• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why, win or lose, Hokies still have an empty trophy case

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alright fellas, have at it. You played a complete and solid game, and in my opinion your best game of the year. Us, not so much. As I had predicted, your WRs against our DBs was going to be a problem for the Hoos. If anything surprised me was how stout your run D was throughout the game. Gayle in particular had an MVP type game, but that's not to take anything away from everybody else. If we had a bright point, it was the passing game, but there are a couple of throws (like the corner to the right) that we had open but Rocco just couldn't drop the ball in.

It is what it is. Good luck against Clemson, a game that I expect you to win.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the schedule note, I heard a radio interview with Beamer before the season started in which he talked about the OOC schedule. He was trying to be diplomatic and not call the teams that were there crap, but he basically indicated that they were working on some things that didn't pan out. He knew this was a soft schedule, and he was trying to say it wasn't what was intended to be, but the timing of the deals that they made with the other schools just kind of happened this way. It's silly to say that Tech "ducks" teams, though. I think history has proven that it is not the case.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not calling Beamer a liar, but there is a lot of history on this subject that pretty much tells a different story.

The problem you guys have is that you get to a point where you have a special team or season, but you can't be in the same conversation as the big boys. That's all I'm saying. You control that.

If VT means to be regarded in the top tier, and considering that the ACC is pretty darned mediocre, you've got to have 2 intersectional games against top 20 talent, better if one is top 15 or better. Without that, it's just a broken record.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not calling Beamer a liar, but there is a lot of history on this subject that pretty much tells a different story.

The problem you guys have is that you get to a point where you have a special team or season, but you can't be in the same conversation as the big boys. That's all I'm saying. You control that.

If VT means to be regarded in the top tier, and considering that the ACC is pretty darned mediocre, you've got to have 2 intersectional games against top 20 talent, better if one is top 15 or better. Without that, it's just a broken record.

Since the early 2000's VT has done a pretty good job of scheduling top tier teams. Its hard to argue considering who we have played. As far as how "we get to be considered a big boy", it wouldnt hurt matters if some other ACC teams started living up their end of the bargain.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
On the schedule note, I heard a radio interview with Beamer before the season started in which he talked about the OOC schedule. He was trying to be diplomatic and not call the teams that were there crap, but he basically indicated that they were working on some things that didn't pan out. He knew this was a soft schedule, and he was trying to say it wasn't what was intended to be, but the timing of the deals that they made with the other schools just kind of happened this way. It's silly to say that Tech "ducks" teams, though. I think history has proven that it is not the case.

Was prob refering to the chick-fil-a game. I thought i remembered hearing that we tried real hard to get back into that, but it just didnt work out.

Also its a long shot that this ever happens but VT and Tenn have been trying to work out a game @ Bristol Motor Speedway for a long time.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was prob refering to the chick-fil-a game. I thought i remembered hearing that we tried real hard to get back into that, but it just didnt work out.

Also its a long shot that this ever happens but VT and Tenn have been trying to work out a game @ Bristol Motor Speedway for a long time.

Not sure playing Tennessee is in VT's best interest now-a-days. They are 'turribul'. Dooley can't handle the SEC competition.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not sure playing Tennessee is in VT's best interest now-a-days. They are 'turribul'. Dooley can't handle the SEC competition.

I agree in terms of SOS, but would be huge financially for both teams.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Logan will be a senior, so......it could be interesting.

I'm just talking shit, most players on this team will not be around for that game.

I hear more VT and Bama games are in the works though.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Listen to you guys ... you're all making the point of being sort of nervous about playing the big games against the big boys. There are two ways to go: basically dominate a weak ACC and rise according your record and hope for a shot, or man up against a couple of stud teams OOC every season and, if you win, get the respect. There's not really any other way. I say "ducking" because even UVA can go home and home with USC_W, Penn State, UCLA, and even TCU. There's no reason that VT can't do likewise. And that's why VT's Saragin is 22.

I'm actually not bitching at you. I'm saying that a program that has won so much ought to be looking to playing up, and nobody thinks that VT is interested. That's not my view, that's everybody's view. Weaver and Beamer need to go for the gold, or else everybody will keep dissing. Just sayin ...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
dude are you blind? we have games scheduled with tOSU, BAMA, Wisky, etc etc etc. We have played Bama, Boise, LSU, etc etc etc.

Who the fuck are we ducking?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Listen to you guys ... you're all making the point of being sort of nervous about playing the big games against the big boys. There are two ways to go: basically dominate a weak ACC and rise according your record and hope for a shot, or man up against a couple of stud teams OOC every season and, if you win, get the respect. There's not really any other way. I say "ducking" because even UVA can go home and home with USC_W, Penn State, UCLA, and even TCU. There's no reason that VT can't do likewise. And that's why VT's Saragin is 22.

I'm actually not bitching at you. I'm saying that a program that has won so much ought to be looking to playing up, and nobody thinks that VT is interested. That's not my view, that's everybody's view. Weaver and Beamer need to go for the gold, or else everybody will keep dissing. Just sayin ...

You do realize that whoVa is considered a cupcake by USC and the like. Your argument is like central michigan bragging about having VT on their schedule.

You say we are acting "nervous" of course because we are playing good competition with something on the line, i.e. a big game, let us know if whoVa ever plays in one.