past they would sit on freaking leads after halftime lol. Shit use to drive me crazy and cost us a few games.

They needed to change it up get Russell rolling out and on the move sooner when they saw how Dallas was attacking the run game. They NEVER do that and when they do the team has some of their best games. They are stubborn to a fault right now and they have to do something about it. Russell is one of your most dynamic play makers on the field and they hamstring him with run on 1st now its 2nd and 10 run on 2nd, now its 3rd and 12 lol. We see it over and over, drive after drive and they continue to pound their head into the wall till it's to little to late then they start moving Russell. Get him more involved in the game and they catch fire.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad that Chris Carson isn't talented. Or that Tyler Lockett wasn't good enough to post nearly 1000 yards receiving while having a perfect rating when targeted. Oh, and that Duane Brown isn't an All Pro on the OLine.

Yes, we scored more this season than Bevell's offense ever put up. And that's a good thing. Hopefully, we can do it again next year.
You know you are trying to reason with a complete idiot right?

The best thing that happened to this team in the offseason was getting rid of Tom Cable. And it's so glaring. Well except for those who never understood what the real issues with that unit were and want to bend things to fit a narrative.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know you are trying to reason with a complete idiot right?

The best thing that happened to this team in the offseason was getting rid of Tom Cable. And it's so glaring. Well except for those who never understood what the real issues with that unit were and want to bend things to fit a narrative.

Yep, and uw's witty repartee with a simple face-palm rating just solidifies the strength of their arguments.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The strength of the argument lies in the facts, the two of you are stubbornly unwilling to accept reality.

Why the loyalty for a trash OC?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The strength of the argument lies in the facts, the two of you are stubbornly unwilling to accept reality.

Why the loyalty for a trash OC?

Your only fact is 428, everything else you spout is subjective opinion. There's no more loyalty to Bevell than to Shotty, I just completely disagree with you on just about everything that comes to why and how the offense works and how those statistics are reached and the impact of the various coaches in the outcomes of the offensive scheme. But, if you wanna use statistics, then let's use statistics.

In 2018, Seattle faced teams with a defense that allowed 400 or more points during the season 7 times, in 2015 they faced 3. At 402 or more, that number is 6-1.

In 2018, the defenses Seattle faced allowed 9.5% more points per games that Seattle's opponents allowed in 2015 (24.0 to 21.92) and we scored 5 more points.

In 2018, Seattle scored 3.3 more points against their opponents than their opponents gave up to everyone else (26.8 to 23.3). In 2015, that number was 4.6 (26.4 to 21.8).

In 2018, Seattle ran for 42.1% more yards than their opponent gave up to everyone else (160.9 to 113.21). In 2015, that number was only 32.4 (141.8 to 107.1). Yes, I'll even post when 2018 was better.

In 2018, Seattle threw for 18.7% fewer yards than what their opponents gave up to other teams (193.3 to 234.85). In 2015, Seattle threw for only 2.4% fewer yards (236.9 to 242.7).

In 2018, Seattle scored 3.3 points and 4.14 more yards than what the opponent's defense gave up to everyone else. In 2015, it was 4.6 and 28.76.

The scoring numbers are very similar in 2013 and 2012 (the other 2 400 point seasons under Bevell) as they were in 2015.

Overall, Seattle outscored 2015 by 5 points in a year when the defenses they played gave up 2.1 points more per game than the defenses they faced in 2015. What you're blinding yourself to is that it's the same offense as what Bevell was running when we had the OLine to run it. Bevell's gone and isn't coming back, and as long as the offense is playing well - I don't care who is the OC, I'll support them. I do, on the other hand, disagree with you that you're just sharing facts about the situation. At best, you're sharing stats without context.

All averages for what opponents gave up to other teams was taken once per team - so even if the team was played twice, their numbers were only accounted for once. The averages would be even more in the favor of 2015 had I averaged per game instead of per opponent.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts:

- An absolutely disgraceful game from Schottenheimer (and anyone else who had input on the offensive game plan/play calling). I don't think I've ever seen a coordinator as outmatched in the NFL. It's unbelievably predictable - everyone knows when the run is coming. When it's still successful, I guess it's alright, but when it's not you have to change. How many times can you run on 1st and 2nd down and get a total of 3-4 yards? They were in 3rd and 7 all game long it seemed like. Schottenheimer essentially said through his play calling "we are going to have to run the ball, and if we can't, we'll lose the game trying". Why on earth is that your gameplan when you have one of the better QBs in the league?

- Speaking of QBs, I thought Wilson played well when given the chance. He deserves so much better than BS.

- Really bad game by the OL - I thought they were bullied from start to finish. Granted, that's a really good defensive line with Tank Lawrence, Crawford and Gregory - but still. One of the more subpar performances from that group this year.

- KJ Wright was a monster out there. I had pretty much accepted he wouldn't be back next year, but when healthy, he's still a difference maker. At the right price, I'd like to see him back.

