• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why has ND not lived up to its recruiting?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the title of the thread, its original post and my post flew right over your head. Here, I will make it really simple for you to understand. WISCONSIN is a team who has finished higher ranked at the end of the season in 6 of the last 9 seasons and in none of those seasons has Wisconsin ever had a better/ higher ranked recruiting class. Capiche' - understand - comprehend. That was the point. I get it you missed that.

The title of this thread is why Notre Dame has not lived up to its potential. Ok, now its your turn to go and rant and rave about some tangent that has nothing to do with the original post, or well any fucking thing for that matter. He used Oregon and Stanford as his examples. Maybe you want to rant about them.

The truth is Notre Dame has out recruited Oregon, Stanford and Wisconsin consistently yet they have often underperformed and many of those years ended up with a lower ranked team at the end of the season for the most part with the exception of last year.:L

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still say this years team was better than Wisconsin and say that things are starting to trend in the right direction.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the simple fact that next year we will have a quarterback with some modicum of athleticism is going to be a big plus. In 46 games over 4 years Rees rushed for - 128 yards, need I say more. Do you think things become a little bit precitable when your quarterback can't move.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the title of the thread, its original post and my post flew right over your head. Here, I will make it really simple for you to understand. WISCONSIN is a team who has finished higher ranked at the end of the season in 6 of the last 9 seasons and in none of those seasons has Wisconsin ever had a better/ higher ranked recruiting class. Capiche' - understand - comprehend. That was the point. I get it you missed that.

The title of this thread is why Notre Dame has not lived up to its potential. Ok, now its your turn to go and rant and rave about some tangent that has nothing to do with the original post, or well any fucking thing for that matter. He used Oregon and Stanford as his examples. Maybe you want to rant about them.

The truth is Notre Dame has out recruited Oregon, Stanford and Wisconsin consistently yet they have often underperformed and many of those years ended up with a lower ranked team at the end of the season for the most part with the exception of last year.:L

Who is this team you speak of?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND "joined" the ACC at the right time. FSU game next year should be epic. Looking forward to the return of Golston. ND should be awesome.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your hard on for Wisconsin is obtuse.

Wipe your ass with it then and insert either Oregon or Stanford as sort of a suppository. You seem a little bound up with lodged stool.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed ND has been better than Wisconsin for the past two years but barely this year. ND has played a tougher schedule than Wisconsin in recent years, but rankings consider SOS and this year's final rankings showed Wisconsin as just a couple of points below ND. Also, Wisconsin's cupcake schedule included ASU, Ohio State and South Carolina.

However, the point isn't really about how good Wisconsin is or if Wisconsin has done more with less than ND. The point is, whywork and I feel like ND has not played to its potential. It seems like we have done less with more compared to numerous other teams. If we had another QB this past year we probably would have had a better record but why do you blame Rees? Was Rees in charge of recruiting, player development, play calling? Was the starting QB position decided by Rees and did Rees make sure that ND had no depth at the QB position?

I really hope for a good season next year. I dread the prospect of hiring a new coach. There are good things about BK and some bad. We all have room for improvement and BK is a smart man and I'm sure he is working on his shortcomings. I'm just not homer enough to say BK has done the job as well as anybody could.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed ND has been better than Wisconsin for the past two years but barely this year. ND has played a tougher schedule than Wisconsin in recent years, but rankings consider SOS and this year's final rankings showed Wisconsin as just a couple of points below ND. Also, Wisconsin's cupcake schedule included ASU, Ohio State and South Carolina.

However, the point isn't really about how good Wisconsin is or if Wisconsin has done more with less than ND. The point is, whywork and I feel like ND has not played to its potential. It seems like we have done less with more compared to numerous other teams. If we had another QB this past year we probably would have had a better record but why do you blame Rees? Was Rees in charge of recruiting, player development, play calling? Was the starting QB position decided by Rees and did Rees make sure that ND had no depth at the QB position?

I really hope for a good season next year. I dread the prospect of hiring a new coach. There are good things about BK and some bad. We all have room for improvement and BK is a smart man and I'm sure he is working on his shortcomings. I'm just not homer enough to say BK has done the job as well as anybody could.

Just played in the NC game two years ago...good luck inserting Oregon, Stanford or LOL Wisconsin there. Last year was without our starting QB, still only loss 4. Beat a 1 loss MSU B1G champ, USC and a very good ASU team.

We're alright.

Last edited by a moderator:

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just played in the NC game two years ago...good luck inserting Oregon, Stanford or LOL Wisconsin there. Last year was without our starting QB, still only loss 4. Beat a 1 loss MSU B1G champ, USC and a very good ASU team.

We're alright.

I tend to believe there are a lot of folks out there that think now and thought then that Oregon would have given Alabama a much better game, myself included. Let's face it we got our ass handed to us on a platter. And that being said even last year we had a ton of close games where we eeked out wins. As far as Wisconsin , this was their first year with a new head coach and they still ended up ranked only one back in the AP and ahead in coaches poll and BCS final standings.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to believe there are a lot of folks out there that think now and thought then that Oregon would have given Alabama a much better game, myself included. Let's face it we got our ass handed to us on a platter. And that being said even last year we had a ton of close games where we eeked out wins. As far as Wisconsin , this was their first year with a new head coach and they still ended up ranked only one back in the AP and ahead in coaches poll and BCS final standings.

You still talking about Wisconsin?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND has not played up to the level of their recruiting, no doubt about it. Or their recruiting has been severely over rated.

You know where that problem lies. Coaching.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has hence NC game last year.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kelly's turning it around

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering where Notre Dame football was after Davey, Willingham, and Weis it is finally starting to turn around.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND has not played up to the level of their recruiting, no doubt about it. Or their recruiting has been severely over rated.

You know where that problem lies. Coaching.

:bullshit: That's it. Couldn't find a shake my head, still appropriate.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching isn't that bad, they are going to have more players drafted this year than any year in a long time. Things are starting to come around they do need more depth at some positions like QB and DT but they aren't devoid of talent at those positions.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching has been pretty good. We have great recruiting, but issues with retention. We are winning more games and beating ranked opponents, but we are also playing down to the level of our weaker competition. We have more players entering the NFL, but we also had players like Rees and Farley that were sadly our best options. Many of us scratched our heads over the play calling this past year and some of us feel like BK has been outcoached a number of times in his tenure at ND.

I think a coach's most challenging task is recruiting and BK and his staff have been masterful in this aspect. In light of ND's lofty academic standards, the recruiting has been nothing less than outstanding. With the recruits we are picking up, ND should be a consistent top 10 program. BK has plenty of room for improvement and if BK can step up where he has underperformed, we will see the Irish kickin' some serious football ass!