• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who will win the NFC East?

Who will win the NFC East?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants and Cowboys totally fell off at the end of last season and Redskins played well. Redskins are the only team that seems to have a home field advantage so its hard to pick against them.
If Romo and Bryant are healthy I think they're a lock. Once Romo got hurt last year the Cowboys should have probably just canceled the rest of their season.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Dez they are more role players. But you can't ignore how much better Dez is than D Jax. It isn't even close. I take the great WR over a group of decent ones any day. Butler looks like he may be a player to watch, Beasley is great at what he does even if what he does may seem small to people who just look at stats and Williams is still young enough to improve or at least get back to where he was as a #2. Nowhere have I said the Dallas 2-5 guys are great. My point is Washington guys are not.

Look at this

Ranking the NFL's four best receiver groups

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers, Broncos, Colts boast top receiving units in NFL today

Granted last year that group was:

5. Giants
4. Lions
3. Colts
2. Broncos
1. Packers

So their prediction last year when seen on the field went 0-5 at getting them back in the top 4 this year. I can see why people would take that with a grain of salt seeing the failure of last years list.

You are missing my point. Jarntt just dismissed the Redskins WR and TE core. He think I was talking out of left field b/c I am a Redskins fan. Just showing an unbiased opinion here.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing my point. Jarntt just dismissed the Redskins WR and TE core. He think I was talking out of left field b/c I am a Redskins fan. Just showing an unbiased opinion here.

But that ranking isn't really apples to apples unless he was including TE's receiving abilities which I don't think his post was about. As purely receiving threats, I think Reed offers more than Witten at this stage of his career which favors Washington in that website.

The flip-side is him talking depth 2-5 favoring Washington at WR. I really don't see that on his side. He brings up Beasley being great at what he does, but ignores Garcon being by far the most clutch guy on 3rd down of the backup group and money in a couple of those comebacks where Williams really struggled. He brings up Williams youth, but ignores Crowder and Doctson both being a lot younger.

God that's a tough debate. I was leaning Dallas at purely the receiver position because I think a healthy Dez is a lot better than a healthy Jackson. And having the truly elite #1 is by far better than the depth to me. The other vets (Crowder/Garcon vs. Beasley/Williams) are about as straight up even as I can think of.

Its tough, does that mid-late first round pick of Doctson off-set the Dez > Jackson? That to me is really what this comes down to. I was leaning no, as he's an unproven rookie (see Nelson Agholor lol). But man, that's also Kelvin Benjamin, Cooks, Hopkins, DT, Dez, Maclin, Bowe draft range in the draft there. Chances are he'll show a lot of skill.

I usually do have an opinion I'll go for but here, jeez, at the WR position it's a wash to me.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that ranking isn't really apples to apples unless he was including TE's receiving abilities which I don't think his post was about. As purely receiving threats, I think Reed offers more than Witten at this stage of his career which favors Washington in that website.

The flip-side is him talking depth 2-5 favoring Washington at WR. I really don't see that on his side. He brings up Beasley being great at what he does, but ignores Garcon being by far the most clutch guy on 3rd down of the backup group and money in a couple of those comebacks where Williams really struggled. He brings up Williams youth, but ignores Crowder and Doctson both being a lot younger.

God that's a tough debate. I was leaning Dallas at purely the receiver position because I think a healthy Dez is a lot better than a healthy Jackson. And having the truly elite #1 is by far better than the depth to me. The other vets (Crowder/Garcon vs. Beasley/Williams) are about as straight up even as I can think of.

Its tough, does that mid-late first round pick of Doctson off-set the Dez > Jackson? That to me is really what this comes down to. I was leaning no, as he's an unproven rookie (see Nelson Agholor lol). But man, that's also Kelvin Benjamin, Cooks, Hopkins, DT, Dez, Maclin, Bowe draft range in the draft there. Chances are he'll show a lot of skill.

I usually do have an opinion I'll go for but here, jeez, at the WR position it's a wash to me.

I know Dez is better than all of them when healthy. but no way does Dallas have better WR or TE depth. I refuse to believe that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Skins and Cowboys have really strong depth at WR, imo. I like Doctson and Crowder, but the comparison between the two team's WR's/TE's is more of a pissing contest than anything.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Dez is better than all of them when healthy. but no way does Dallas have better WR or TE depth. I refuse to believe that.

I agree 100%. As a corps, ugghh.. Dez makes that so tough to pick. It really is a who do you like for me. And I don't like either equally lol.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. As a corps, ugghh.. Dez makes that so tough to pick. It really is a who do you like for me. And I don't like either equally lol.

