• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's The "Face" Of The MLB?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Trout, Harper or Kershaw.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Babe. His nickname was Babe.

Baby Ruth is a candy bar.

latest

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice attempt to play off your ignorance. Not buying it, but nice try all the same.

Sure. I'm so ignorant I don't know the most popular baseball player of all times nickname.

Let me ask, you ever seen The Sandlot? "Some woman signed it. Her name was Baby something."

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I'm so ignorant I don't know the most popular baseball player of all times nickname.

Let me ask, you ever seen The Sandlot? "Some woman signed it. Her name was Baby something."

I gotta give you credit. You keep trying.

Still not buying it.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're killing me, Smalls.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a face of the mlb?
Yup, pretty much always. Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, Williams, Robinson, Mantle, Mays all the way up to the modern days with guys like Griffey Jr, Bonds (whether you like him or not), Clemens, Jeter, etc. It's not always the guy we all want but it's there and can vary from each fans POV. But pro sports always needs and wants a focal point to sell their product.
As for the OP's list, I agree that Mike Trout is admired by everybody and rightfully so but he shies away from the adulation and doesn't seem to want this. While Stanton is a stud and true fans of the game admire the guy, I think his market hurts him. If he were to move on at some point to a large market team and as much as anything, a perennial contender, he would definitely be in the conversation. Aaron Judge has that going for him. Love or hate the Yankees, there is no denying that they are always in the spotlight. Bryce Harper, might be the biggest superstar out there and will get paid like it for sure but I'm not sure if the league wants his volatile nature after all the negative things they have dealt with the last 2 decades with PED's and shit. They need a more positive product to sell to the masses, imo. Other's may think different and that's okay too. I think you could add guys like Lindor in there as well and some of those young guys on the Cubs. There are a lot of great young players in the game right now and some really likable guys.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Posey.

But, there might be a wee bit of homer bias in that answer