• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why I doubt LeBron goes ANYWHERE next summer

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope LeBron returns to Miami. He could team up w/ Whiteside & w/ the leadership of Pat Riley they could do something special together. Plus it would be entertaining to see a certain Cavs fan go completely :exploding:over that trio working together.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,931.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're at it, any idea why Russell Westbrook aka the Loyal One, hasn't signed his extension yet? It's been on the table for a long time now and guys like Harden and Wall have already agreed to theirs.

I mentioned that a few weeks ago in the NBA off-season thread.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's as good as gone and has been for months.

Reactions: DJ

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one blames, you are used to losing now. You have to keep that mentality going LOL

yeah, THAT'S the takeaway. go with that...:rolleyes2:

but i DO believe the Warriors won a title, and correct me if i'm wrong, there wasn't a LeClown James on THEIR roster...:heh:

#itcanbedonewithouthim:D

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron isnt going anywhere....he owns the state of Ohio. Only place I could see him going where he would not look like a mercenary is possibly LAL.

again- is it a SURE thing he stays in Cleveland? of course not- he has here what he will have no where else.

Not only that--- but if they use the pick to secure another player- there is no where else he could realistically go that would give him a better shot to win.

again- this comes down to some math.

The cap is set to be about 103M next year.

The Lakers COULD stretch Deng, and get rid of Clarkson. So- Deng would go out to like 5 years- about a little more than 7M a year for 5 years instead of 18M a year for the next 2 years. lets ASSUME they do that---

and assume what with Randle? just let him walk? Or pay him between 12 and 18 a year?

--- lets say they stretch Deng, get off Clarksons deal by trading him into cap space, and let Randle walk- MAXIMUM cap room. Lets say they sign George and LeBron. Whats left?

PG. Ball- 7M -
SG. Ingram- 6M
SF. LBJ- 35M
PF. PG- 31M
C. Zubac- 1.5M

bench: Nance Jr. 2M, Hart 2M, Kuzma 2M.

Deng's dead money of 7M

that equals a TOTAL of : just about 94M

that team pretty much fucking blows outside of George and LeBron for the immediate season- and has LESS than 10M (about 7M) to finish it off. Lonzo will be 21 years old for the entire season (well 20 for the very start). Ingram will be 22 for the entire season. Neither will be ready to contribute meaningfully on a championship contender.

Is LeBron going to spend the last year or two of his absolute prime baby sitting?

contrast that with playing with a team like:

PG- Isaiah Thomas
SG- Jr Smith
SF- LeBron James
PF- TT
C- Love

and that doesnt even count the Brooklyn pick OR the Cavs own first round pick. The Cavs could put together a MONSTER package of the Brooklyn pick, their own first rounder, and guys like Osman and Zizic- EACH who would have been first rounders in the passed years draft- for a VERY good player or two.

LeBron would have to decide to LEAVE Cleveland, to go to a team that has no chance of winning to babysit. Doesnt make any sense.

You just can't get out of your own way, can ya pooky?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope LeBron returns to Miami. He could team up w/ Whiteside & w/ the leadership of Pat Riley they could do something special together. Plus it would be entertaining to see a certain Cavs fan go completely :exploding:over that trio working together.

Wiggy isn't a cavs fan. He couldn't find Cleveland on a map between 2010 and 2014

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would date that girl TJF12 as long as we did not need to converse. Basically, I would bring Chilis takeout to the hotel room

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say- for being a relatively dead period for basketball- the Cleveland Indians are CERTAINLY a great watch right now!!!!!

wowowowowwowowowowowwwwowwowowowoww

upload_2017-9-13_15-20-42.jpeg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I previously said......
No surprise.
21 in a row!!!!

get pumped! Go TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ole Terry Francona is just a GREAT manager. fun team to watch. Lindor is a legit superstar. Miller comes back today!

116 years of the American League and no one has a longer streak.

Cool to see LeBron repping the home town team and getting excited about sports success in The Land. ;)

I saw your Heat took another step to making sure they dont have any cap room for the foresseable future though!

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for the Indians Wiggy. Any rumors yet about which superstar they will land using the Nets pick? Who would keep LBJ in Cleveland?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for the Indians Wiggy. Any rumors yet about which superstar they will land using the Nets pick? Who would keep LBJ in Cleveland?
nothing that I have heard.

Will be dependent on what happens during the season I would suspect.....I mean- if RW gets hurt- why not Paul George? If Memphis sucks, why not Conley and or Gasol? if the Pelicans suck, why not Cousins?

Id consider a Drummond/Bradley package from the Pistons if they wanted to blow it up......maybe Porzingis gets pissed and wants out of NY.....they could prob go get LaMArcus Aldridge and Danny green in a 3 way trade tomorrow if they wanted to.....

OR--- just keep it and package their own pick, Zizic, or Osman, or whatever---- and try and get a Bledsoe or something and then just move the pick in the offseason------

depends on the Nets too- if the Nets really blow that pick will continue to gain value.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21 in a row!!!!

get pumped! Go TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ole Terry Francona is just a GREAT manager. fun team to watch. Lindor is a legit superstar. Miller comes back today!

116 years of the American League and no one has a longer streak.

Cool to see LeBron repping the home town team and getting excited about sports success in The Land. ;)

I saw your Heat took another step to making sure they dont have any cap room for the foresseable future though!

baseball? really...?

#thankGodforfootball

#Suckeyes0-1:D