• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Do You Suppose We Haven't Heard A Peep About Deflategate?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're postulating that it has simply run its course and nothing more. I can't recall any "smallest of stories" that got blown up to the level of Deflategate news coverage on every fucking channel simply because it was the off season.

Please give me a straight forward answer to the question I posed in post #8. If the Patriots lost the Superbowl and had a losing record right now, would the media be so uninterested in peddling the story? You can't possibly answer that it would be the non story that it is today. I'm not talking just the Hoop. Sports media has virtually dropped anything to do with it.

It simply pains to admit that it's the Patriots and Tom Brady himself who have quieted the coverage.

Of course it wouldn't be the non-story it is today. People would be asking the question of why this great franchise that has been winning for so many years gets caught cheating and all of a sudden now is losing. Of course that would be a huge story in the NFL.

Yes the Patriots have helped to quiet the conversation with their play so far this year. I would say it is helped though by the season and something to talk about other than Deflategate as well. Then you throw in the fact that it is in the court system with no big updates in a long time. So what can be said now that wasn't said 100 times this summer? Everybody just moved on.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it wouldn't be the non-story it is today. People would be asking the question of why this great franchise that has been winning for so many years gets caught cheating and all of a sudden now is losing. Of course that would be a huge story in the NFL.

Yes the Patriots have helped to quiet the conversation with their play so far this year. I would say it is helped though by the season and something to talk about other than Deflategate as well. Then you throw in the fact that it is in the court system with no big updates in a long time. So what can be said now that wasn't said 100 times this summer? Everybody just moved on.

Well thank you; quite reasonable.

Everybody may have moved on but they'll return to the subject when the Patriots lose.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thank you; quite reasonable.

Everybody may have moved on but they'll return to the subject when the Patriots lose.

I think they would have to lose a few games in a row. I would say more now it would be the injuries have just piled up and while injuries are no excuse they do still play a role in why a team loses sometimes.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

The biggest cheating scandal to hit the NFL in years seems to have totally faded into oblivion. Why doesn't anyone want to talk about it anymore?
Kind of like a bad fender bender....move along folks, nothing here to see.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come November 2016 we won't be hearing a peep about New England's 1st round pick either.

Nope. But everyone will still be trying to figure out how the hell to beat the Patriots again because they'll be 9-0 and scoring 30+ points a game with a 39 year old QB.

And the Rams..........will still suck....

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread is asking why we stopped talking about it Darrell. Would we have stopped if the Patriots were struggling?

Just admit that we would still be throwing up threads and posts about it if that was the case and I'll drop it.

Jesus Christ give it a rest already. The entire country, less butt hurt Pats fans, are so done with this topic. We stopped talking about it because it's over, been over for months.

You got what you wanted. Brady won and is playing, you are sticking it to Goddell and the rest of the league by playing like the top team, and here you are still complaining. And you wonder why so many hate Pats fans?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down son. You won't be done with this topic when they lose...and I don't give a fuck if you hate Pats fans.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down son. You won't be done with this topic when they lose...and I don't give a fuck if you hate Pats fans.

Oh man just when I thought you guys couldn't get any more insufferable. You asked why nobody is taking about it anymore, several of us have answered your question. Your contention that it would surface again should they start to lose is pure speculation yet you prance it out as fact.

Now stop acting like a little bitch and enjoy your team's perfect season. That's what I would do.

Last edited:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone actually thinks the Patriots are not cheating yet in some way then you are just as ignorant as Patriot fans. "Everyone is doing it" "Free Hernandez" right Pats fans?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone actually thinks the Patriots are not cheating yet in some way then you are just as ignorant as Patriot fans. "Everyone is doing it" "Free Hernandez" right Pats fans?

The stupid is strong in you.:thumb:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it's run it's course but the Brady and the Patriots have pretty clearly shown it didn't mean much in terms of the gameplay. i.e. more an issue of gamesmenship vs "a threat to the very sanctity of the game" if anything.

In terms, of who did what, and what people knew and didn't know. Most don't care that much anymore.

Move of the football public have accepted it for that and moved on.

It will never go away entirely because they'll always be those pathetic, what's the word??, what's the word??, Losers? who have nothing else to worry about.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a Pats fan I would be really pissed off as it appears Brady is having one of his best seasons of his career and it is because he is actually using properly inflated footballs.

Think how much he held this team back the last 10 years using under inflated footballs. He could have won many more super bowls if he would have been using proper footballs.

Pats fans should be pissed off at Brady for holding the team back the last 10 years

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a Pats fan I would be really pissed off as it appears Brady is having one of his best seasons of his career and it is because he is actually using properly inflated footballs.

Think how much he held this team back the last 10 years using under inflated footballs. He could have won many more super bowls if he would have been using proper footballs.

Pats fans should be pissed off at Brady for holding the team back the last 10 years

:L

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The same reason people aren't talking about Robin Williams' suicide any more.