• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will the Cowboys draft in the first round

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sitting there and taking the best guy on the board at 27. I'm not worried about RB as much as I am getting the best players I can. This team still needs more talent from head to toe. I don't want to go into the season with our 4 man group that we have right now, but I would if we had to...

Definitely nothing wrong with that approach. I just don't see any elite talents that will be there at #27 that are must have any more than Coleman. All the good CB's are likely to be gone. The pass rushers at #27 aren't demonstrably better than the guys you can get in the second. I would be happy with getting Coleman and an extra pick to add to depth.

You said it yourself, we need more talent. More is better in this case, I believe.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hearing that Carr's agent is saying that he won't take a pay cut. If not, cut his ass after June 1st and CB in 1st round becomes a number one priority. Wouldn't take any RB in the 1st (having flashbacks of Felix Jones) :bored2:.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hearing that Carr's agent is saying that he won't take a pay cut. If not, cut his ass after June 1st and CB in 1st round becomes a number one priority. Wouldn't take any RB in the 1st (having flashbacks of Felix Jones) :bored2:.
1st round flashbacks include Felix Jones.....they also include Double Deuce

nutz6977

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe defense is the way to go with the first two picks. The Hardy signing may blow up in our face and it's only a one year deal. With that being said I draft the best CB, DE, or LB available the first two rounds to groom behind newly signed FA's. I like McFadden behind our line. To hell with the 4.3 speed. Emmitt ran like a 4.7 at his combine and look where that got him. McFadden on a team where he is not facing eight man fronts and has a good OL and he could be fun to watch. Lot more needs that RB at the top of the draft.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe defense is the way to go with the first two picks. The Hardy signing may blow up in our face and it's only a one year deal. With that being said I draft the best CB, DE, or LB available the first two rounds to groom behind newly signed FA's. I like McFadden behind our line. To hell with the 4.3 speed. Emmitt ran like a 4.7 at his combine and look where that got him. McFadden on a team where he is not facing eight man fronts and has a good OL and he could be fun to watch. Lot more needs that RB at the top of the draft.

If healthy I have no doubt McFadden can produce. That's a huge if though. I won't say reach for a running back, if there's nobody worthwhile when we're picking in the first 2 rounds don't just take one to take one. With that said, I would love a back in the first 2 rounds.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue your point of view. We sure could use 3/4 defensive contributors from this draft.
Dallas should let the draft come to their board and draft accordingly. I still can't believe I'm posting this but they've earned my trust till they don't. I like Coleman. He was very good on an average team at best in college. I'm good if Dallas passes on him, but I think a RB within the first 4 selections is reasonable. I don't want to be all in with McFadden, dunbar and company

nutz6977

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue your point of view. We sure could use 3/4 defensive contributors from this draft.
Dallas should let the draft come to their board and draft accordingly. I still can't believe I'm posting this but they've earned my trust till they don't. I like Coleman. He was very good on an average team at best in college. I'm good if Dallas passes on him, but I think a RB within the first 4 selections is reasonable. I don't want to be all in with McFadden, dunbar and company

I agree completely in the third or fourth round. Don't get me wrong, I would love for us to be in a position where we could afford to burn a top pick on a stud RB. But I also see what Marinelli did last year with Lee, D Lawrence, and Mo hurt and a bunch of other peoples left overs. While I think Lawrence will be even better I am still not sold on Lee and Mo staying healthy for a whole season. I believe putting our faith in Hardy (possible suspension?) and McClain (unsigned) leaves us with bigger question marks other than what we currently have at RB. It would be nice to see what Marinelli could do with some young talent. Imo.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good enough for me. I think Stephen gets discredited far too much -- for no other reason than being Jerry's son.
The apple usually doesn't fall very far from the tree.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The apple usually doesn't fall very far from the tree.

Name an example of Stephen harming the Cowboys over the past few years...

Stephen, as of the past few years, is usually the one cleaning up Jerry's mess. I haven't seen anything but good stuff out of Stephen for a while now. It's like this fan base is just waiting for the other shoe to drop with him. Give him a chance, he hasn't disappointed yet.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they go CB in the 1st round and cut Carr after June 1st (and save the $8Mil cap hit). Just the smart think to do here considering Carr's refusal to take a pay cut with his pathetic production and enormous contract. Dude's contract hit is comparable to some of the top CBs in this league...almost, no it is, laughable. Simply can't justify keeping this guy if he refuses a pay cut....no way around it. With Mo's situation (will he even be ready to play at all this season?), and the need to sure up the CB spot, I would be surprised here if they didn't go CB in the 1st round. I am certainly not using my 1st round pick on a system back like Gordon or any rehab player like Gurley. If AP became available before or during the draft, I would have no problem at all with them trading our 1st round pick for him, otherwise, it's a CB in the 1st.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they go CB in the 1st round and cut Carr after June 1st (and save the $8Mil cap hit). Just the smart think to do here considering Carr's refusal to take a pay cut with his pathetic production and enormous contract. Dude's contract hit is comparable to some of the top CBs in this league...almost, no it is, laughable. Simply can't justify keeping this guy if he refuses a pay cut....no way around it. With Mo's situation (will he even be ready to play at all this season?), and the need to sure up the CB spot, I would be surprised here if they didn't go CB in the 1st round. I am certainly not using my 1st round pick on a system back like Gordon or any rehab player like Gurley. If AP became available before or during the draft, I would have no problem at all with them trading our 1st round pick for him, otherwise, it's a CB in the 1st.
WTF Dude, another post about trading our 1st round pick for AP? Bow down to the King of the football clueless:L

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, now it appears Randy Gregory will slide to us in the 1st. I hadn't given him much thought before his positive test for weed. But this will surely drop him into our range. I like the player, but I don't like the story. Supposedly he last smoked in December, yet he failed a test in Feb. A guy who is tall and lean and exercises regularly should not have failed that test if he last used in December unless his usage rate was above 4 times a week. That doesn't give me a good vibe about him at all.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I'm ready for the draft. But I keep reading we won't have a first round pick anyway because we are going to use it on AP...:bounce:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, now it appears Randy Gregory will slide to us in the 1st. I hadn't given him much thought before his positive test for weed. But this will surely drop him into our range. I like the player, but I don't like the story. Supposedly he last smoked in December, yet he failed a test in Feb. A guy who is tall and lean and exercises regularly should not have failed that test if he last used in December unless his usage rate was above 4 times a week. That doesn't give me a good vibe about him at all.
I doubt Gregory makes it out of the top 10 anyway. The mosttalented pass rusher in the draft . One things for sure, if he made it to 27, he'd never see 28

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't see Gregory dropping that far. I still think we go DT or CB at 27

Anything is possible. I've heard he has had 3 failed tests in 15 months. I can see him as an addicted user. Gordon anybody?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gordon is really good, but Gurley and Coleman might fit better in the Cowboys scheme

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Failed two tests that he's addmitted to at Nebraska. So you assume he stopped in time for football season and then hopped back on in December at a rate of 4 or more times per week. That is a LOT of weed my friends. Unless - he did the dumbest thing ever and smoked inside of a month before testing in Feb. Either case, he is lying about his timeline of use OR he is a habitual user bordering on addict "when not in season". That is sure to drop him.