• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

who is the first half mvp al

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is the first half mvp in the al ?

i can't see anyone that has had more of an effect on a team than crush davis :doh:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that is a tough one...

Right now I go

1A Cabrerra
1B Davis
3 Machado

I could easily see Davis taking over sole possession of #1 if they run away with one of the WC spots or even run down Boston more so. It wont help Cabrerra if Detroit continues to struggle. If they are fighting to win the Central late and Baltimore has already secured a playoff bid, I could see Davis getting it if he continues this torrid pace.

Right now... That is how I go however.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
]:postwhore: this site does have some cool stuff on it

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now I go

1A Cabrerra
1B Davis
3 Machado

I could easily see Davis taking over sole possession of #1 if they run away with one of the WC spots or even run down Boston more so. It wont help Cabrerra if Detroit continues to struggle. If they are fighting to win the Central late and Baltimore has already secured a playoff bid, I could see Davis getting it if he continues this torrid pace.

that is a solid 2 i do love manny but not for mvp this year

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is a solid 2 i do love manny but not for mvp this year

Manny aint gonna win it obviously... but I think he has the best case for 3rd after Davis and Cabrerra. 38 doubles is hella impressive. And only 20!!! Man, good to be an Orioles fan right now... Happy for yall. You deserve some good baseball.

Just hope either Oakland or Baltimore wins their division so they dont have to face each other in the elimination game.

I would rather see both of these teams in a 1st round series than have that happen.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
]:postwhore: this site does have some cool stuff on it
especially when you can do this....

UtMeAb7.jpg

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is cool

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems far better than espn . hope the others will test this out

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems far better than espn . hope the others will test this out

I do too. CBS axed their boards. ESPN is doing that now. How long til Fox Sports follows suit? I'd hate to see that core of good posters have to move again.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now I go

1A Cabrerra
1B Davis
3 Machado

Do not sleep on what Jason Kipnis has done this year. Not good enough to knock off Davis or Cabrera but I would put him 3rd right now.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not sleep on what Jason Kipnis has done this year. Not good enough to knock off Davis or Cabrera but I would put him 3rd right now.

Hey I got both their rookie cards and I am rootin for both of em:yahoo:

Yes I am a 37 year old man who still buys rookie cards:L

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothin wrong with that. I am a 43 year old with over 100,000 baseball cards.:suds:

Wow.

When I went to college and came back home one summer I saw my mom had thrown out my collection of baseball cards. :L At the time I was really disenchanted (My Roger Clemens rookie card! My Mark McGwire rookie card!). Of course, we all know what their value was then... and likely is now.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

When I went to college and came back home one summer I saw my mom had thrown out my collection of baseball cards. :L At the time I was really disenchanted (My Roger Clemens rookie card! My Mark McGwire rookie card!). Of course, we all know what their value was then... and likely is now.

I think we all have stories like that. My mom gave away all my bats and hockey sticks. One of the Hockey sticks was signed by the entire 1984-85 Capitals team.

The baseball cards I don't buy them for the resale value, just have fun with my wife trying to complete sets.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all have stories like that. My mom gave away all my bats and hockey sticks. One of the Hockey sticks was signed by the entire 1984-85 Capitals team.

The baseball cards I don't buy them for the resale value, just have fun with my wife trying to complete sets.

I agree, I was never interested in reselling them or getting caught up with their worth. That aspect of it was just an introduction to 'investment' as a kid, lol. It was fun to get the latest copy of Beckett and see.

My window for collecting didn't last long. I recall really liking the look of Topps 1987 baseball cards.. with the wood grain border. It was in direct contrast to the hologram cards (I forget the company name) that were starting to hit the market. Do you have a favorite year and company?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I was never interested in reselling them or getting caught up with their worth. That aspect of it was just an introduction to 'investment' as a kid, lol. It was fun to get the latest copy of Beckett and see.

My window for collecting didn't last long. I recall really liking the look of Topps 1987 baseball cards.. with the wood grain border. It was in direct contrast to the hologram cards (I forget the company name) that were starting to hit the market. Do you have a favorite year and company?

While I have other sets, I try to only collect the Topps base sets. My favorite set is 1970. Kelloggs started the Hologram cards in cereal boxes.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those Topps with the wood grain were my first foray into collecting baseball cards (I guess I was 8 or 9 at the time). Over the years, I've liked the Studio series and the Donruss Diamond Kings.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man when I was in high school I use to stupidly have random knuckleheads from school and my neighborhood come over and we would toke up etc...anyways one day I was so devestated to find someone stole my collection of special cards ( Ernie Banks, Mickey Mantle, Roberto Clemente, Frank Robinson, Brooks Robinson, Eddie Mathews, Mark Mcgwire Olympic card, Robin Yount rookie)

I never did find who stole them. Makes me sad to this day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Oriole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man when I was in high school I use to stupidly have random knuckleheads from school and my neighborhood come over and we would toke up etc...anyways one day I was so devestated to find someone stole my collection of special cards ( Ernie Banks, Mickey Mantle, Roberto Clemente, Frank Robinson, Brooks Robinson, Eddie Mathews, Mark Mcgwire Olympic card, Robin Yount rookie)

I never did find who stole them. Makes me sad to this day.

Was probably whg.