• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will the Cowboys draft in the first round

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he free falls...I'd expect Dallas to pass a well.
No?

Would be interesting. You'd have those banging the table to take him and the other half demanding we pass. I'm sure a few teams have removed him from their boards altogether or at the very least dropped him out of the 1st round.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we'll get to decide since he's probably still a top 15 pick but I'd probably pass on him anyway. If we took him I could be sold pretty quickly but I just see too many guys that can't help themselves of late.

I still would not be opposed to trading down, assuming we got a 2nd and 3rd for the pick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Hurd isn't in Town any more, so bring him on!!!

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now taking him off the board completely should not be done. Mj is closer to getting legalized and/or the punishment being more lenient - esp in the NFL. It becomes more or less which is more important to him? Football or weed. It seems like he was up front about his use, talked to 29? teams at the combine about it. Admitted it then, possibly b/c he figured he'd fail the test or they did enough reseach at his stops thru college to figure he smoked a bit. This is not one of those players a la Josh Gordon where he absolutely had no control and got him kicked off teams. He is a smart individual, he prolly pushed the envelope (3rd time Pelini kicks you off the team). To me it seems more that he lacks judgement at times or thinks he's too smart for his own good. Lots of guys just deny it until they get caught. I think someone takes the plunge in the first, but I wonder if Dallas would considering the move to get Hardy seems more likely to be a one year and gone deal.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be interesting. You'd have those banging the table to take him and the other half demanding we pass. I'm sure a few teams have removed him from their boards altogether or at the very least dropped him out of the 1st round.
That's going to happen regardless. I don't see Dallas buying in on this guy with their first selection. Not with the three DE's they have now. Apparently, this guy is Josh Gordon. I'd give odds Dallas won't take him with their first selection.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with the three DE's they have now.

That's the #1 reason I say don't take him. BPA is a great plan unless you have much greater needs elsewhere? If this team had no pressing needs at CB, LB, and DT we could simply go boa but I think we need to weight in needs too.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold Jerry doesn't grab him if available. He will probably think about how we passed up on Randy Moss. Gregory is a stud.......but it remains to be seen if he can keep his nose clean. We'll find out I suppose either way, but I doubt he drops that far.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold Jerry doesn't grab him if available. He will probably think about how we passed up on Randy Moss. Gregory is a stud.......but it remains to be seen if he can keep his nose clean. We'll find out I suppose either way, but I doubt he drops that far.
He wasn't afraid of Hardy....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy is easily cutable. 1st round draft picks not so much. if we miss on hardy what is the long range damage?
You're 100% right on that, I meant he wasn't afraid of the negative PR or potential suspension for Hardy. Even though we are talking about a 1st rounder, 1st round pay is only about half what it once was and you get the players rights for 5 years plus a couple more if you tag him

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're 100% right on that, I meant he wasn't afraid of the negative PR or potential suspension for Hardy. Even though we are talking about a 1st rounder, 1st round pay is only about half what it once was and you get the players rights for 5 years plus a couple more if you tag him

I don't think the PR would be anywhere near the Hardy level. To me you're comparing apples to oranges.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible. I've heard he has had 3 failed tests in 15 months. I can see him as an addicted user. Gordon anybody?
I would like to see Jerry draft Gordon.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory at 27??? I'd really have to hear something bad to not jump all over that. I don't see anyway he falls out of the top 15, but who knows...

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, now it appears Randy Gregory will slide to us in the 1st. I hadn't given him much thought before his positive test for weed. But this will surely drop him into our range. I like the player, but I don't like the story. Supposedly he last smoked in December, yet he failed a test in Feb. A guy who is tall and lean and exercises regularly should not have failed that test if he last used in December unless his usage rate was above 4 times a week. That doesn't give me a good vibe about him at all.

If I am reading this correctly about him he has grown up. He has figured it out. I know I could be being naive about the kid but I call him a kid and now he is becoming a man and he is figuring it out. He blames no one but his own character at the time.

I smoked every day after work. All day on weekends. I took on a position where I couldn't smoke anymore and gave it up cold turkey. My best friend smoked all day everyday. He got busted for something way worse than pot. At his first "meeting" everyone talked about how they were going to beat the test. He said he was going cold turkey and not doing anything illegal. He has been sober for 7 years. We were both adults and not some snot nosed kid.

I can see how the THC is still in system and I can see where he is telling fib too.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory at 27??? I'd really have to hear something bad to not jump all over that. I don't see anyway he falls out of the top 15, but who knows...
I believe he'll be gone before the #27 pick.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely don't buy the Josh Gordon comparison for Randy Gregory. Gregory owned his mistake, and has said the right things since. Josh Gordon makes it sound like the world is out to get him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
com
I definitely don't buy the Josh Gordon comparison for Randy Gregory. Gregory owned his mistake, and has said the right things since. Josh Gordon makes it sound like the world is out to get him.
comparison for me is he'll be coming to a team already enrolled in the drug program. I really don't think he'll last to our pick but if he did....I'd pass at 27

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you buy that he has kicked the habit and hasn't smoked since December I have land in Florida for sell.

I can see him being suspended multilple time under the current NFL policies.

Would I take that risk at 27 maybe, but if I did I do it knowing it was risky.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you buy that he has kicked the habit and hasn't smoked since December I have land in Florida for sell.

I can see him being suspended multilple time under the current NFL policies.

Would I take that risk at 27 maybe, but if I did I do it knowing it was risky.

I'm not saying he has or hasn't kicked it. I'm saying he has owned the mistake, and has displayed professionalism and accountability under the scrutiny of the issue. Josh Gordon has failed multiple drug tests in the NFL. Gregory failed a test at the NFL combine, technically he isn't even in the league yet. Gordon often portrays himself as a victim, meanwhile Gregory has excepted full responsibility for his actions. I just don't see him in the same boat as Gordon.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows. He could be Josh Gordon or he could be Warren Sapp or Randy Moss...