• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be Opening Day Starting RB

Starting RB Prediction

• Randle

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • McFadden

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Williams

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Player not currently on the roster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunbar is not on the poll becauseI I don't think he is a viable option to start....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Randle. Mark my words if he stays out of trouble he's going to make Cowboy fans more than happy.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Randle. Mark mydemeanor ds if he stays out of trouble he's going to make Cowboy fans more than happy.

I agree, I think Randle can make some explosive plays. I also like his demeanor & attitude towards the rb competition.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Randle. Mark my words if he stays out of trouble he's going to make Cowboy fans more than happy.
I totally agree. If he can keep his mouth shut and stay out of trouble(questionable), I think he could put up huge numbers

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a Week 1 prediction? Or most games? Or by Week 17?

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a Week 1 prediction? Or most games? Or by Week 17?

Basically all the above barring injury of course. Who will be the man?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO no one will be the man. No one will get 1,000 yards. Committee isn't a bad word.

I hope if Williams plays as well in the preseason as he did last year that he gets a fairer shot at a role...

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO no one will be the man. No one will get 1,000 yards. Committee isn't a bad word.

I hope if Williams plays as well in the preseason as he did last year that he gets a fairer shot at a role...

I beg to differ, I think Randle will take the job & run with for @ least 1000 yards this season. Committee or not.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count me in as part of the Randle supporters. In the limited sample size we have he has performed well. Obviously the situations vary but this will be year 3 of him with this offensive line and with the team so his talent combined with familiarity gives him the edge over the others.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't really know why but I think McFadden just might not be as bad in Dallas as most assume.
I'll vote McFadden as we sit here today

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am Hoping Williams steps up and stays healthy and wins the job. I wont be upset if its Randle McFadden or a committee I just want a solid running game to keep Romo and Linehan from getting Pass happy

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think run DMC is still playing catch up. Randle is going to get every chance to keep the lead, but ultimately I think DMC will start the season. Randle will get his fair share in the offense, not sure if it will be as close to 50-50 as some may think. I do think Randle could become our designated game closer as we limit DMC's touches. I think there is enough meat on the bone for one RB to eclipse 1000. Health permitting - I could see a 1000-1200 yard guy and a 600-800 yard guy. Williams and Dunbar will take the role of whomever gets injured. Dunbar for DMC and Williams for Randle.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a sneaking suspicion that McFadden is going to surprise a lot of people. If he can manage to stay healthy this year, I really believe we will see a career year from RunDMC.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoever starts is going to have some lanes to run through. Mcfaddens speed could lead to big plays, but the problem i have with Mcfadden is he does not know how to use his blockers at the 2nd level.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with DMC is more or less how he gets through the line. He speeds up so fast that he can't throttle down at the second level to put a move on a defender. He is patient behind the line, but once he hits his second gear, he lets it loose and then he's limited himself to going in a stright-ish line instead of being under control. It will make for a ton of 8-9 yard gains followed by odd looking collisions at the second level. I will still take those 8-9 yard gains, but comparing it to Murray, we will be giving up a few yards in those cases. We should be able to make up some of that lost yardage on the off tackle runs where DMC should be able to gain a few more than Murray probably could.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with DMC is more or less how he gets through the line. He speeds up so fast that he can't throttle down at the second level to put a move on a defender. He is patient behind the line, but once he hits his second gear, he lets it loose and then he's limited himself to going in a stright-ish line instead of being under control. It will make for a ton of 8-9 yard gains followed by odd looking collisions at the second level. I will still take those 8-9 yard gains, but comparing it to Murray, we will be giving up a few yards in those cases. We should be able to make up some of that lost yardage on the off tackle runs where DMC should be able to gain a few more than Murray probably could.

The knock on McFadden (that I read) running behind a zone blocking line was that he had neither the patience nor the vision to do so. He just ran full speed the second he got the ball and didn't have the patience to let things develop in front of him. Now I have no idea if that is true or not and contrary to what most seem to think we actually run a combo of zone and power running plays. IMO McFadden gets the same chance as everyone else. I'm not going to write him off because of what I read he did or didn't do elsewhere, but not all runners are made for all Offenses. My bigger concern about McFadden than reading that was that the last few years where he was basically horrible each year, another guy actually out performed him by a lot. I'm more worried that his injuries have ruined his career tha nI am he can't run in this Offense. I like Latavious Murray as a decent player, but how does he run for a 5.2 YPC and DMac is only at 3.4? And it was the same for the last few years with names like Pryor, Reece, Jennings (very good player) and Goodson...

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched what was on youtube after we signed him. I know he looked much more patient with a fullback leading (slowing him down) through the hole than when he was a lone back looking for a hole. I can't speak as to what year some of that was. He has been less effective lately, but some of that could be what you are talking about by not being a good fit for what the o-line is doing. If he's lost some of that speed, it could mean the difference between him being a lead dog or a backup. I have to expect him to get knicked up over the course of the year, but until then I think he can win the job and maybe with some luck be just as dangerous as Murray was.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm just excited to see how this shakes out. I think Dunbar is incredibly explosive and can be our home run hitter and I'm anxious to see what he can do with an opportunity. If he has that same explosiveness he needs to get 5 plus touches a game. I know many say McFadden is good in protection and Randle made some progress, but that is still my biggest concern. I am comfortable that one or all will run the ball well enough. I want to make sure someone can protect Romo. I think unless someone else is signed all 4 make the team and all 4play at some point.