- Tough game for Flowers and Griffin. I don't know all the coverages obviously, but I found it weird they were giving non-Cooper receivers 10 yards or more in space. I know Griffin is banged up, and Flowers is a good run defending corner, but this is a spot where the Seahawks need a difference maker. Coleman is fine in the slot and Griffin is a good #2 corner.

- I'm starting to doubt my initial belief that Dak Prescott stinks. I was really impressed with some of the decisions and plays he made last night. I'm not sure he's going to be worth the $100M+ contract he'll get, but he's really proved me wrong.

- It was a really good season that exceeded my expectations, but that was a sour way to end it. I didn't mind losing, but losing because the OC would rather be stubborn and maintain his 1970s play calling rather than adapting to 2019 is a tough pill to swallow. There's virtually no doubt in my mind that the Seahawks win that game if they open it up for Russell (the guy they're paying $25M to this year).

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your only fact is 428, everything else you spout is subjective opinion. There's no more loyalty to Bevell than to Shotty, I just completely disagree with you on just about everything that comes to why and how the offense works and how those statistics are reached and the impact of the various coaches in the outcomes of the offensive scheme. But, if you wanna use statistics, then let's use statistics.

You are suffering from some kind of derangement syndrome to have wasted your with that.

2nd highest point total in franchise history with less O talent than any offense under bevell with maybe one exception.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts:

- An absolutely disgraceful game from Schottenheimer (and anyone else who had input on the offensive game plan/play calling). I don't think I've ever seen a coordinator as outmatched in the NFL. It's unbelievably predictable - everyone knows when the run is coming. When it's still successful, I guess it's alright, but when it's not you have to change. How many times can you run on 1st and 2nd down and get a total of 3-4 yards? They were in 3rd and 7 all game long it seemed like. Schottenheimer essentially said through his play calling "we are going to have to run the ball, and if we can't, we'll lose the game trying". Why on earth is that your gameplan when you have one of the better QBs in the league?

- Speaking of QBs, I thought Wilson played well when given the chance. He deserves so much better than BS.

- Really bad game by the OL - I thought they were bullied from start to finish. Granted, that's a really good defensive line with Tank Lawrence, Crawford and Gregory - but still. One of the more subpar performances from that group this year.

- KJ Wright was a monster out there. I had pretty much accepted he wouldn't be back next year, but when healthy, he's still a difference maker. At the right price, I'd like to see him back.

- Tough game for Flowers and Griffin. I don't know all the coverages obviously, but I found it weird they were giving non-Cooper receivers 10 yards or more in space. I know Griffin is banged up, and Flowers is a good run defending corner, but this is a spot where the Seahawks need a difference maker. Coleman is fine in the slot and Griffin is a good #2 corner.

- I'm starting to doubt my initial belief that Dak Prescott stinks. I was really impressed with some of the decisions and plays he made last night. I'm not sure he's going to be worth the $100M+ contract he'll get, but he's really proved me wrong.

- It was a really good season that exceeded my expectations, but that was a sour way to end it. I didn't mind losing, but losing because the OC would rather be stubborn and maintain his 1970s play calling rather than adapting to 2019 is a tough pill to swallow. There's virtually no doubt in my mind that the Seahawks win that game if they open it up for Russell (the guy they're paying $25M to this year).

Yep they needed to hand it over to russell after they only saw 10-11 total plays ( snaps on offense) in the first half. Russ is a monster out there and can take over a game if you let him. We have seen it a million times. Get Russ moving, rolling out and the offense takes off. Let him just hand it off and now he has no say in what happens unless he is out front blocking ( which we have seen a dozen times ). Get your best player on the field more involved and stop handcuffing him.

It's almost like they don't trust Wilson or the WR group.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are suffering from some kind of derangement syndrome to have wasted your with that.

2nd highest point total in franchise history with less O talent than any offense under bevell with maybe one exception.

Wasted my what? You can't even figure that out. Impressive.......

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have run out of arguments i see.

we scored more TDs and less FGs this year than in any of bevell's years, even his best ones. that is what football is about.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blowing valuable resources on Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham -- players who DID NOT fit the offensive identity of the SB years -- helped drag us down to where we ended up last season. We finally got back to that this year after letting both of our light blocking TEs walk and replacing them with better fits and getting the OL back to being a functioning unit. It would be a mistake to throw either cap dollars or an early draft pick on a WR. We have guys under contract who fit what we do on offense just fine.

We could use another pass rusher. We could use another quality DT. Depending on the futures of KJ & Kendricks, we may need an OLB. Linemen on either side of the ball are almost always smart picks.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have run out of arguments i see.

we scored more TDs and less FGs this year than in any of bevell's years, even his best ones. that is what football is about.

No, just finding you more boring than my accounting homework.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching the Rams makes me wish PC/Shotty went into more of a pass mode in the second half.