• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who's your GOAT?

Who's the greatest player of all time?

• Wilt Chamberlain

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Bill Russell

• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Larry Bird

• Magic Johnson

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Michael Jordan

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Shaquille O'neal

• Tim Duncan

• LeBron James

• Other (specify)

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best

th

Favorite

th

Best.

giphy.gif

Favorite.

giphy (1).gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In honor of wiggy.

4YOj1Or.gif

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that he's already beaten the Warriors. So no, it wouldn't.

Also, stop with the "MJ never faced a team like the Warriors" nonsense too. Guess what? The Warriors have never faced a team like MJ's Bulls either.

When it comes to championships, Lebron isn't going to catch MJ and Kareem and it's very unlikely that he's going to catch Magic.

That means there is one thing left that he can do that none of those all time greats did...lead 3 different teams to championships. That would do far more for his resume than beating the Warriors.
No, he hasn't beaten this "Warriors team". What he beat was the 73-9 team without the Finals MVP KD.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the rise of the Celtics, I'm not even sure lebron makes it to another finals, let alone beats the Warriors.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is working his way up the ladder. The year he is having, in his 15th season, is crazy

With only 3 titles (and probably thats it for his career) and the 3-5 Finals Record. Nowhere near even being in the conversation. He's gonna need at least two more championships and 2 FMVPs to be in the conversation

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan is GOAT, Shaq SHOUD have been to be honest. Shaq's early 2000-2002 domination was godly with those post season numbers and 3 straight Championships FMVPs

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that he's already beaten the Warriors. So no, it wouldn't.

Also, stop with the "MJ never faced a team like the Warriors" nonsense too. Guess what? The Warriors have never faced a team like MJ's Bulls either.

When it comes to championships, Lebron isn't going to catch MJ and Kareem and it's very unlikely that he's going to catch Magic.

That means there is one thing left that he can do that none of those all time greats did...lead 3 different teams to championships. That would do far more for his resume than beating the Warriors.

He beat the Warriors without Durant. The current version is an all time great team and has a chance to be THE all time great team. The 2015 version was really good, but not nearly on the same level as the KD Warriors.

A title on another roster would be great and all, but if it were with somebody like Philly 3 years from now, it wouldn't be nearly as impressive as a title with Cleveland this year against an all time great team.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Warriors this year... You really think the Bulls would lose to this team? ROFLMAO. These Warriors couldn't even beat the 91-93 Bulls.. Much less the 96-98 ones and would lose to a HOST of teams from the past (like Larry's Celtics, Bad Boy Pistons, Magic's Lakers, Shaq/Kobe lakers etc), Warriors may not even win the title this year or even make the finals.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He beat the Warriors without Durant. The current version is an all time great team and has a chance to be THE all time great team. The 2015 version was really good, but not nearly on the same level as the KD Warriors.

A title on another roster would be great and all, but if it were with somebody like Philly 3 years from now, it wouldn't be nearly as impressive as a title with Cleveland this year against an all time great team.

All this being said, I don't think he will get another title, so passing MJ in people's minds is not likely to happen. I think he has done enough to pass Kareem and Magic though, or at least have a really spirited debate about it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Warriors this year... You really think the Bulls would lose to this team? ROFLMAO. These Warriors couldn't even beat the 91-93 Bulls.. Much less the 96-98 ones and would lose to a HOST of teams from the past (like Larry's Celtics, Magic's Lakers, Shaq/Kobe lakers etc), Warriors may not even win the title this year or even make the finals.

How about if we save this conversation until June?

There is literally no point in having it now. But no, I don't see anybody beating the Warriors this year barring significant injury(s). Because judging a battle tested team on November games is beyond pointless.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily lebron is Goat

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Warriors this year... You really think the Bulls would lose to this team? ROFLMAO. These Warriors couldn't even beat the 91-93 Bulls.. Much less the 96-98 ones and would lose to a HOST of teams from the past (like Larry's Celtics, Bad Boy Pistons, Magic's Lakers, Shaq/Kobe lakers etc), Warriors may not even win the title this year or even make the finals.

I don't remember the bulls winning 73 games, or ever going 15-1 in the playoffs let alone playing a similar team statistically. Jordan had the benefit of playing in an easy watered down era and a lot of luck from never having injuries to major players. They obviously won't ever play but the warriors are better statistically then any bulls team period. Lets face it you are in a tough situation. Either you cheer for lebron and hope he wins but that would add to lebrons legacy of beating the best team of all time or you hope the warriors win but then they surpass the bulls teams. Lose lose for jordan slurpers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the bulls winning 73 games, or ever going 15-1 in the playoffs let alone playing a similar team statistically. Jordan had the benefit of playing in an easy watered down era and a lot of luck from never having injuries to major players. They obviously won't ever play but the warriors are better statistically then any bulls team period. Lets face it you are in a tough situation. Either you cheer for lebron and hope he wins but that would add to lebrons legacy of beating the best team of all time or you hope the warriors win but then they surpass the bulls teams. Lose lose for jordan slurpers

Jordan fans can always root for the Spurs/Celtics/Rockets to take down the Ws. Not impossible.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan fans can always root for the Spurs/Celtics/Rockets to take down the Ws. Not impossible.

Yeah i think that is what he is doing. By his hoping they don't make it lol

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:noidea: Yeaaaa... I don't remember the Bulls ever blowing a 3-1 series lead either especially in the finals on the biggest stage. Stats are nonsense anyways. The East was better in the 90s than the West is now and definitely the weak ass East is now. I don't care about the Cavs with Rose probably ultimately gone anyways before the end of the year. . Warriors are showing this year they are fools gold anyways. And you really think they would have gone 15-1 if Leonard didn't go down and Parker was injured? Hell they may not even have made the finals if Spurs were full healthy and Spurs were placing the BEATDOWN on them (without Parker mind you) before Leonard got injured on their HC. . Never as good as advertised. I wouldn't even put them in top 8 teams all time. Much less with teams like the '96 Bulls or 2001 Lakers or 86 Celtics who would EASILY whip the shit out of them.

And ROFLMAO @ the Warriors this year. Showing they don't belong to be at the table with MJ's Bulls.

Soft one dimensional team. Always has been,

And bottom line difference is blowing a 3-1 series lead. We all know Jordan would NEVER let that happen. Thats why Jordan is Jordan and Warriors are soft as piss

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He beat the Warriors without Durant.

Yeah, he beat the 73 win Warriors instead. You know, the Warriors team that was historically good. lol

Thing is, he's not beating the Warriors unless they lose KD and one of Steph, Klay or Dray.

Also, if he somehow did beat them, 20 years from now, no one would be talking about who was on the Warriors team he beat. But they would be talking about how he's the only player in history to lead 3 different teams to a title.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has done enough to pass Kareem and Magic though, or at least have a really spirited debate about it.

Completely disagree. Especially with Kareem.

If he wins another title, then it might be worthy of a spirited debate. But if doesn't win another title, he's stuck at #4 all time.

If he does win one with his current team, then I'd say he passes Magic. But to even debate passing Kareem, he'd need 2 more titles or leading a 3rd different team to a title, imo.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spoken like someone who didn't see any games in that era.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree. Especially with Kareem.

If he wins another title, then it might be worthy of a spirited debate. But if doesn't win another title, he's stuck at #4 all time.

If he does win one with his current team, then I'd say he passes Magic. But to even debate passing Kareem, he'd need 2 more titles or leading a 3rd different team to a title, imo.

I am not going to argue because it is close. The point is that there is a very small gap between 2-4.