• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wieters Trade?

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we all know Wieters' contract is up at the end of the year (along with a slew of others). Caleb has proved himself to be a reputable backup - certainly not Wieters-level both behind the plate (Wieters does a MUCH better job of framing pitches and slightly better throwing out baserunners) and offensively.

The Orioles need outfield help...badly. They need speed, both in a corner-outfield position as well as on the basepaths. Without going into huge detail about whether a potential trade partner would be able to resign him at the end of the year, this trade might be plausible:

Wieters for Byron Buxton

The Twins need a catcher and they're also right in the thick of things in the AL Central (surprisingly so, but there nonetheless). If the Twins feel they can resign Wieters, I think this trade makes sense for both teams, even though I am not sure about the Twins' OF depth.

I might be crazy, but who knows. After all, we gave up one of our best prospects for a 2-month rental late-inning reliever in Andrew Miller, whom Duquette probably knew going into the trade that we wouldn't be able to resign at the end of the season. So this has to be somewhat plausible...

Thoughts???

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they're going to want to give up a top hitter while we are in our own division race. Only 3 games back now in a weak division. Only way they would even think about giving up a guy like would have to be a sign and trade which you don't see in baseball. Plus Boras will want Wieters to wait till the end of the season before dealing him.

I would rather deal Davis and re-sign Wieters to play first. Then sign either Cespedes or Upton for Left/Right.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus we would get a draft pick if held onto Wieters until of the end of the year.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we all know Wieters' contract is up at the end of the year (along with a slew of others). Caleb has proved himself to be a reputable backup - certainly not Wieters-level both behind the plate (Wieters does a MUCH better job of framing pitches and slightly better throwing out baserunners) and offensively.

The Orioles need outfield help...badly. They need speed, both in a corner-outfield position as well as on the basepaths. Without going into huge detail about whether a potential trade partner would be able to resign him at the end of the year, this trade might be plausible:

Wieters for Byron Buxton

The Twins need a catcher and they're also right in the thick of things in the AL Central (surprisingly so, but there nonetheless). If the Twins feel they can resign Wieters, I think this trade makes sense for both teams, even though I am not sure about the Twins' OF depth.

I might be crazy, but who knows. After all, we gave up one of our best prospects for a 2-month rental late-inning reliever in Andrew Miller, whom Duquette probably knew going into the trade that we wouldn't be able to resign at the end of the season. So this has to be somewhat plausible...

Thoughts???
parmelee and nolan should be our outfield and buck can keep his lough . we do need some trades to get rid of some deadwood in the bp . i do agree keeping matt and getting the picks .

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they're going to want to give up a top hitter while we are in our own division race. Only 3 games back now in a weak division. Only way they would even think about giving up a guy like would have to be a sign and trade which you don't see in baseball. Plus Boras will want Wieters to wait till the end of the season before dealing him.

I would rather deal Davis and re-sign Wieters to play first. Then sign either Cespedes or Upton for Left/Right.
Why does everyone keep calling it a weak division? It is the BEST division in baseball, best win %, most teams over .500 in a division, and the highest combined run differential of any division in baseball (by far, even with the Red Sox sucking).

huntingpa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah im not sure where people get off calling it a weak year. Each team has beaten up on each other in the division, not only that but it sure seems that we have played a hell of a lot more games in division this year up until this point in the season than we did last year.

I for one am completely against letting Matt leave, and do not think Caleb even compares to Matt. We can find a replacement for Davis we may even have him in our system waiting already and you all should know who i think that is.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah im not sure where people get off calling it a weak year. Each team has beaten up on each other in the division, not only that but it sure seems that we have played a hell of a lot more games in division this year up until this point in the season than we did last year.

I for one am completely against letting Matt leave, and do not think Caleb even compares to Matt. We can find a replacement for Davis we may even have him in our system waiting already and you all should know who i think that is.

i think we could resign parmelee cheap and he is a plus first baseman . could move nolan to first . could move matt to first . caleb is far better than i expected he would be that says alot because i was high on him .

welcome to the bigs givens . if people remember some talked shit about joe jordan but this team is still more joe and andy than the duke

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Twins would trade away the top ranked prospect in baseball straight up for what could be a rent a player who has been a bit injury prone.

huntingpa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Twins would trade away the top ranked prospect in baseball straight up for what could be a rent a player who has been a bit injury prone.

Only team dumb enough to trade a future all-star for a 2 month rental are the o's. Hell from what some people are saying we may have traded a future cy young winner.

Haven't been up on the minor leaguer progress but Tedman whats going on with Walker these days?

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy John surgery isn't going to benefit a future with another team for Weiters. GM now is at a position to offer a lower contract. Weiters post surgery numbers are pretty good, sitting behind the plate might not be his position in the future. I see first base and DH so he might as well stay with Baltimore

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bor ass is his agent