• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would you prefer as Romo's Back up?

Romo's Back Up

• Moore

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Manziel

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Griffin

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Veteran

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Rookie

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A back up QB should be someone who gives you at least a shot at winning a game or two. I would not feel comfortable at all with Moore as the #2. Sure he had 400 yards, but it was the last game of the season against a Skins team who was already ahead and injured in the secondary.

Honestly we mismanaged our QB situation and should have stuck it out with Weeden and actually given him a chance to succeed. That is on our coaches.

Cassel should have never been here IMO.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A back up QB should be someone who gives you at least a shot at winning a game or two. I would not feel comfortable at all with Moore as the #2. Sure he had 400 yards, but it was the last game of the season against a Skins team who was already ahead and injured in the secondary.

Honestly we mismanaged our QB situation and should have stuck it out with Weeden and actually given him a chance to succeed. That is on our coaches.

Cassel should have never been here IMO.

I agree with that about Cassell. That's why I think it is important to be in a system for awhile. I know some backups - Gabbert, Mallet, Weeden with Houston won games in their first year with their system but it's hard. I agree and even said Moore threw for 400 plus in garbage time. I think though we are looking too much at arm strength thing here. He doesn't have a great arm or even a good arm, but in that garbage time he was ripping that deep out to WIlliams.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that about Cassell. That's why I think it is important to be in a system for awhile. I know some backups - Gabbert, Mallet, Weeden with Houston won games in their first year with their system but it's hard. I agree and even said Moore threw for 400 plus in garbage time. I think though we are looking too much at arm strength thing here. He doesn't have a great arm or even a good arm, but in that garbage time he was ripping that deep out to WIlliams.
Oh by no means do you need an elite arm to succeed in the NFL. I just don't see anything in Moore worth keeping.
Our coaching and play calling hasn't helped our back ups at all.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by no means do you need an elite arm to succeed in the NFL. I just don't see anything in Moore worth keeping.
Our coaching and play calling hasn't helped our back ups at all.

i keep him as a #3 and draft the #2 and allow him to develop behind Romo. no more crappy FA's

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the majority who have voted have faith and feel comfortable with Moore winning games for us if/when Romo goes down?

You have to give your team the best chance to win in any circumstance. Romo going down has been the circumstance lately, Moore isn't the best chance. The best chance isn't on the team yet.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the majority who have voted have faith and feel comfortable with Moore winning games for us if/when Romo goes down?

You have to give your team the best chance to win in any circumstance. Romo going down has been the circumstance lately, Moore isn't the best chance. The best chance isn't on the team yet.
Maybe I missed it but it sure seemed to me most want 3 QB and fine with Moore being one of um.

silly me...but I actually think Moore was the second best QB to play in Dallas this past season. The guy has a great feel for the game. Looks off receivers and surveys the field wonderfully. Everything is there except for the arm, and like Garrett in the 90's....I consider him a great #3 working with a young drafted QB behind Romo

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I missed it but it sure seemed to me most want 3 QB and fine with Moore being one of um.

silly me...but I actually think Moore was the second best QB to play in Dallas this past season. The guy has a great feel for the game. Looks off receivers and surveys the field wonderfully. Everything is there except for the arm, and like Garrett in the 90's....I consider him a great #3 working with a young drafted QB behind Romo
The question was who would you want to be Romo's back up. So that means you be fine with Moore playing games if needed. I wouldn't. He may have been the 2nd best QB this season, but the others to play did horrid.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question was who would you want to be Romo's back up. So that means you be fine with Moore playing games if needed. I wouldn't. He may have been the 2nd best QB this season, but the others to play did horrid.

Matt Cassell career TD /int- 101/77

I keep seeing Matt Moore- 33/28

I think Matt Moore is Ok , but Cassell was the vet backup , former Pro Bowler, etc. I don't know how any team wouldn't think they were OK with Cassell or even Weeden. My opinion on this doesn't hold a lot because of how I feel about Romo, but just maybe he is as good as his gaudy numbers suggest. How do u think GB fares if Tolzein is their starter? My point is good starting Qbs mean a ton. Now 12-4 may have had some luck with it in 2014. I do think 10-6 though is the kind of team we are healthy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get past the idea that after Romo went down the first time for sure and maybe even the second time Garrett forced the QBs and play callers to play not to lose. Take no chances, throw screens on 3rd and 18 and don't push the ball down the field and let others win the game. This is exactly what he learned to do as a backup QB, but this isn't the 1990s Cowboys. I'm not saying we are a great team without Romo, but I put a big part of the blame for how this team collapsed on the coaches. Cassel and Weeden are not horrible backups IMO and I'm not sure Houston without Arian Foster has more talent than the Cowboys. Once Moore got in the season was over and he was given a chance to just play Football. I don't think he is anywhere near the QB either of those other two is right now, but he is a young kid and maybe the team sees possible improvement in his future whereas the other two are likely at or past their peak.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get past the idea that after Romo went down the first time for sure and maybe even the second time Garrett forced the QBs and play callers to play not to lose. Take no chances, throw screens on 3rd and 18 and don't push the ball down the field and let others win the game. This is exactly what he learned to do as a backup QB, but this isn't the 1990s Cowboys. I'm not saying we are a great team without Romo, but I put a big part of the blame for how this team collapsed on the coaches. Cassel and Weeden are not horrible backups IMO and I'm not sure Houston without Arian Foster has more talent than the Cowboys. Once Moore got in the season was over and he was given a chance to just play Football. I don't think he is anywhere near the QB either of those other two is right now, but he is a young kid and maybe the team sees possible improvement in his future whereas the other two are likely at or past their peak.
Exactly, I thought Cassell would be more aggressive than Weeden was but he too was handcuffed. When I saw Weeden play in Houston, I switched my blame from the QB's to the coaches.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep our coaching staff handcuffed Weeden
while I don't think he is in any shape or form the future of a team he was shortchanged in his opportunity here

kinda explains why we cant adjust at halftime in some ways. Are they scared to fail ? by taking more chances.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post, won't disagree with much other than perhaps weeden and cassel not being bad QB's. The plays that were required in the limited offensive objective the coaches imposed were seldom made. Weeden has no feel for the game and looks to fall down when people are at this feet or in his face....cassel is just done. I think a Moore and a Weeden type are #3's. I prefer a guy who got to this point in his football career due of his feel for the position. I don't think either should play a meaningful snap unless the first two options are hurt and/or playing extremely bad.

I saw enough of Moore to want him in the room with Romo and a drafted rookie all next year. The guy just might be a huge asset in the development of said drafted rookie QB and, IMO a sure fire future coach.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I saw enough of Moore to want him in the room with Romo and a drafted rookie all next year. The guy just might be a huge asset in the development of said drafted rookie QB and, IMO a sure fire future coach"

My guess is the team agrees with you or they wouldn't have given him so much PT. I think his struggles guarantee we draft QB relatively early. I think if he "set the world on fire" they lock him in as the backup and possible future starter and probably don't draft QB. If they didn't play him at all I would say it would have meant they don't have future plans for him.