• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would you rather have.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon or ty Hilton

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full keeper

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call. If push came to shove I'd take Hilton right now.

Hilton... Colts are hot garbage, top to bottom. Not even sure Luck can save them but it will help Hilton's value immensely. But word is they are looking for help on offense in the draft.

Gordon... A lot of unknowns to account for with him. Quite a gamble to roll with him but the upside is there. There's plenty to be excited about but the history of this franchise makes it unstable and hard to predict.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call. If push came to shove I'd take Hilton right now.

Hilton... Colts are hot garbage right now, top to bottom. Not even sure Luck can save them but it will help Hilton's value immensely.

Gordon... A lot of unknowns to account for with him. Quite a gamble to roll with him but the upside is there. There's plenty to be excited about but the history of this franchise make it unstable and hard to predict.
correct ,

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dynasty format, I want Hilton. I don't want to worry about one damned roach or positive test from "second hand smoke" ruining a spot I'm depending on one guy holding down for years. Wish Gordon the best and I truly hope he's got his life turned around, but I don't trust him any further than I can throw him.

Redraft, gimme Gordon, I'm only out one season..big deal, I'll make it up some other way

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking Hilton. I don't think I would have Gordon on my list if I was drafting for a dynasty. I wouldn't consider him unless he was hanging around in the 13th round or something. Someone is going to take him way before then, I would think.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it depends on the rest of your roster. Sure Gordan is a risk and most likely going to mess up again, but not every player on a roster is there for long term purposes. If it was nobody would own a older star player.
Right now I'm not sure I'd want to bank on Hilton rebounding, but be a nice get for depth. Gordon on the other hand would go directly into my lineup most likely, unless I was already stacked at WR.
So if I had a real need for a starting WR I'd take Gordon, if I was already set with good starting WRs...... IDK might still take Gordon because I not sure I like Hiltons future short term or long term right now at least.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was going to point out that Gordon's numbers are down which is not encouraging for a last place team that kept their HC.
But as Harold mentioned, Gordon is 1 failed test from a permanent ban. As in forever!
In a keeper league, Hilton has 3 or 4 failed tests cusion. Gimme Hilton.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was going to point out that Gordon's numbers are down which is not encouraging for a last place team that kept their HC.
But as Harold mentioned, Gordon is 1 failed test from a permanent ban. As in forever!
In a keeper league, Hilton has 3 or 4 failed tests cusion. Gimme Hilton.

No reason you have keep Gordon long term. Think he’s motivated enough to stay out of trouble for a season or two, seeing how hard it was to restart his career. He’s very capable of being one the top WR in the league. He does that his value skyrockets to much more then a 28 year Hilton coming off a terrible season and no way of knowing if Luck is actually OK.

Then you start entertaining trade offers.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen both sides.
Bob Probert was given a last chance with the Blackhawks after cocaine suspensions.
He responded well and finished his career with respect..
Theo Fleury was given a similar last chance with the Blackhawks after alcohol ruined his career.
He said the right things and went through the motions but got caught again.
Ended up in some Irish hockey league. No pun. Really.

I guess this is my way of saying I don't trust Gordon.

Or as Michael Scott would say, "Fool me once, strike 1. Fool me twice, strike 3."

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen both sides.
Bob Probert was given a last chance with the Blackhawks after cocaine suspensions.
Theo Fleury was given a similar last chance with the Blackhawks after alcohol ruined his career.

Or as Michael Scott would say, "Fool me once, strike 1. Fool me twice, strike 3."

I usually feel the same, but I make exceptions for uber talented players that have big seasons on their resumes.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually feel the same, but I make exceptions for uber talented players that have big seasons on their resumes.
Maybe this is all personal feelings, since I don't like players that squander opportunities, but in my story above Probert did things in the public eye and with the community to show he was serious about staying clean. Fleury didn't. My guess is Gordon isn't either.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is all personal feelings, since I don't like players that squander opportunities, but in my story above Probert did things in the public eye and with the community to show he was serious about staying clean. Fleury didn't. My guess is Gordon isn't either.

Well all he has to do is stay clean for one season. He’s clearly capable of coming up big. Then you think about trading him, but that’s just me.:nod:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually if Gordon is like top 5 halfway thru the season his value will be way up there and that might not be a bad time to sell either. Guess I'm optimistic on his ceiling. This off season will be the challenge, if he makes it thru that I think he can make thru the actual season.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen both sides.

Less than a year after Fleury officially retired from hockey, Bob Probert was dead.

Had CTE.

Always liked him a lot. Flawed hero...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually if Gordon is like top 5 halfway thru the season his value will be way up there and that might not be a bad time to sell either. Guess I'm optimistic on his ceiling. This off season will be the challenge, if he makes it thru that I think he can make thru the actual season.

If he's top 5 halfway through the season I will shit a golden brick and ship it you in Seattle Harold. Gimme Hilton all day long and twice on Sundays. I went through this shit with Gordon the year he was supposed to come back in October or November and then he "voluntarily" check himself into rehab right before he was supposed to come back since he knew he was going to fail another test. This guys gives new meaning to fucking stupid. Even when he knew he had to stay clean he couldn't do it. There is no chance he gets through this season without failing another drug test. He's going to have one game that he has 1 catch for 8 yards and quits on his team again in the 3rd quarter and he'll get benched and then he will go and get high after the game. He's on the list of guys I wouldn't draft because I refuse to root for him.