• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins the AFCE showdown?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 division games yes. 4 and 5 ridiculous
Maybe a bit of overkill but probably better than 2 teams battling it out for the division and seedings playing out of conf games where one gets mayge a Jags or Jets match-up and the other gets a Ravens or Chiefs. Just an example, mind you but I remember a few years back guys complaining about how their team got screwed by the schedulers.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosh... Bills play Pats games are within 3 weeks. Same for Browns/Ravens. Vikings play Bears within 4 weeks.

Really think division games should be separated by 5-6 weeks.... timing of injuries could really impact the season series for 2 very important games.

I kinda thought it was interesting how the schedule makers did that this season. It gives the hotter team an opportunity to take the division. I wouldn't want that every season but I thought it was cool to mix it up a bit.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it cause it brings the best out of everyone against their rivals with division/WC on the line. Must see TV.
sure it does. thats why im a proponent of a set (3 games) in the last month of a schedule. even 4 is acceptable.

while this year is turning the 5 division games at the end for my team as an ok outcome, I was pissed when I saw the schedule come out.

this is a game of attrition, health matters so to stack every division game but 1 smack at the end of a schedule is asinine imo and would never typically be in any teams favor.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure it does. thats why im a proponent of a set (3 games) in the last month of a schedule. even 4 is acceptable.

while this year is turning the 5 division games at the end for my team as an ok outcome, I was pissed when I saw the schedule come out.

this is a game of attrition, health matters so to stack every division game but 1 smack at the end of a schedule is asinine imo and would never typically be in any teams favor.
I take it as controlling your own fate. Some teams start getting hot mid way through the year and what better time to play good football against your division.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it as controlling your own fate. Some teams start getting hot mid way through the year and what better time to play good football against your division.
so you'd favor just playing the NFCW the entire last 5-6 weeks in a row every year?

divisional games are a different breed, in the NFCE, I like to savor a bit more the matchups sprinkled about the year.

personal preference but id guess many feel as I do

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you'd favor just playing the NFCW the entire last 5-6 weeks in a row every year?

divisional games are a different breed, in the NFCE, I like to savor a bit more the matchups sprinkled about the year.

personal preference but id guess many feel as I do
I think that would be very entertaining, if it's doable.

Imagine all 8 division leaders 10 games in, getting knocked down to the 6th and 7th seed or simply out of the playoff.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that would be very entertaining, if it's doable.

Imagine all 8 division leaders 10 games in, getting knocked down to the 6th and 7th seed or simply out of the playoff.
Ha! especially with the unpredictable nature of division games

Still, I remain in favor of NO more than 3 division games at the end of the schedule

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! especially with the unpredictable nature of division games

Still, I remain in favor of NO more than 3 division games at the end of the schedule
I'm going to pay close attention to the final standings of the WFT. If they get even close to winning the NFCE I think the NFL will try to schedule more Divisional games for all teams down the stretch. Now if Dallas basically ends the NFCE race after the Dal/WFT game I'd bet the NFL tries hard to keep it down to 3 or 4 Divisional games at the end.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to pay close attention to the final standings of the WFT. If they get even close to winning the NFCE I think the NFL will try to schedule more Divisional games for all teams down the stretch. Now if Dallas basically ends the NFCE race after the Dal/WFT game I'd bet the NFL tries hard to keep it down to 3 or 4 Divisional games at the end.
I don't appreciate our team being the guinea pig lol

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to pay close attention to the final standings of the WFT.
admit it, you'd be paying close attention, regardless :lol:

you are old enough to remember the days of Cowboy Redskin rivalry glory

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
admit it, you'd be paying close attention, regardless :lol:

you are old enough to remember the days of Cowboy Redskin rivalry glory
In all honesty, until Dallas started playing like highschool freshman, I thought they'd have already wrapped up the East by this week.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, until Dallas started playing like highschool freshman, I thought they'd have already wrapped up the East by this week.
they started out strong. they often do. we shall see

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo is favored by 3.
Patriots are on a 6 game winning streak.
Buffalo has not beaten a team with a winning record this year!

Who ya' got?
I tell ya what...at Buffalo might be the difference.

I know this, there were very few with me thinking Jones was the second best QB pick. So glad SF went in a different direction. Jones was made for a ready to win team

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosh... Bills play Pats games are within 3 weeks. Same for Browns/Ravens. Vikings play Bears within 4 weeks.

Really think division games should be separated by 5-6 weeks.... timing of injuries could really impact the season series for 2 very important games.
I like how they have backloaded these divisional games. Makes for more exciting games and hopefully games where teams aren't sitting their starters come week 16. Makes for lots of good drama.