• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why, win or lose, Hokies still have an empty trophy case

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
some may LOL but Marshall with leftwich was no cupcake. (ftr they were top 20 when we played)

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, seems to me that you're the guy over on a UVA board. It is a resume builder for you, though.

Actually we pretty much run this forum. But that's already been pointed out to you. Don't worry, since you manned up and came back to the forum I won't get into the game tonight unless you want to go there. :)

Just don't pull any "I'm ready for basketball / baseball season to begin" jibberish. You will get harassed.

Last edited by a moderator:

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
West Virginia and Cincy don't count as big time ooc opponents. It's really too bad, because the VT team I saw play yesterday for the first time this season looked like a top tier team. It would have been good to see them against a stud program. I don't think we'll have that chance this season.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Listen to you guys ... you're all making the point of being sort of nervous about playing the big games against the big boys. There are two ways to go: basically dominate a weak ACC and rise according your record and hope for a shot, or man up against a couple of stud teams OOC every season and, if you win, get the respect. There's not really any other way. I say "ducking" because even UVA can go home and home with USC_W, Penn State, UCLA, and even TCU. There's no reason that VT can't do likewise. And that's why VT's Saragin is 22.

I'm actually not bitching at you. I'm saying that a program that has won so much ought to be looking to playing up, and nobody thinks that VT is interested. That's not my view, that's everybody's view. Weaver and Beamer need to go for the gold, or else everybody will keep dissing. Just sayin ...

You do realize that whoVa is considered a cupcake by USC and the like. Your argument is like central michigan bragging about having VT on their schedule.

You say we are acting "nervous" of course because we are playing good competition with something on the line, i.e. a big game, let us know if whoVa ever plays in one.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Avoiding the subject by attacking the questioner? That is called an ad hominum argument. The conversation has nothing to do with who UVA schedules; it's about who YOU schedule. The great teams play (mostly) great schedules. True, you've dominated a pretty crappy ACC, but don't you want to truly be in the national conversation, or are you satisfied with waiting for other teams to lose? If your team this season had one or two strong wins, the whole country would be talking you up for a shot. Now, you kind of have to root for Georgia, and then hope that you don't get leapfrogged.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep, I was at that game. And I gotta say, the refs did you no favors. Still, with this incredible streak of 10 win seasons, the only way to be in the elite conversation is to play and beat the other elites. If you end up in the Orange against a Big East opponent again, you will be getting that message ... again.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I was at that game. And I gotta say, the refs did you no favors. Still, with this incredible streak of 10 win seasons, the only way to be in the elite conversation is to play and beat the other elites. If you end up in the Orange against a Big East opponent again, you will be getting that message ... again.

I'm a trojans fan

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avoiding the subject by attacking the questioner? That is called an ad hominum argument. The conversation has nothing to do with who UVA schedules; it's about who YOU schedule. The great teams play (mostly) great schedules. True, you've dominated a pretty crappy ACC, but don't you want to truly be in the national conversation, or are you satisfied with waiting for other teams to lose? If your team this season had one or two strong wins, the whole country would be talking you up for a shot. Now, you kind of have to root for Georgia, and then hope that you don't get leapfrogged.

I think the only reason guys are bringing up UVA's scheduling because it is obvious you have no idea what you are talking about. 1) VT has never shied from scheduling big games. 2) NC caliber programs don't schedule hard OOC games all the time. It's been what, like 30 years since florida has played an ooc outside of Florida? When was the last time tOSU didn't have 2 MAC teams on their schedule? And lastly, our 'easy schedule' has a lot to do with the fact that teams like yours suck so bad.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everybody may have 2 cupcakes ooc, sure. But the best teams play people. Look you may think I don't know what I'm talking about, but if you watched the BCS broadcast tonight that's exactly what they were saying. All of this "win out" and "tcb" stuff are fine so far as it goes, but you'll never get back to the big game or even have a big opponent with computer ratings that low. The old "they won't schedule us" rant is bull. Believe it or not, I'm not cracking on you. If I were a VT fan I'd be pretty darned disappointed (happy, but disappointed) that my team is on the outside looking in again. Shoot, even Beamer has said in the media that he wishes that he some real games ooc this season.

It's pretty simple to understand why. You had a new QB coming in, so FB and your AD were a bit worried and loaded up on the sure wins. It's the same reason you've got Alabama in LT's senior season. It's that level of managing the schedule that may be fine for a middle of the road team, but it's pretty noticeable when a "top" team comes up with a schedule like yours this season. Sorry, but true.

Wouldn't it have been awesome to see VT v Wisconsin, VT v Michigan, VT v Oklahoma or Okla State, Georgia? Come on.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody may have 2 cupcakes ooc, sure. But the best teams play people. Look you may think I don't know what I'm talking about, but if you watched the BCS broadcast tonight that's exactly what they were saying. All of this "win out" and "tcb" stuff are fine so far as it goes, but you'll never get back to the big game or even have a big opponent with computer ratings that low. The old "they won't schedule us" rant is bull. Believe it or not, I'm not cracking on you. If I were a VT fan I'd be pretty darned disappointed (happy, but disappointed) that my team is on the outside looking in again. Shoot, even Beamer has said in the media that he wishes that he some real games ooc this season.

It's pretty simple to understand why. You had a new QB coming in, so FB and your AD were a bit worried and loaded up on the sure wins. It's the same reason you've got Alabama in LT's senior season. It's that level of managing the schedule that may be fine for a middle of the road team, but it's pretty noticeable when a "top" team comes up with a schedule like yours this season. Sorry, but true.

Wouldn't it have been awesome to see VT v Wisconsin, VT v Michigan, VT v Oklahoma or Okla State, Georgia? Come on.

If you take what you hear on the BCS countdown seriously you definately dont know what your talking about.ESPN is full of agenda and bias think for yourself and see the game inside the game dont just blindly follow corruption

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ you just don't get it. VT is 'on the outside' because teams like yours suck dick and don't ever win. 95% of the 'marquee' wins teams fighting for a NC have conference games. We cant help that the majority of the ACC is terrible. And as it has been explained MULTIPLE times already on this thread, VT always has big games, we did last year, and do again in all of the next coming years. Go find another school that has a list of ooc games comparable to the one 46&2 posted

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

No you tried to make a point by saying "even whoVa can schedule USC, TCU, etc etc etc", I responded by telling you it is easier for whoVa to schedule those games because you guys are considered soft. Then i went a step further to explain that these arent "big time games" because whoVa is one of the teams playing in them.

This is all in response to you saying VT "ducks" teams, and you still not answering who they have ducked or for that matter responded to the fact that VT has a bunch of big time games scheduled for the future.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who are you?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

who said that a team wouldnt schedule us?