• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Indiana's fanbase so pathetic?

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic. :L

I was going to take the high road and congratulate the Heat. But anyone with eyes knows why the Pacers did not score in the last few minutes. I am pretty nonplussed though. There is no question that this year's Pacers are the better team.

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic. :L

I was going to take the high road and congratulate the Heat. But anyone with eyes knows why the Pacers did not score in the last few minutes. I am pretty nonplussed though. There is no question that this year's Pacers are the better team.

We will see in the playoffs if you are the better team. Prove it by beating us, stop talking about it in mid-December.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing I was thinking.

Indianapolis is a big ass city. Bigger than Miami
I remember Colin Cowherd talking about this during last seasons ECF. He was surprised that TV ratings were higher (by a good margin) in Miami than in Indy, even though there's a million more things to do in Miami than watch a NBA game.

Also tried to say it might be because the Pacers roster might be too dark for the fans liking. But he had no basis to make that assumption.

Last edited by a moderator:

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Colin Cowherd talking about this during last seasons ECF. He was surprised that TV ratings were higher (by a good margin) in Miami than in Indy, even though there's a million more things to do in Miami than watch a NBA game.

Also tried to say it might be because the Pacers roster might be too dark for the fans liking. But he had no basis to make that assumption.

The Malice at the Palace and some subsequent bad behavior by bad actors pretty much ran off most of the loyal game attending fan base. The Pacers have, by and large, tried to factor character and good citizenship into evaluating personnel since that time. The Pacers recent success has brought some new fans to the games. However, much of the old guard has still not returned. If you think about it, over the years you have moved up to better seats and were invited to special events involving the players, etc. Then you cancel your season tickets. Now if you go back, you start from the bottom again. Some people have chose not to.

This is not about race.

Also, the Colts more than filled the void when fans fled the Pacers. Although, it seems they may have picked up a few bad actors to fill injury voids on their roster. New territory for the Colts who usually only gave a player one strike at the most. We will see how this works out.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule #1 - Heat fans are NEVER allowed to call out another fan base. If you do: Nobody will take a diaper wearing, newbie, seriously. Just stick to being a Lebron fan. Your allegiance to the Heat will change as soon as he leaves

:laugh3:

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fact that Heat fans don't rush to their seats by at least the 2nd quarter when I see them on TV --

What an unfaithful fan base they have when they walk out on their team then regret after team makes a comeback.....don't want to miss out on all the action in the clubs on Miami Beach I guess.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fan. You quit on your team last season. You shouldn't mock other fan bases.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical shitty thread from a heat "fan." I'm surprised this clown hasn't changed his favorite team from 'Bama to Auburn. :rolleyes2:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fan. You quit on your team last season. You shouldn't mock other fan bases.

HeatFansIG.png

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebronmonsterdunk is a fag. That's a fact. He admitted on another sports site a while back to being attracted to Channing Tatum. So, I laugh at that. Stick to your tupperwear parties, sports aren't for you. Bandwagon fan.

:lol:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOUTH FLORIDA is universally considered the worst sports region in the country.

It is partly a function of many transplants (NYC/latin America) that bring allegiances to other sports teams PLUS the climate (culturally/literally) lends itself to other activities.

The Marlins and Panthers are horribly bad. Even a Billion dollar stadium could not attract fans.
The Dolphins have been okay.
The HEAT are wildly inconsistent in terms of support.
Canes football could not draw 5 figures to the final game ever at the Orange Bowl.
And you could not pay people to support Canes Basketball...

It is not an indictment of South Florida.
South Florida a great area.
It is just not a very good sports region.
There is just a lot more to do elsewhere PLUS a lot more transplants.