• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will the Cowboys draft in the first round

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are gonna need a RB, but whether they go first round or later depends on whether there is a run on the position or not IMO. If gordon and gurley are gone by their first round pick, they might have to spring for coleman. If it looks like no one is going to draft RBs till later, they can wait till the 2nd to get one.
Coleman is a player that won't be in the 3rd round. If we want him, it will have to be in round 2.
Frankly, I'm not sure he doesn't leapfrog Gurley.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman is a player that won't be in the 3rd round. If we want him, it will have to be in round 2.
Frankly, I'm not sure he doesn't leapfrog Gurley.

I doubt he's around in the 3rd too. If they want one of the top 3 backs, they're gonna have to use their 1st or 2nd rounder to get him. Since their picks are late in each round, they may well have to spring for one of them in the first round because all 3 might be gone by the mid way point of the 2nd.

Or they could stand pat and pick up a guy like TJ Yeldon in the late 2nd or 3rd easily. I guess it all depends on how big a need Dallas considers the position and whether or not they think their current stable can handle the load now that Murray is gone.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true...can't make plays unless you're on the field. Mo needs to play for any shot at staying in Dallas beyond this coming season....which is my point, cut him or not it's the same cap it. I think he's given every opportunity and pretty sure Dallas's brain trust views it the same way. I also think the brain trust is seeing more than "very little effort onto his rehab." I don't think the wisdom at VR is that outta sorts with their players.

I could very well be wrong about Mo's rehab, and I certainly do not pretend to know more than the coaching staff when it comes to Mo. But I have read a few reports this off season about how Claiborne's recovery was going slow, and that he wasn't taking it as seriously as he needed to. The time table for recovery is approx. 6-8 months. Theoretically, Mo should be about done his rehab in the next month or two. Instead, we are hearing how he is likely to miss camp, again. And this was the same story last off season, when he took forever to rehab an injury and ended up missing camp. Similar story his rookie year, too. I just don't see the want to.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he's around in the 3rd too. If they want one of the top 3 backs, they're gonna have to use their 1st or 2nd rounder to get him. Since their picks are late in each round, they may well have to spring for one of them in the first round because all 3 might be gone by the mid way point of the 2nd.

Or they could stand pat and pick up a guy like TJ Yeldon in the late 2nd or 3rd easily. I guess it all depends on how big a need Dallas considers the position and whether or not they think their current stable can handle the load now that Murray is gone.
IMO, if they don't go Gurley, Gordon or Coleman in the first round, they may not take a back at all. With McFadden, Randle, Williams and Dunbar all in the fold, they can probably add a bigger defensive upgrade after those top guys are gone

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the best option for Dallas in the draft would be to trade back from the end of rd 1 into the top end of rd 2. Grab Coleman at the top of rd 2, and hopefully pick up a 3rd. But I would definitely wait to see if Gordon or Gurley fall.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think McFadden might do some good next year, but I'll be real disappointed if we don't draft a RB by the 4th round after reading about the group in this draft

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think McFadden might do some good next year, but I'll be real disappointed if we don't draft a RB by the 4th round after reading about the group in this draft

I think McFadden is a real wild card. if he still has game breaking speed (which is yet to be determined) I can see him being very good behind this line. But I agree that not taking a RB this year would be a huge mistake with all the available talent out there.

Last edited:

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he could, yeah. Haven't given up on the kid. There were 31 other teams that would have taken him in the top 10, talent isn't the issue. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Rod gets it out of him.
I think it's a Hell of a lot more realistic than the Cowboys trading for AP Greg :pound:

Um, never said that they would trade for AP, only a possibility if he became available? Vegas thinks so as well, as they still have him listed as the favorite in a trade lol. What's the odds for Mo being a pro bowler out of the fucking blue this season other than your silly clown theory??

Like I said before here, I live in the real world with the rest of the population, where some here live in a make believe spin world.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the best option for Dallas in the draft would be to trade back from the end of rd 1 into the top end of rd 2. Grab Coleman at the top of rd 2, and hopefully pick up a 3rd. But I would definitely wait to see if Gordon or Gurley fall.
Excellent call

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, never said that they would trade for AP, only a possibility if he became available? Vegas thinks so as well, as they still have him listed as the favorite in a trade lol. What's the odds for Mo being a pro bowler out of the fucking blue this season other than your silly clown theory??

Like I said before here, I live in the real world with the rest of the population, where some here live in a make believe spin world.
What?!?! You never said Dallas would trade for AP? Dude, call Hammer, someone hacked you......

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McFadden is a real wild card. if he still has game breaking speed (which is yet to be determined) I can see him being very good behind this line. But I agree that not taking a RB this year would be a huge mistake with all the available talent out there.
Hopefully McFaddens 4.3 speed is still at least a 4.5. I saw fellow Hog Felix Jones was running 4.8's at the vet combine lol

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully McFaddens 4.3 speed is still at least a 4.5. I saw fellow Hog Felix Jones was running 4.8's at the vet combine lol

I haven't seen McFadden play in the past two years, so I have no idea how he looks. Hopefully he hasn't lost too much of his acceleration. McFadden used to have the top end speed 99.9% of guys dream about, if that is still there, things could get interesting. I just remember all the huge running lanes Murray ran through last year, and also remember how he got caught from behind a lot.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen McFadden play in the past two years, so I have no idea how he looks. Hopefully he hasn't lost too much of his acceleration. McFadden used to have the top end speed 99.9% of guys dream about, if that is still there, things could get interesting. I just remember all the huge running lanes Murray ran through last year, and also remember how he got caught from behind a lot.
I was listening to a former GM discussing McFadden, he thought McFadden still had it, but thinks he is an odd fit, in that he doesn't wait for the hole to develop. He said Dallas may linehim up at 8 yards deep instead of 7, as he is hitting full speed as he gets to the line

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While you may have never said outright a trade would be made but you sure the hell wasn't dropping the idea even as others pointed out how dumb the idea was. Sure glad you are not in charge at Valley Ranch.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boy I seem to be in the minority, but if we come out of the first round and a half with only Coleman I'm going to be a lttle PO'd. I'd rather skip RB altogeher than do something like that. IMO we wait to see who drops to round 3 or further...

If we do take a RB in the first two rounds I hope it's because of our draft board and not forcing the position.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys catch a bad break in that only 2 QB's go in the top 27. The best thing that could happen to the Cowboys is 6-7 OL and 5-6 WR's go in the 1st round

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I seem to be in the minority, but if we come out of the first round and a half with only Coleman I'm going to be a lttle PO'd. I'd rather skip RB altogeher than do something like that. IMO we wait to see who drops to round 3 or further...

If we do take a RB in the first two rounds I hope it's because of our draft board and not forcing the position.

I would be just happy with Coleman in the first round and a half, considering in that scenario we would have 3 more picks in the next round and a half. Dallas could target Holliman from Louisville with their 2nd. Grab a Dlineman and LB in the 3rd. That would work just fine for me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sitting there and taking the best guy on the board at 27. I'm not worried about RB as much as I am getting the best players I can. This team still needs more talent from head to toe. I don't want to go into the season with our 4 man group that we have right now, but I would if we had to...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the BPA approach, but with need as balancing factor. As of right now I see CB as the #1 need, especially if Carr is released due to the cap and the questions on Claiborne's health. I. Do feel Mo will finally be the guy we traded up for.