• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who performs SB halftime this year?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a 26 year old that idolizes Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard. I obviously have a deeper hatred for Luke Bryan than most.

I am guessing you dislike modern country in general? I have a couple of friends that love the same artists you do and they hate modern country artists in general

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing you dislike modern country in general? I have a couple of friends that love the same artists you do and they hate modern country artists in general

I hate pretty much all of them that gets radio play. I like a lot of the newer Texas Country artists though. Hank III, Shooter Jennings, Sturgill Simpson, Kevin Fowler, Jamey Johnson, etc.

Garth Brooks is the worst thing to ever happen to Country Music IMO.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Ray Cirus has that title.

For all intents and purposes, a one hit wonder that today is known more for acting and his daughter than his musical career?

Billy Ray actually had some good songs, and was sleeping in a station wagon trying to make it as a songwriter. He agreed to do Achy Breaky Heart for the money, and I don't blame him.

Garth Brooks had a far greater impact, and is the worst thing that ever happened to Country music.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all intents and purposes, a one hit wonder that today is known more for acting and his daughter than his musical career?

Billy Ray actually had some good songs, and was sleeping in a station wagon trying to make it as a songwriter. He agreed to do Achy Breaky Heart for the money, and I don't blame him.

Garth Brooks had a far greater impact, and is the worst thing that ever happened to Country music.
We'll have to agree to disagree there.
Some of the bad country music folks up there with Garth are:
Rascal Flatts
Kenny Chesney
Taylor Swift

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to agree to disagree there.
Some of the bad country music folks up there with Garth are:
Rascal Flatts
Kenny Chesney
Taylor Swift

Garth was there before any of them, and he had a strong influence on them. Pop music masquerading as Country didn't start with Garth, you had your Patsy Clines, Jim Reeves and Kenny Rogers of the world before, but the real stuff always won out. Garth came around, and then not long afterwards, Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney came around, and Country music has never recovered, at least not on the mainstream level.