• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think they are winning the Bowl. I just think they have a great deal of balance. They have the best defense in the division, the best running back, best O-Line and they have a shit load of talent at WR. With the right approach I think they can win the division.

Obviously the Packers powder puff schedule is working against me.

I can't understand why people still bring up a team's schedule as an argument, especially among divisional teams. The schedule is set up years prior based on a rotation of divisions. Within the same division, however, the Packers and Vikings have the exact same schedule, expect the Packer play two 2nd place teams from last year while the Vikings play two 1st place teams from last year.

Maybe the cupcake part comes from them having to play the Vikings twice, while the Vikings have to face the Packers twice? :noidea:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's incredible how many Bradford apologists there are. For the record we heard all these arguments when he was traded to Philly. Fact is the guy sucks. He is a captain checkdown QB with no wheels. Mediocre at best.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be some truth to this.

Maybe being on a better team with better coaching will help Bradford be more successful.

After all, other bad QBs had some decent success with better teams and coaches around them.

For example, Colin Sackorpick played in a Super Bowl.

So, it could happen.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes had Shaun Hill and no backup plan after that, what choice did they have? The time to win is now not next year. All Bradford has to do is hand the ball to AD and hit the open guy in play action. Its time to play the games!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes had Shaun Hill and no backup plan after that, what choice did they have? The time to win is now not next year. All Bradford has to do is hand the ball to AD and hit the open guy in play action. Its time to play the games!
If that's really true, why do you need trade away a 1st round pick for someone to come in and do that?

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's really true, why do you need trade away a 1st round pick for someone to come in and do that?

cause Bridgewater has a serious injury and his future is in doubt. This team showed last year that it can win with avg QB play.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the eagles should be locked up for this trade r*pe.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cause Bridgewater has a serious injury and his future is in doubt. This team showed last year that it can win with avg QB play.
Showed it can win what -- some regular season games? And before you even talk about a missed FG in the playoffs, you had 8 quarters against Seattle in your own house in Dec & Jan with that "average QB play" and couldn't score a single TD. If you know anything about the NFL, it's that "average QB play" isn't good enough to contend year in and year out.

The Vikings overreacted, plain and simple. It's ok to admit it. Another thing that's ok to admit is that playing QB in the NFL is A LOT more complex than just handing it off and throwing play action. To suggest otherwise is insulting to fans who understand the league.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Showed it can win what -- some regular season games? And before you even talk about a missed FG in the playoffs, you had 8 quarters against Seattle in your own house in Dec & Jan with that "average QB play" and couldn't score a single TD. If you know anything about the NFL, it's that "average QB play" isn't good enough to contend year in and year out.

The Vikings overreacted, plain and simple. It's ok to admit it. Another thing that's ok to admit is that playing QB in the NFL is A LOT more complex than just handing it off and throwing play action. To suggest otherwise is insulting to fans who understand the league.

showed it can get in the playoffs, and then anything can happen. With a team apparently ready to take the next step what did you suggest they do?, tough it out with Shaun Hill and waste another year of APs career. This will probably be the best team Bradfords ever played for so let the season play out and then we can over analyze it to death.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price the Vikings paid wasn’t as steep as you think it was. Consider, in 7 years in the NFL, Sam Bradford has had 6 different Offensive Coordinators. He has been on bad teams where the number one receiver would barely be a number 2 on most teams. Seriously, name a receiver that he played with on the Rams that was any good? My point is many QB’s are either better for their surroundings or worse. Sam has been obviously been in some pretty bad surroundings in his career. I think it’s safe to say that this is the best team and coaching staff he’s ever been around and for once he’ll have the fortune of being better because of it. So Packer fans by all means bash the Vikings for giving up a first round pick for a qb that has the potential to be very good, just remember a few of your first round picks over the last 10 years, Derek Sherrod, Justin Harrell, AJ Hawk. My point is 1st rounders aren’t automatic pro-bowlers, it’s a crap-shoot most times. For every Aaron Rodgers or Adrian Peterson there is a Jamarcus Russell or Trent Richardson.
Bradford is an injury waiting to happen.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bradford has never sniffed the playoffs.

Not true. His rookie year, the Rams played the Seahawks last game of the season and lost 10-3(i think) and ended up 7-9.

Also, last year the Eagles were a blunder away from winning the NFC East. You said sniff, that's sniffing!

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand why people still bring up a team's schedule as an argument, especially among divisional teams. The schedule is set up years prior based on a rotation of divisions. Within the same division, however, the Packers and Vikings have the exact same schedule, expect the Packer play two 2nd place teams from last year while the Vikings play two 1st place teams from last year.

Maybe the cupcake part comes from them having to play the Vikings twice, while the Vikings have to face the Packers twice? :noidea:

Don't get offended the Packers have one of the easiest routes to the playoffs.

Ps. You contradicted yourself in your won post.

The packers do not have the same exact schedule. Theirs is easier than the Vikings. It really shouldn't be argued.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Vince Young and RGIII ring any bells.

Bradford has a 33% comp% when pressured has a career avg yds per attempt of 6.5 yds which only Marc Sanchize and Matt Cassel have worse #'s. It remains to be seen if this deal will work but it's highly doubtful with the history and resume that Bradford has built over the years that he will be the savior for the Vikes this season.

So you named 2 out of a potential 100 or so??

2%!!!!!

Woot woot!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An observation from the cheap seats on this one.
I think fans get caught up in commodities and lose the concept for why they play the games, why fans are fans.

It's about winning. PERIOD! The Vikings see this as their opportunity. Fans of other teams coming on here with their fucking cheerleader uniform on talking outta their ass about year in and year out is classic troll bs. Viking fans just want to win a super bowl, and they have a team that darn sure could contend for one this season. Good NFL talent they got. They traded for a QB they think has the NFL experience to keep them on last year's path. It's not farfetched to think Bradshaw can play at or above what Bridgewater did last season.

All I see are Viking fans posting...Let's see how this plays out and a seattle fan not over last years playoff lose