• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will the new Head Coach be?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To date, I think about 4 or 5 guys have been interviewed...the guys with HC experience are being interviewed this week...Ryan and Marrone. Not sure if Daniels has already been interviewed or not...from the NE tree, he's the only one that will ensure that Dimitroff stays.

What do you guys think?

I'm getting the feeling that Blank will go with Ryan because he can bring a proven OC (Marty Morningwig) with him.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a good feeling that Ryan would actually be a good choice.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a good feeling that Ryan would actually be a good choice.

I tend to agree...His detractors all point to his losing record in NY...the Jets sucked the last few years, but Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez would make Don Shula look bad.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for Todd Bowles but every day it's looking like Atlanta is banking on Dan Quinn wanting to take the job. It's still unclear whether that is what will happen since we can't even talk to him until Seattle is either knocked out of the playoffs or they win the Super Bowl. If we do that, most if not all of the other options will be off of the table.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for Todd Bowles but every day it's looking like Atlanta is banking on Dan Quinn wanting to take the job. It's still unclear whether that is what will happen since we can't even talk to him until Seattle is either knocked out of the playoffs or they win the Super Bowl. If we do that, most if not all of the other options will be off of the table.

They have down a pretty good job of spin control Night...the front runner has changed 3 times now...Rex wanted too much personnel power...no offer, took another job, concern about Bowles' OC, no offer, took another job.

The spin locally aftet those guys took other jobs was they felt Quinn was the best interview and best fit. Probably the same reports that you've heard from Schefter...Quinn is the guy and Kyle Shanahan is the projected OC...can't formerly announce until after the SB.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's almost confirmed that Quinn will come to Atlanta after the Super Bowl.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's almost confirmed that Quinn will come to Atlanta after the Super Bowl.

Yep...just can't formerly announce...seems like a good hire...I didn't like Shanny's OFC in WAS, but doubtful he will try to run the read option with Matt.

Sounds like Dimitroff has been kicked upstairs and Piololi is picking the players I'm guessing with input from Quinn...so what does McKay do now?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have down a pretty good job of spin control Night...the front runner has changed 3 times now...Rex wanted too much personnel power...no offer, took another job, concern about Bowles' OC, no offer, took another job.

The spin locally aftet those guys took other jobs was they felt Quinn was the best interview and best fit. Probably the same reports that you've heard from Schefter...Quinn is the guy and Kyle Shanahan is the projected OC...can't formerly announce until after the SB.

The big question about Quinn is whether he can do more with less in Atlanta. We don't exactly have the talent they do on defense. I doubt Seattle will either once they have to pay Russell Wilson and they lose a lot of cap room for other positions. Either way, I'm excited to see what happens in free agency and the draft this offseason. We will probably see a handful of guys leave in free agency too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question about Quinn is whether he can do more with less in Atlanta. We don't exactly have the talent they do on defense. I doubt Seattle will either once they have to pay Russell Wilson and they lose a lot of cap room for other positions. Either way, I'm excited to see what happens in free agency and the draft this offseason. We will probably see a handful of guys leave in free agency too.

Night...Quinn is getting sort of a ho hum response so far locally in terms of the hire...your 1st sentence is largely the reason, secondly his staff hires, especially OC has been sort of lukewarm.

I look at it this way...he's basically Mike Smith all over again...but with a SB ring...maybe two.

I think the Falcons are 2 players away on DEF from being a playoff caliber team...Nolan was a pretty good DC, but I think Quinn will bring some renewed energy on that side of the ball. Piololi...(I don't like this promotion really) will have a fair amount of cap money to work in FA... I expect them to be in the market for a playmaker on the DL/LB, and use the #8 pick to get another one.

With 4 picks within the top 100 or so players in this draft I think we'll see a nice jump this season, and next season ATL could be back to winning 10-11 games a year. I hope Julio is signed to a reasonable deal...just give him a $40 mil/6yr deal all guaranteed

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's done. Dan Quinn was named the head coach just like we thought.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's done. Dan Quinn was named the head coach just like we thought.

Yep...heard his presser...talks the part better than Smitty...let's hope he has the same early success.