• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Richards ever shoot in the shootout?

Why does our D never get it out of the zone?

Why do we always need to dump in the puck when it is a known fact we wont hustle to get it as it goes around the boards?

Why does Bob play amazing, but that swallow cock in a shootout?

Why does this team feel the urge to gift wrap passes to the opposition?

So many questions, so little answers.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep waiting patiently for this team to show up game after game and it's not happening. Teams that are more desperate and just plain want it more (just about all of them) are going to continue to beat us at this time of year until something drastically changes.

I would say that talent, luck and refusing to play the game to win are the three reasons that we're getting any points at all in our recent games, because the passion and second effort just aren't there consistently enough to even measure.

Pittsburgh looked twice as fast as us in every single zone and we were constantly fumbling the puck. All game long you'd see one of our players look like he was going to take the puck up on the rush into the offensive zone only to see him somehow lose the puck and then fall, failing to recover to get back into the defensive zone and provide coverage. We don't forecheck hard enough and we don't backcheck hard enough. Meanwhile, the shorthanded Penguins still do all of these things. It's embarrassing, really.

Their constant pressure and effort is going to neutralize our talent alone 9 times out of 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Laviolette not play Boucher at home and Bobrovsky on the road? (look up their splits, it's amazing no one else sees this)

Why does Laviolette continue to put out Richards and Versteeg for 15+ minutes a night?

Why does Laviolette play Carcillo for less than 6 minutes when the team is desperate for a spark?

Why does Laviolette continue to experiment with Versteeg and van Riemsdyk at the point on the PP when Coburn is still on the team? Did he not score half of the Flyers' D corps' PPG just 3 years ago, a team that was 2nd in the league in PP percentage?

Are you seeing a theme with this?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They simply don't give a shit right now they're coasting and its frustrating especially against those fucking pens@!!! You know they can play better but they suck ballsacks almost looks like its done on purpose because with this much talent you should be able to make a pass or two in a row instead they turn it over.

I was embarrassed to watch that crap.........but we all know once the playoffs start the effort will come back, they'll start scoring and if Bob plays like he did tonight this team will take it up a couple of levels. Due to this I'll refrain from pounding back the rum tonight! : )

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
why did maniaa point out richards should be questioned as a captian,and sadly to say we have no response from him out there while in this funk....what happened to the richards that laid a big hit to spark this team...........here's a better why,WHY DID THIS FUCKING TEAM STOP WINNING

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why does Laviolette not play Boucher at home and Bobrovsky on the road? (look up their splits, it's amazing no one else sees this)

Why does Laviolette continue to put out Richards and Versteeg for 15+ minutes a night?

Why does Laviolette play Carcillo for less than 6 minutes when the team is desperate for a spark?

Why does Laviolette continue to experiment with Versteeg and van Riemsdyk at the point on the PP when Coburn is still on the team? Did he not score half of the Flyers' D corps' PPG just 3 years ago, a team that was 2nd in the league in PP percentage?

Are you seeing a theme with this?

Am i missing something? Did Bob not keep this team in the game last night?

Richards and Versteeg should play 15+ min a night, he is the captain of the team and is SUPPOSED to spark them, but obviously that is not happening.

Carcillo should play more, I am not a fan of cutting down forward minutes so drastically, we're not in the playoffs yet.

The worst part for me about last nights game was watching the passing that was going on between the players. I could not believe how bad it was. Every pass was leading the player too long or behind them It was miserable to watch.:mad2:

and for the record i don't think that bob lost the game for us in the shootout, ville leino, claude giroux, and mike richards did.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Richards and Versteeg should play 15+ min a night, he is the captain of the team and is SUPPOSED to spark them, but obviously that is not happening.

Carcillo should play more, I am not a fan of cutting down forward minutes so drastically, we're not in the playoffs yet.

The worst part for me about last nights game was watching the passing that was going on between the players. I could not believe how bad it was. Every pass was leading the player too long or behind them It was miserable to watch.:mad2:

and for the record i don't think that bob lost the game for us in the shootout, ville leino, claude giroux, and mike richards did.

Yea when you just shoot the puck into the other goalies mid section there really is little effort, but hey that's been the whole team attitude as of late..

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Richards ever shoot in the shootout?

Why does our D never get it out of the zone?

Why do we always need to dump in the puck when it is a known fact we wont hustle to get it as it goes around the boards?

Why does Bob play amazing, but that swallow cock in a shootout?

Why does this team feel the urge to gift wrap passes to the opposition?

So many questions, so little answers.

Why ask why? ;)

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why did maniaa point out richards should be questioned as a captian,and sadly to say we have no response from him out there while in this funk....what happened to the richards that laid a big hit to spark this team...........here's a better why,WHY DID THIS FUCKING TEAM STOP WINNING

Cause Charlie Sheen started #Winning.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not gunna blame coaching.. i think lava could be doing things differently, but this is the 2nd coach that the team has started playing half-ass for

the leaders of this team are lazy (richards and carter i'm lookin at you), that's just a fact.

seriously though, why not play zherdev right now? we have a whole team full of guys playing like he does? giroux, nodl, mesz, and coburn are the only ones workin out there.. i assume betts, powe, and carcillo would try too, if they ever saw the ice

things i would do differently if i were lava

1. as a wake up call, i'd send out betts, nodl, carcillo for a shootout (against boston probably)

2. richards, versteeg, leino, and JvR would be off my PP units, leino skating in circles and gaining zone time is NOT a good PP (regardless of how good he is at defending the puck)

3. as a wake up call, i'd put richards in the press box for a game, and say it's for poor play, not a fuckin maintenance day.. i love the guy, but he needs to get back to playing with heart, its all he has, he doesn't have the skill carter has to half-ass it and still be semi-effective

i think last night they came out expecting bob to suck again, so regardless of them playing their best game, they'd still lose.. bob came out and played better than all of them, and nobody could elevate their game

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not gunna blame coaching.. i think lava could be doing things differently, but this is the 2nd coach that the team has started playing half-ass for

the leaders of this team are lazy (richards and carter i'm lookin at you), that's just a fact.

seriously though, why not play zherdev right now? we have a whole team full of guys playing like he does? giroux, nodl, mesz, and coburn are the only ones workin out there.. i assume betts, powe, and carcillo would try too, if they ever saw the ice

So the cure for laziness is to play the one player who is notoriously known for being the laziest bitch on the team?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the cure for laziness is to play the one player who is notoriously known for being the laziest bitch on the team?

not saying cure, but he'd at least add in another skill guy who could get the puck with some room and get excited enough to play for 15 seconds

i just dont see why the other guys get a pass when Z doesn't.. his past few games he's been much better than richards, steeg, hartnell, or JvR have been in their last few.. especially JvR, has anyone even heard his name in the past month (aside from his assist on a goal that was the luckiest the flyers have had all season)?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartnell really sucked last night. I thought Briere was pretty bad too during regulation. I guess he kind of made up for it though since he was the only one who could actually score a SO goal.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea when you just shoot the puck into the other goalies mid section there really is little effort, but hey that's been the whole team attitude as of late..

I walked in the door last night just in time for the shootout to start ( 2 games straight) and I already knew what was going to happen before it did.

Shit.....who DIDN'T, right? :(

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zherdev should be the spark this team needs ha.

At the game last night, they just came out flat. One of the worst games I have ever attended in person to see. They were just boring. The offensive creativity was horrible. Honestly should of probably been shut out if the puck didnt hit a Pen D man before mike tipped it with his stick.