• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the SEC Isn't As Great in Football As You Think

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butthurt-+Marc+Randazza+First+Amendment+Attorney+-.jpg

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, all caps. Nerve struck?

Anywhoo, I was talking very recent history. The history of the BCS, which includes wins by Tennessee, LSU, Florida, Bama and Auburn. That’s an impressive list of programs when you consider there were only 12 teams in the SEC at that point. No other conference has posted that kind of diversity. Sorry.

but the SEC is 'insanely top heavy' LOL. are these people trying to sound dumb?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it's flawed for everyone, you can't compare teams just against the sec.. Look at the bowl games for the last 20 years.I'm on my phone but I'm sure one of you can do this .. But look st the out come of all our "bottom feeders" & see how they did against other conferences because my understanding is that as long as you win at least 6 games then you are eligible for a bowl.. If sec wasnt very good then we would have lost more then 50% of those bowl games.. And I'm pretty sure we haven't

Bowl games are handled differently by different schools. Many of them, especially the bullshit ones that the 'bottom feeders' are playing in, are just handled like vacations or rewards for the players and coaches from northern schools. And as the article pointed out, almost all are in the backyard of the SEC school.

Head to head during the season should carry a lot more weight, but unfortunately, most SEC schools (not all, most) refuse to schedule any sort of legitimate non conference schedule, or even leave their home state for that matter. But when they do, you can see they're far from dominant

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk facts then.

In your current run, 3 teams have won titles......we're not talking back to the 40s here.

LSU, Bama and Florida. The rest of the conference is AVERAGE at best.

NOTHING you post is going to make Kentucky, Vandy, Ole Miss, MSU, any better than bottom feeders in ANY BCS conference.

NOTHING you post is going to make Georgia, Tenn, and USC any better than mid tier teams.

THOSE are facts - the SEC as a whole is NOT any better than any other conference.
The fact is more then 50%+ of the time the SEC s mid tier AND low tier teams still beat their opponent.. That is a fact ... So 8 of 12 teams > then everyone else

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl games are handled differently by different schools. Many of them, especially the bullshit ones that the 'bottom feeders' are playing in, are just handled like vacations or rewards for the players and coaches from northern schools. And as the article pointed out, almost all are in the backyard of the SEC school.

Head to head during the season should carry a lot more weight, but unfortunately, most SEC schools (not all, most) refuse to schedule any sort of legitimate non conference schedule, or even leave their home state for that matter. But when they do, you can see they're far from dominant

Translation: “We just came to go to Disneyworld, do we have to get up and play football Coach?” I’m sure............

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are top heavy. Rarely do you have more than 3 teams in ANY conference that are top 10 worthy, including the SEC.

The perceived notion of superiority is just that, a notion. SEC teams get ranked ahead based on nothing other than they are "better", not necessarily because they've proven so. Now it does help that when they've been given opportunity, they've seized it and won.

If every major conference had an undefeated team, and the SEC had one with one loss, that team would still get the benefit of the doubt over the undefeateds......because they pass the "eyeball" test or some other nonsense.

I'm not saying the SEC doesn't play good football......I'm saying as a conference, very little separates them from any other conference.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound: that's just straight up not true

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess it's just jealousy at it's highest level... Im ok with that!

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are top heavy. Rarely do you have more than 3 teams in ANY conference that are top 10 worthy, including the SEC.

The perceived notion of superiority is just that, a notion. SEC teams get ranked ahead based on nothing other than they are "better", not necessarily because they've proven so. Now it does help that when they've been given opportunity, they've seized it and won.

If every major conference had an undefeated team, and the SEC had one with one loss, that team would still get the benefit of the doubt over the undefeateds......because they pass the "eyeball" test or some other nonsense.

I'm not saying the SEC doesn't play good football......I'm saying as a conference, very little separates them from any other conference.

Oh please please please tell us you are thinking of BSU when you say this. Please!!! :pop2:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no they wouldn't. and 2004 wasn't that long ago

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until someone stands up to an SEC team in the title game it's really not a discussion.

I really wish someone would shut them the fuck up.

College football is supposed to be cyclical, well this is an awfully drawn out part of the cycle.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he jumped... And it does separate us from everyone else because we WIN when it counts!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until someone stands up to an SEC team in the title game it's really not a discussion.

College football is supposed to be cyclical, well this is an awfully drawn out part of the cycle.

:cool2:

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^
Here’s a man who gets it. Eventually it will happen, but until you knock the king from the top of the hill, the bottom line is you’re still looking up.

And for the record, you didn’t see any SEC fans STARTING ( apologies to StarBig for stealing the all caps...) this thread. Hate on bitches.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's recruiting. Kids don't want to leave the south and that is where the vast majority of the talent is. It IS a race thing, it IS a location thing and until the B1G can find a way to consistently draw elite talent out of the south, the SEC will hold court.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^
Here’s a man who gets it. Eventually it will happen, but until you knock the king from the top of the hill, the bottom line is you’re still looking up.

And for the record, you didn’t see any SEC fans STARTING ( apologies to StarBig for stealing the all caps...) this thread. Hate on bitches.

I'm talking about the conference, not a team.

If say OU wins the NC next year, it' doesn't make the Big 12 the best conference.