• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wiggins

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins, right now, is in that 3 category. He was labeled as the next Lebron and the #1 prospect in H.S. He was at Kansas for one year where he really continued this hype, he was an All-Big 12 Freshman, Consensus AA and made the All-Big 12 Team in his lone year. Looking at his numbers solely if you never saw him play you would be questioning why he is a bust. Well it's the fact he basically hasn't improved since his 2nd year in the league. His 3 point shooting is consistently below average, his shot selection is below average (FG % has actually gone down since early in his career), he is a below average FT shooter at his position, he doesn't play defense and for his size and athleticism is a mediocre rebounder and below average passer. There is nothing he brings to the floor that is special. What teases us more are these flashes of "greatness", like scoring 16 points in a 4 minute span to win a game. No one can explain it but imo it is just his work ethic, his drive and mental toughness that is stopping him for succeeding. That being said, he is only 24 and has a ways to go. I don't think we will ever see him being a future star like expected but he can work to make is overall game better and I think that starts with his shot selection and defense.

Meh, he wasn't great in college.

He put up numbers, but similarly to the way he does now.

I think before his year in college, he was unanimously the #1 pick. After, it was seriously between Parker and Embiid, who by the way was so raw and injured that you barely saw any of him.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even follow the NBA anymore but I have literally had dreams the Timberwolves were able to trade Wiggins. If the league allowed it the Wolves should trade him for an autographed picture of Doug West.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even follow the NBA anymore but I have literally had dreams the Timberwolves were able to trade Wiggins. If the league allowed it the Wolves should trade him for an autographed picture of Doug West.

Autographed? Seems like too much for him.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins at this point can be called a "bust" BUT there are different levels of busts in my opinion:

1. A player is drafted very high and is just awful. They are out of the league in less than a couple years or reduced to a bench warmer role.
Examples - Adam Morrison, Anthony Bennett, Darko Milicic

2. A player drafted high is riddled with injuries, we really don't know what their career would be like. Honestly, this one is questionable to even be labeled as a "bust" bc injuries can be out of the players' hands.
Examples: Greg Oden, Michael Olowokandi

3. A player drafted high that had solid, somewhat productive career but simply did not meet their expectations as a prospect and player overall.
Examples: Michael Beasley, Andrea Bargnani, Darko Milicic

Wiggins, right now, is in that 3 category. He was labeled as the next Lebron and the #1 prospect in H.S. He was at Kansas for one year where he really continued this hype, he was an All-Big 12 Freshman, Consensus AA and made the All-Big 12 Team in his lone year. Looking at his numbers solely if you never saw him play you would be questioning why he is a bust. Well it's the fact he basically hasn't improved since his 2nd year in the league. His 3 point shooting is consistently below average, his shot selection is below average (FG % has actually gone down since early in his career), he is a below average FT shooter at his position, he doesn't play defense and for his size and athleticism is a mediocre rebounder and below average passer. There is nothing he brings to the floor that is special. What teases us more are these flashes of "greatness", like scoring 16 points in a 4 minute span to win a game. No one can explain it but imo it is just his work ethic, his drive and mental toughness that is stopping him for succeeding. That being said, he is only 24 and has a ways to go. I don't think we will ever see him being a future star like expected but he can work to make is overall game better and I think that starts with his shot selection and defense.

Pretty good assessment.

Here's the thing... on the eve of his 2nd year... his coach died. Putting him through 1 year of Sam Mitchell, followed by the Thibodeau / Butler fuckup/fiasco... given his position, he was cast aside for the sake of "win now."

He did not fit with Butler and Teague on the court.

He was never allowed to develop organically, which IMO would've been better for him, KAT, and the organization as a whole.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no saving grace for this guy. He is quite literally the absolute worst max contract player in the history of the nba. Hes actually one of the worst starting players ever as well.

Too early to say.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins at this point can be called a "bust" BUT there are different levels of busts in my opinion:

1. A player is drafted very high and is just awful. They are out of the league in less than a couple years or reduced to a bench warmer role.
Examples - Adam Morrison, Anthony Bennett, Darko Milicic

2. A player drafted high is riddled with injuries, we really don't know what their career would be like. Honestly, this one is questionable to even be labeled as a "bust" bc injuries can be out of the players' hands.
Examples: Greg Oden, Michael Olowokandi

3. A player drafted high that had solid, somewhat productive career but simply did not meet their expectations as a prospect and player overall.
Examples: Michael Beasley, Andrea Bargnani, Darko Milicic

You listed Darko at 1 and 3, both

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am shocked that the guy who destroyed the Knicks long before Isaiah Thomas took the blame continued his long trend of being a terrible gm.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, he wasn't great in college.

He put up numbers, but similarly to the way he does now.

I think before his year in college, he was unanimously the #1 pick. After, it was seriously between Parker and Embiid, who by the way was so raw and injured that you barely saw any of him.

His one year at college didn't hurt his unanimous H.S. #1 ranking, it helped him but not a ton...either way he was still averaging 20 a game and an AA. If he has a bad year, there are questions about him going #1. After that prove-it one year, he was easily the #1

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s remarkable that he is still a starter

Who else are they going to play? Before you move Wiggins to the bench they have to move Graham. As bad as Wiggins is, the Wolves have nothing better. Okogie maybe, but that guy is built to come off the bench.

who else? Layman and Bates-Diop are not better. Culver will be better, but he is not ready for minutes.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culver can give better play with same amount of minutes. Wiggins was a bust and I don't like his attitude.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culver can give better play with same amount of minutes. Wiggins was a bust and I don't like his attitude.

No way. He is a rookie, he isn't better than Wiggins right now...but I think if he develops Wiggins could be gone. Gonna have to probably package a pick with him though lolz

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors will trade DLo for a star somehow, get Klay and Steph back next year and trade for Wiggins. He will come off the bench and form into an Iggy...win a Finals MVP and show the haters how much of a baller he really is

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Culver has had some decent minutes so far, he is not better in anyway yet. It would be worth giving him those minutes of the Wolves throw in the towel, but they still have the delusion that they are a playoff team right now.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors will trade DLo for a star somehow, get Klay and Steph back next year and trade for Wiggins. He will come off the bench and form into an Iggy...win a Finals MVP and show the haters how much of a baller he really is

Wiggins could be an absolute BEAST defensively if he put in the work.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he could use a change of scenery

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no saving grace for this guy. He is quite literally the absolute worst max contract player in the history of the nba. Hes actually one of the worst starting players ever as well.

Andrew Wiggins dropped a season-high 40 points vs. the Warriors in an overtime win on Friday, hitting 17-of-33 from the field and 4-of-8 from the line with seven assists, five rebounds, three blocks and two triples.
Wiggins has completely flipped the script since a shaky start to the season. He's buying into coach Ryan Saunders' offense and improving his shot selection, and tonight is a prime example -- he attempted 20 of his 33 shots inside the paint and only attempted four mid-range jumpers. He's trending up in a big way with 29.0 points, 4.8 assists, 3.8 rebounds, 3.3 triples and 1.8 blocks over his last four games.

Lmao, you are a complete moron.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so bummed when the tanking Sixers didn’t win the lottery and draft this kid. But we made up for it drafting an even bigger bust in Fultz