• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the last player in the top 12?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The likely line combinations.

First: All this is assuming that Brian Rolston is traded to create the necessary cap space to sign Kovy.

The forward combinations would look something like this.

Parise – Zajac- Langenbrunner
Kovalchuk – Arnott – Elias
Zubrus – ???? – Clarkson
PL3-Pelley- Zharkov

IMO These lines are the most balanced.

Every line after the first has excellent size and physicality. The third line has more offensive punch than the Devils have seen for a long time.

The only young player in my top 12 is Josefson. I think he’s the most likely to make the team compared to Tedenby or Henrique.

First, the Devils are substantially deeper at all wing positions compared to center. That should immediately point to the Devils letting Tedenby acclimate in the minors. That leaves the third line center spot open for Henrique or Josefson.

I think JJ has the advantage here. Although a simple glance at the point totals would make a casual observer think that Henrique is the better player, Josefson has been playing in the Swedish league which has no age limit. That means JJ has already been playing in a men’s league, where Henrique hasn’t played against anyone older than 20, and last year only played against players that were younger than him. Josefson is also heralded for his two-way skill, which should buy him the time he needs to develop his offensive game. Frankly, with two 45G scorers (Parise, Kovy) on the top two lines, two 30G scorers (Elias, Zajac), and two 20 goal scorers (Langs, Arnott), JJ isn’t going to be expected to provide a huge burst of offense. As long as he doesn’t prove to be a defensive liability, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t on the team.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think of our 3 stud rookies on offense (josefson, tedenby, henrique) josefson is the one with the best shot.
if it was all pure playing ability you'd probably see tedenby on the team but we need a 3rd line center which turns the race to josefons and henrique.

personally i'm thinking josefson. the kid is young, has loads of potential, plays the style of game that could fit in a rd line roal where he's responsible defensively and will also probably provide more offensive pop than our previous 3rd line centers over the past couple years have.

henrique wouldn't be bad but he's coming off of a stacked team in windsor. he should get at least a year to acclimate to the pro game in albany, where as josefson has been in the ESL for a year and half now. he's ready

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like the lines the way you have them i would like to see zubrus slotted over to center and tedenby get the shot at playing.seems like he may he was invited to the nhls rookie camp.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The more I look at my potential lines, I get the feeling that Tedenby's only shot is if at least one winger is moved in the KCC trades. (KCC= Kovy Cap Clearing)

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definately and even then he as to win a job, unless they trade zubes and are willing to put rolston on the 4th line, becuase clarkson sure as hell doens't belong down there.

but i have a hard time seeing rollie being put on the 4th line... it could happen and i think its where he should be if he stays
but i have a hard time seeing it.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems like JJ is getting a very serious look. They obviously threw him into the fire right off the bat, and assuming he does well in the early games, I'm sure that he'll stick for the duration of camp. The season still isn't a sure thing yet, but they seem committed to him in the long hall. Same thing with Urbom.

The2000cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
you know whats weird about this all tho.. is pelley hasn't been playing center to my knowledge so it makes me scepticle that they put him as 4th line center.. maybe they do.. but i think for todays game against the rangers he is playing left wing on sesitito's line.. but yeah 3rd line center josefson