• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why spike the ball

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Me neither. Dallas got it's fair share of bullshit calls in this one. They can look in the mirror after this loss, and it starts with Howdie Doody.

Yep. Howdy Dowdy is not a championship coach. You can not lose games after byes especially at home. Remember his offense in 2007 versus Giants and his team today. Wasted opportunities.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the spike there, but that's not why we lost. The offense was totally dominant. The TWill drop killed what was a promising drive, and penalties killed two serious threats. Clean up a couple of costly mistakes, and we might have hung 45-50, as crazy as that sounds. What cost this game was the Cowboys inability to create pressure without blitzing. On downs we didn't send an LB or DB on a blitz, Rodgers could have taken a nap in the pocket. Give this team 1-2 legit pass rushers and you have a Super Bowl Champion

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I didn't like the spike there, but that's not why we lost. The offense was totally dominant. The TWill drop killed what was a promising drive, and penalties killed two serious threats. Clean up a couple of costly mistakes, and we might have hung 45-50, as crazy as that sounds. What cost this game was the Cowboys inability to create pressure without blitzing. On downs we didn't send an LB or DB on a blitz, Rodgers could have taken a nap in the pocket. Give this team 1-2 legit pass rushers and you have a Super Bowl Champion

Sorry disagree. Coaching cost us this game. After a bye, we were not prepared. The two penalties for too many men in game and in huddle which cost us at least 3 points and likely 10 are on the coaches. You commit those in pre-season not in a divisional playoff game off a bye. Add that with the spike where the coaches obviously told Dak what to do and then a 3 man rush, yes a 3 man rush on 3rd and 20 with 16 seconds and frankly you have the difference in the game. Rodgers played out of his mind but so did Dak, Zeke, and Dez. Their coach helped and our coaching staff sunk us! We were also at full strength and they were not. We were also at home.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I never blame one thing for a loss. You can name 10 things easy that played a big role. But the Packers don't likely win the game in regulation With time running out if we just run up to the ball and run a play. Maybe we use the extra down and score a TD to win. Maybe we just run some more clock and the Qtr ends. Heck maybe Bailey misses the field goal and we don't even tie the game or maybe Rodgers gets one play and is successful on a Hail Mary and they kick a FG anyway.

I'm not assigning blame for the final score, just pointing out another blunder when it comes to clock management at the end of a game or half. Garrett needs help in this area still. He panics and acts like time is running out when it isn't. These mistakes are always huge. Doesn't mean he isn't a good coach or one of the main reasons we got to where we did this year.. I like Garrett but pointing out mistakes and flaws is part of being a fan on a message board. Some others seem incapable of seeing that a negative comment is just that and not a condemnation of the player or in this case, coach and feel the need to defend the flag. But that is life on the Dallas board. No biggie to me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry disagree. Coaching cost us this game. After a bye, we were not prepared. The two penalties for too many men in game and in huddle which cost us at least 3 points and likely 10 are on the coaches. You commit those in pre-season not in a divisional playoff game off a bye. Add that with the spike where the coaches obviously told Dak what to do and then a 3 man rush, yes a 3 man rush on 3rd and 20 with 16 seconds and frankly you have the difference in the game. Rodgers played out of his mind but so did Dak, Zeke, and Dez. Their coach helped and our coaching staff sunk us! We were also at full strength and they were not. We were also at home.
Let me ask you this. Forget Garrett for a second. What specifically did their coach do yesterday that was so important to his team's win? Having Rodgers on your team isn't a great coaching move

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you this. Forget Garrett for a second. What specifically did their coach do yesterday that was so important to his team's win? Having Rodgers on your team isn't a great coaching move
Rodgers outplayed any coaching moves that could be made yesterday. He was simply too good. Tip the hat

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers outplayed any coaching moves that could be made yesterday. He was simply too good. Tip the hat
And that is what we knew coming in so no surprise. Dak played incredibly and showed everyone who will allow themselves to see it how good he is. But Rodgers did what he had to and like I feared got the ball last and made us pay. Agree on the tip of the hat. That's sports. Stuff doesn't always go your way.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, But they stepped up after 21-3. Rodgers was lights out and we still had a shot. Mo hurt again. Safeties late coming over on a bunch of plays, but they played with heart. They didn't give up. Th way Rodgers is playing right now, I just can't really fault the defense today.

Right,

There is no defense for what was nothing less than surgical strikes. Not all of them of course but there were so many passes that our guys were all over the receivers but the ball placement was perfect.

And how do you defend against a 56 yarder?

My only issues is this ...

Heath had to go for the arm chop first as he is making that sack. I'm no defensive coach but in the scenario when it's a bling side ...I'm sure the coaches are teaching you to chop that arm first.

Even so, how the hell did he still held onto that ball, I'll never know.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right,

There is no defense for what was nothing less than surgical strikes. Not all of them of course but there were so many passes that our guys were all over the receivers but the ball placement was perfect.

And how do you defend against a 56 yarder?

My only issues is this ...

Heath had to go for the arm chop first as he is making that sack. I'm no defensive coach but in the scenario when it's a bling side ...I'm sure the coaches are teaching you to chop that arm first.

Even so, how the hell did he still held onto that ball, I'll never know.

Watching it live, it looked like if the ball came out, Scandrick had a walk in TD

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers not fumbling there and the attempted hand off to Ty Montgomery that was fumbled and somehow ended up just falling into his arms, while his head was turned around the other direction, just showed me the Packers were getting every bounce. Cant bet good fortune and the officiating, especially w a defensive scheme in the first half that was extremely suspect

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers not fumbling there and the attempted hand off to Ty Montgomery that was fumbled and somehow ended up just falling into his arms, while his head was turned around the other direction, just showed me the Packers were getting every bounce. Cant bet good fortune and the officiating, especially w a defensive scheme in the first half that was extremely suspect
Irving was tackled on the last play lol

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was dumb, but boy we need a lot of defense help in off season.
Your defense made it a game. But honestly, the way Aaron was throwing you couldn't do much. You could use a elite passrusher and i dont see any on the board. Though. AR was on his ass running around making throws, you cant beat that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving was tackled on the last play lol

I cant recall if holding was called on the Pack O-Line at all yesterday but they held on a ton of plays

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your defense made it a game. But honestly, the way Aaron was throwing you couldn't do much. You could use a elite passrusher and i dont see any on the board. Though. AR was on his ass running around making throws, you cant beat that.
How in the hell did the defense make it a game???? The offense did.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i know what you are saying, your defense showed up. But fact of the matter is they need help.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks we need a better coach?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just out of curiosity who would you bring in ?

Garrett has his flaws as do all coaches but he can function in the Circus that Jerry sometimes brings to town

I honestly think the list is pretty short

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just out of curiosity who would you bring in ?

Garrett has his flaws as do all coaches but he can function in the Circus that Jerry sometimes brings to town

I honestly think the list is pretty short
Exactly. Name one guy that adds anything to this team over JG. I can't. I would have no problem with it if there were a Jimmy or Bill walking through the door, but I don't see that guy

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like JG. Have always been on his side. He was put to the grind this year with the Romo/ Dak decision. Listening to him talk today he made it sound good - that the team was just rolling and Dak was the best choice at the time. Something us Romo fans will ask forever- What if ?. Garrett knew that. Did he do the right thing for the team- yes . Did he really give us the best chance to win? Not sure. I just wonder what other coaches would have done. You get HFA - " you have to cash in".