• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why isn't there a bigger Miami (FL) fanbase on here?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, and that has been rumored many times as a Miami possibility.

The Orange Bowl was one thing. Where they play now is 25/30 frickin' miles away from
campus.

Thing that sucks about Tropical Park though, its still not near the campus (roughly the same distance west as the old OB was north of the Gables. Its also at a very busy intersection with the Palmetto Expway. FEMA set up their operations there after Irma and it was traffic hell. Same thing when they open Santa's Enchanted Forest there every winter. But the park itself definitely could fit a large stadium and all the parking needed.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I am a Miami fan, just don’t have it listed. As far as college, I follow the LaSalle Explorers in basketball more so. My son graduated from there and then went on to the University of Miami in Coral Gables and got his masters in tax law. Warren Sapp was there during that time. He said that Sapp used to walk around campus usually with a girl on each arm. Looking forward to the big game Saturday night. Personally, and I could be wrong, but I think it will be a tough game for Miami.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I am a Miami fan, just don’t have it listed. As far as college, I follow the LaSalle Explorers in basketball more so. My son graduated from there and then went on to the University of Miami in Coral Gables and got his masters in tax law. Warren Sapp was there during that time. He said that Sapp used to walk around campus usually with a girl on each arm. Looking forward to the big game Saturday night. Personally, and I could be wrong, but I think it will be a tough game for Miami.

Sapp would have been better off if he had walked around campus with a CPA on each arm. If nothing else,
he wouldn't be broke today.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College Football is better when Miami (FL) is good.
I hope they get back to the top.

At their best, they are the most entertaining over the top villains.
Nobody moves the marketing, entertainment, and overall swag-meter than the strutting Ric Flair style Cane

Florida and Florida State are still college teams in sleepy little southern college towns...boring in comparison.
Miami (FL) is something diffrent. But, it only works when they are full WWE rolling and running up the score.

They bring a certain type of fan.
They are the ultimate bandwagon fan base and complete un-apologetic about it.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no internet connection in a lot of jails...

Jumpman98

GO Broncos-Yankees-Bulls-ND Fighting Irish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College Football is better when Miami (FL) is good.
I hope they get back to the top.

At their best, they are the most entertaining over the top villains.
Nobody moves the marketing, entertainment, and overall swag-meter than the strutting Ric Flair style Cane

Florida and Florida State are still college teams in sleepy little southern college towns...boring in comparison.
Miami (FL) is something diffrent. But, it only works when they are full WWE rolling and running up the score.

They bring a certain type of fan.
They are the ultimate bandwagon fan base and complete un-apologetic about it.

I agree, it would be nice if all the traditional powers were playing at a solid or high level.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a tiny school and this isn’t the 90s

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer your question, they're probably all in jail or prison.