Fucking Iggles fans, can't live with them can't kill them.....

I think it comes down to who has the most irritating owner.

JJ is a dick. No argument.

But Snyder.... He is like an uber rich, not witty John Oliver....

And he has the circumcised balls to stick with the Redskins as the team name. And love that logo. Using my Skins towel at the pool tomorrow.

If Williams was as good as I'd hoped he was going to be (Alvin Harper II) no question it's Dallas.

If Cousins was as good as a healthy Romo Washington would really light things up.

But I think it's a tie.

Dez outweighs depth.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked both owners when they made all the roster decisions... Honestly I like Jerry more. He hired his son as CEO and loves Garrett. I dislike Snyder more for bringing in Allen and McLoughlan. lol

Dez outweighs depth, to a point. Calvin might be the best receiver the past 10 years but nobody would call that the best WR corps. Same with Texans the past couple years.

I really was on Dallas' side for that exact reason you mention about Dez till I decided to look at what could be expected from Doctson. Doctson is an unknown, but figure recent wideouts in that 20-24 range are Agholor, Cooks, Wright, DT, Dez, Percy, and Bowe. That really surprised me as you have 6 of the 7 being major impace WR's early on. Really that's the reason that pushes me to sit on the fence here. Still not willing to call their group better (could have drafted a bust in which Dal wins out), but history says Doctson has a better chance of being elite than a bust.

And hell, it wouldn't be too much of a surprise if Giants are by far the best corps.. IF (and this is a big if) Cruz and Nicks are back healthy... That's probably the most talented but injury wrecked unit there. And pair that with a QB that loves throwing to his wideouts.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked both owners when they made all the roster decisions... Honestly I like Jerry more. He hired his son as CEO and loves Garrett. I dislike Snyder more for bringing in Allen and McLoughlan. lol

Dez outweighs depth, to a point. Calvin might be the best receiver the past 10 years but nobody would call that the best WR corps. Same with Texans the past couple years.

I really was on Dallas' side for that exact reason you mention about Dez till I decided to look at what could be expected from Doctson. Doctson is an unknown, but figure recent wideouts in that 20-24 range are Agholor, Cooks, Wright, DT, Dez, Percy, and Bowe. That really surprised me as you have 6 of the 7 being major impace WR's early on. Really that's the reason that pushes me to sit on the fence here. Still not willing to call their group better (could have drafted a bust in which Dal wins out), but history says Doctson has a better chance of being elite than a bust.

And hell, it wouldn't be too much of a surprise if Giants are by far the best corps.. IF (and this is a big if) Cruz and Nicks are back healthy... That's probably the most talented but injury wrecked unit there. And pair that with a QB that loves throwing to his wideouts.
Plus the giants have a new rookie Shepard as well so who knows

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he has the circumcised balls to stick with the Redskins as the team name. And love that logo. Using my Skins towel at the pool tomorrow.

If Williams was as good as I'd hoped he was going to be (Alvin Harper II) no question it's Dallas.

If Cousins was as good as a healthy Romo Washington would really light things up.

But I think it's a tie.

Dez outweighs depth.

First year as starting QB

Romo 64.4 comp% 4,211 yds 36 TD 19 INT 66.5 QBR
Cousins 69.8 comp% 4,166 yds 29 TD 11 INT 70.1 QBR

I just share the FACTS...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First year as starting QB

Romo 64.4 comp% 4,211 yds 36 TD 19 INT 66.5 QBR
Cousins 69.8 comp% 4,166 yds 29 TD 11 INT 70.1 QBR

I just share the FACTS...

Fuck facts.....

Cousins hasn't proved diddley fart, not that Romo has.

I still think a healthy Romo with a healthy Dez, etc and you guys will be sucking the hind teat.....

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck facts.....

Cousins hasn't proved diddley fart, not that Romo has.

I still think a healthy Romo with a healthy Dez, etc and you guys will be sucking the hind teat.....

I know, right? "fuck facts..." it's what a lot of foolish SportsHoopla posters, and people of this once great country live by these days.

good luck with that.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, right? "fuck facts..." it's what a lot of foolish SportsHoopla posters, and people of this once great country live by these days.

good luck with that.

Good luck with your Redskins. I mean that. I recently bought a freezer mug and beach towel of your boys. Love your logo.

If (and I know it's a huge if) Dallas stays healthy the only part of them you will see is their poop chute.

And for the record, your country is still pretty fucking great, it's just fucked up by the moral majority and Roger Goodell...